X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jay813
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2005

Re: Sasha - Balance?

would def buy without having to preview it. I was unsure what to think about Sasha's studio production capabilities since the split with Charlie May, and the Involver 3 mess (i didnt like it much at all). But the mixmag cd, and the latest RA mix tells me he's ready. I expect this will be an epic mix to go along side some of the balance greats.

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

when the man like puts on his muppet hat and wraps everyone in a blanket of melancholy ping pong delay, people are liable to get emotional. you could call it trance, i call it bulllllshiiiiiittttttt.

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

^

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• klangfabrik
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2009

i hope its similar to his RA podcast....i am hoping for an 'ordinary' 2xCD mix comp - no remix comp like the involver series.
          we will see. should be out around march i assume?

edit

just saw this interview

Comment

• Devil's Dandruff
            Banned
            • Nov 2015

It was a musical connection, one that's lasted many, many years. I think we both got inspired off each other's mixtapes. I remember the first time I heard his mixtapes and John really had a style that was different, edge-y and very clever in the way he mixed records together.

The first time we played together we played back to back and it just clicked. From then on we just didn't look back. It just felt very natural, we got on well as friends and musically we just seemed to share the same sort of vision about what we wanted to play, even though we both had distinct, separate styles. It just worked seamlessly, the back to back thing. We had a good 15 year run of it.
            Sounds like it's unlikely they will be playing together again.

Comment

Working...