• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay Robinson
    Getting Somewhere
    • Nov 2011

Unreleased Essential Mix ft. Sasha (and oakey and seaman) 2000.12.08

Mixcloud

Seems legit - the guy who is hosting it on mixcloud uploaded a shit load of stuff the last few weeks, mostly from Tongs weekly show on R1 but there have been a few Sasha bits and pieces.. including this, labelled as 'unreleased essential mix' from 2000. Something goes awry with the mix towards the end, which is perhaps why it wasn't released on the radio

Not sure what time Sasha starts, although the decent stuff is really around the 45+ mark then there are some cheesey vocals around the 120 mark which i presume is Oakenfold - could be wrong but it's worth a listen.. (although I couldn't give a toss about Oakey and Seaman personally..)
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: Unreleased Essential Mix ft. Sasha (and oakey and seaman) 2000.12.08

This is a Fake, it used to labelled Tokyo Fightclub. There were a few around. There is also a Sasha, Digweed & Tenaglia one.

These mixes date back to the old soulseek days, where people would knock out a mix in their bedroom, then label it as big names DJ's, which would cause fans to download it and say how great it is. The bedroom DJ would then have their ego stroked.

I did get exited for a minute. The sleeve notes to GU Sydney state that Digweed recorded an Essential Mix, at Twilo, in 1998. I also remember an in a magazine, where Oakenfold recorded a mix, in New York, for his EM world tour in 1999. Neither of these were ever released.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Nov 2013

Erick posts here every now and then.

It's got Fall From Grace on it, Oakenfold was playing this is September 1999. Skydive from 1998 and Quivver - One Last Time. Yep, this is a fake.

Comment

• Jay Robinson
        Getting Somewhere
        • Nov 2011

ok, shame - did make me question originally but as he had virtually the whold Pete Tong archive of his essential selection from 95-2001 thought he might be directly involved with Radio 1 somehow

Comment

Working...