• Show
Clear All
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: The Sasha & Digweed Legacy - article

Originally posted by salami
    Just came back from Sasha and Digweed gig for the first time,
    its their second time in Athens after 15 years from 2004.

Sasha started playing at 3 for an hour, a couple of bangers here and there but mostly warm up stuff, the real gig started when Digweed arrived at the booth at 4:30 and destroyed the place from the very first tune.

After an hour or so they started playing back to back, It was quite a great party, people where feeling the groove and dancing, i still find mobile phones bothering tho :-P

Mixing was top notch but to be honest i was expecting a lot more musically, very few tracks stood out for me, i guess it wasn't the right place for them to drop a totally immersive set. Its an outdoor club on the beach with plenty of space and quite nice atmosphere overall, but not quite ideal for a vortex set i guess.

John Digweed uploaded a clip on his instagram
    2,252 likes, 41 comments - djjohndigweed on July 6, 2019: "Last night at @bolivarbeachbar in Athens with @djsashaofficial What a wonderful party thank you Track ID @bookashade - Sonus out now ...".

Sasha posted on Facebook that Xpander was released exactly 20 years ago today, and a guy brought him the vinyl to sign it and Sasha was kinda impressed and lifted the vinyl to the crowd and people went peanuts!! then i thought it was the right time for me to snick in and give him my Northern Exposure CD that i brought so to get it signed from both, but he had to use this guys marker cause i didn't have one, so i only got it signed from da man cause Digweed arrived later.

When the sun started to arise they played a few classic piano house for a bit, but i think i remember that Sasha said on a interview a few years back that piano house haven't aged well (which i totally agree), so i was kinda "why they even bother playing them" give us some proper classics or drop some groovy twisted bass rocking melodic naked gems please"

One of their closing tunes was the Mathame - Starburst (Locked Groove Remix)
    Alicia Keys - Unthinkable (Sasha Remix)
    And the last one was Maceo Plex - When The Lights Are Out
    Because the club promoter told them to wrap up, or else i believe they would continue play until 10 in the morning. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

ps
    Guy J - Esperanza was such a far closing tune back in the days.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13081[/ATTACH]
    Did you run into the Raj?

Comment

• salami
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzm_DDIg-R9/ the 2nd one

Any ID'ea ?
      Last edited by salami; July 7, 2019, 06:30:47 PM.

Comment

• sbando
        Going back to Romford
        • Apr 2008

Both nice tracks.
        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• salami
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2008

^ indeed, great moment here closing with perfect motion

Last edited by salami; July 9, 2019, 05:03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...