X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jambo
    Getting warmed up
    • Nov 2017

Re: John Digweed's new Live In: Output

Well the cue files I found for discs 4, 5 and 6 match perfectly with the continuous mixes I bought from Beatport.

I think the labels are ok with the songs being in the continuous mixes, but not being released as singles.

If anyone with discs could PM me the timings for 1-3 I'd be very grateful.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

glad to hear its out. stil waiting for the smiley face to arrive
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• ddr
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

on my first listen, i really enjoyed discs 3-5, 1 and 2 not so much and 6 was average. will be listening to it again soon.
        "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

From Digweeds FB page

I think there might still be some confusion with the formats for the Last Night At Output release
          Physical CD is 6 x CD’s which has the full mix of 6.35 hours from the night, this is not the whole 10 hours as there were too many tracks we could not license in the last few hours
          Beatport
          Same full 6 x mixes as cd plus 60 full tracks to download for just over £13 which is an absolute bargain given how much music you end up with.

iTunes
          They no longer allow dj mixes, no idea why but not possible to buy on I tunes now so you only have the tracks here that are legally licensed to be used

Spotify
          This is where it gets complicated, quiet a few labels don’t grant streaming rights to the tracks we licensed for the CD, at this point we have two choices, don’t stream the album at all or spend ages digitally editing out the tracks and trying to make the cd flow as nicely as possible given the missing tracks from the mix. Now if that isn’t hard enough. If we uploaded the continuous mix as one file and there is 6 files for the album. Spotify class one file as one track whether it’s one artist on there or 9, so in order to at least get the artist and the label properly and appropriately paid, we have to upload each track individually which is a pain for us and you. So if you really want to hear this mix in full download from beatport and dump it in your player.

Apple Music
          This unfortunately is the same as above

I wanted to explain this as clearly as possible so you make the right decision on how you want to hear it and to highlight how difficult it is becoming with these types of release. Please feel free to share this information.
          So far the feedback has been incredible and I am touched by so many lovely comments.
          John Digweed

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

kind of weird that he put 6 cd's in the package when it only has 6.35 hours of music.

6 discs x 80 min a disk is 480 minutes which equates to 8 hours of music

they could have easily fit on 5 disks???

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
              kind of weird that he put 6 cd's in the package when it only has 6.35 hours of music.

6 discs x 80 min a disk is 480 minutes which equates to 8 hours of music

they could have easily fit on 5 disks???
              logically yes, but it may have to do with which tracks he could not license. Some of the CD's do not flow into the next (2 into 3 for example) so leads me to believe there is a gap there.. 1 track or 5 tracks? we do not know.

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

^^that makes sense however it conflicts with what digweed posted on FB

Physical CD is 6 x CD’s which has the full mix of 6.35 hours from the night,

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  • Jun 2004

Last Night At Output release
                  Physical CD is 6 x CD’s which has the full mix of 6.35 hours from the night, this is not the whole 10 hours as there were too many tracks we could not license in the last few hours
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    • Jun 2004

(having weird issues not being able to see my posts..so)

6 cds arrived and I am gratful to have such amazing music. discs 3-6 are my favs

no smiley face on the signature tho........

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Personally I think this is the worst Live in he has released (besides Slovenia).

Tracks really didn't pull me in at tall, no standouts, no feeling.....just kind of rough/harsh track after track.
                      Do not like this one at all. Wish I would not have bought it.

Comment

• jay813
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2005

Personally I think this is the worst Live in he has released (besides Slovenia).

Tracks really didn't pull me in at tall, no standouts, no feeling.....just kind of rough/harsh track after track.
                        i'll take it off your hands if you want? just give me a price

Comment

• chuckc
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

^^Sure I can do that,

John Digweed - Last Night at Output 6xCD Box Set Signed & Numbered EditionPreorder: I acknowledge that this item is a preorder and that orders containing this item are scheduled to deliver week commencing May 5th, 2019. 1 £18.99
                          Scroll for more items

£18.99
                          £5.50
                          £24.49

Comment

• niof
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Oct 2005

Totally agree with you. Just fine tracks (not all), and i understand the main concept, but this mix is boring. The "Live in Tokyo" or Montreal is much-much better than this. For me of course...

Comment

• ddr
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by niof
                              Totally agree with you. Just fine tracks (not all), and i understand the main concept, but this mix is boring. The "Live in Tokyo" or Montreal is much-much better than this. For me of course...
                              Montreal is the best in the series for me, London 2nd.

Comment

• salami
                                Platinum Poster
                                • May 2008

I guess that set would work far better if you were there but not as a live compilation.
                                Still much appreciated for Diggers that he still releases them.

This one stand out for me.

Comment

Working...