X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Sonos Play 5 Gen 2

Hands down the best Wireless speaker money can buy right now. I am in sheer awe of what this thing can do. If you don't have too much space and are looking for unbelievable sound in a small form factor, do yourself a favor and go test drive one at your local big box store. It is mind numbing what this can do.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • klangfabrik
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2009

Re: Sonos Play 5 Gen 2

i am thinking about getting a SONOS system for our new flat, as we moved in 1 month ago.

i want to have speakers in the living room, kitchen & bathroom. what do i need beside the speakers Kamal?

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Just a good wifi router / signal (if you're planning on implementing the speakers in a wireless environment), a smartphone, and the accompanying app. It will then give you the option to either add various streams (google Music, Soundcloud, Spotify, Pandora, etc. etc.) but you can also stream music off your device.

The Sonos 5 is an incredible sounding beast (for it's size). Blew the Bose Soundtouch 30 Series 3 out of the water.
      Last edited by Kamal; March 2, 2016, 12:22:14 PM.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• klangfabrik
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2009

i see.yeah the app seems pretty easy to use with streams & your own music....
        there are severeal other devices, SONOS Boost and Connect. i just don't get what they are for

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

I think the Connect hardware is to bring your own speakers into the Sonos environment, if you can afford it, I would just buy the Sonos Play 5 Gen 2 and call it a day, if you can afford 2 to setup a stereo environment, even better.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• klangfabrik
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2009

kk, thanks.

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Apparently their overpriced (USD 699) Sonos sub is reputed to be the best sub-woofer in the world. The manufacturer claims you can balance a glass of water on it without it dropping / spilling. Both Amazon (341 reviews) and Best Buy (+1000 reviews) have given it a near perfect 5 out of 5 stars. The only people who gave it 4 stars did so because of the price and not the product itself.

For as many products I've purchased and or read up on, this is the first time I've ever seen such a massive rating. Being a bass nut, I ordered mine over the weekend as an early b'day present and it's shipped, waiting to see what the hype is all about.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

The Sonos sub is worth every penny and the hype. It weighs 36 lbs, bass is ridiculously and unbelievably clean. Transformed the audio coming from the Pay 5 alone. Fan-fuckin-tastic
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...