• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • el presidente Highsteppa
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

RIP George Michael

I posted this on my facebook page:

We managed to see him live last time he came to Toronto (his first stop since his last visit in 1991) in 2008 I think? I was sincerely hoping to see him again, as it was one of my favourite all time concerts I've ever been to.

A fantastically talented musician - he played a lot of the instruments on each of his albums, could cross genres effortlessly from dance/electronic, slow ballads, country flavoured pop songs, some amazingly innovative covers (his auto tune take of New Order's True Faith is haunting - his cover of Stevie Wonder's They Won't Go When I Go and You and I were beautiful) and had an incredible voice and stage presence.

RIP to one of the greats - you were always my favourite vocalist and every album you put out were always highly anticipated. You will be missed.
    He also deserved a lot of respect for his very generous work with AIDS related charities, including 3 original songs from the jettisoned Listen Without Prejudice Vol 2 album that he never completed due to a contract dispute with Sony in 1991.

The man's vocal range was remarkable, his understanding of music and ability to make a wide variety of songs straddling a number of different genres constantly surprised me. His duets that he did with Mary J. Blige, Whitney Houston, Elton John, Ray Charles, Tony Bennett and others were always something special. I hope that his rumored demos with Daft Punk and the work he was doing recently with Naughty Boy (who recently worked with Drake) will get released, as well as the documentary that was recently completed about his life.

RIP - like I said, he will be truly missed. I'm going to be listening to a lot of his work for the next few days.
    Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Re:

Absolute shocka! 2016 has been a crazy year of death action. He's definitely one of my favorite artists on the music tip.

Comment

• Claire Taurus
      Banned
      • Jul 2014

Re: RIP George Michael

I never knew that there were so many George Michael fans out there.

Comment

• kolakao
        Getting Somewhere
        • Feb 2009

Re:

Originally posted by Michael^Heaven
        Absolute shocka! 2016 has been a crazy year of death action. He's definitely one of my favorite artists on the music tip.

And with deaths of those people world will change. Artists community is known for supporting left liberal side. Say what you want but with those who die this year Trump would lost with Clinton, cultural marxism wouldn't be in retreat as is now, and maybe even GB would stay in EU.

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Re:

Originally posted by kolakao
          And with deaths of those people world will change. Artists community is known for supporting left liberal side. Say what you want but with those who die this year Trump would lost with Clinton, cultural marxism wouldn't be in retreat as is now, and maybe even GB would stay in EU.
          Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• Claire Taurus
            Banned
            • Jul 2014

Carrie Fisher has gone too.

Comment

• kolakao
              Getting Somewhere
              • Feb 2009

1968 generation bye,bye...

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by kolakao
                1968 generation bye,bye...
                ????

Comment

• sbando
                  Going back to Romford
                  • Apr 2008

King Crimson's John Wetton passed away last night.

╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                  ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                  ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                  ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• diegoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

sad news... and great band. RIP
                    It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                    Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                    May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• sbando
                      Going back to Romford
                      • Apr 2008

As you probably know, Al Jarreau passed away

╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

I was absolutely gutted when George Michael died. He was a part of my youth and "Wake me up" was one of my top favs during my early teens. Him and Andrew Ridgely defined a lot of what my generation at my age and time were listening to and I felt connection to WHAM! unlike most bands growing up (Def Leppard, Poison, Motley Crew, Skid Row are a few others) but WHAM! had its place for me. I was borderline depressed for a couple of days knowing he had passed.

Truly a remarkable talent and human. God rest his soul.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...