X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: Sasha @ Better Days, Toronto 28/11/1196

Idiots trying to get exposure for their website. If you can falsely label a set, on a date that the artist actually played, it gives it more credence. Part 1 is fake. Part 2 is Sasha, but still from an unknown source.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Nov 2013

Within days of this set being posted;

1995-07-03 - Sasha @ Nation, Sound Factory, San Francisco | DJ sets tracklists on MixesDB

It was being posted on Cream's Facebook page as being from Nation in Liverpool by Liverpool Oldskool, when they clearly knew that it wasn't.

Comment

• ce810
        Fresh Peossy
        • Mar 2013

part 1
        11 Mikerobenics - Julika (Pascal FEOS Remix)

The track at 90 minutes was featured in a lot of sets from that year

The track in the first 30s is in the set from boyd westerman @ simons in 1997

Comment

• Jay Robinson
          Getting Somewhere
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
          Idiots trying to get exposure for their website. If you can falsely label a set, on a date that the artist actually played, it gives it more credence. Part 1 is fake. Part 2 is Sasha, but still from an unknown source.
          Nah, it's not fake - you can hear DeNiro being mixed in at the end of it and the 2nd part continues on. It's definitely Sasha

Again, BBE was not being played by Sasha in November. Fact is, it's a set from around November - the other set contains tracks that were around before or in summer - sure, he might still be playing the odd one or two come November but he's not going to be playing the whole block of 'em
          Last edited by Jay Robinson; April 17, 2020, 02:00:23 PM.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ce810
            part 1
            11 Mikerobenics - Julika (Pascal FEOS Remix)

The track at 90 minutes was featured in a lot of sets from that year

The track in the first 30s is in the set from boyd westerman @ simons in 1997
            Oh. Well it must be Sasha then.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jay Robinson
              Nah, it's not fake - you can hear DeNiro being mixed in at the end of it and the 2nd part continues on. It's definitely Sasha

Again, BBE was not being played by Sasha in November. Fact is, it's a set from around November - the other set contains tracks that were around before or in summer - sure, he might still be playing the odd one or two come November but he's not going to be playing the whole block of 'em
              Dude. Yesterday you were trying to peddle that, Sasha, Seaman and Oakenfold fake as Sasha.

Comment

• Jay Robinson
                Getting Somewhere
                • Nov 2011

Dude. Yesterday you were trying to peddle that, Sasha, Seaman and Oakenfold fake as Sasha.
                Peddle? No no, was simply reposting something - quite happy to be told that's a fake, just lured in by the mans account with all those Pete Tong essential selections on - presumed he was something to do with Radio 1, that's all.

This, however, is different - first mix, which you say is fake, mixes into the second - thus it's not fake, thus it must be Sasha and those tunes are all from the end of 1996 which means we have a 3 hour live club mix- it must be from somewhere - maybe it's not from Better Days but i can absolutely guarantee that that other mix is not from November.

It's unlikely that someone has purposefully mislabelled a set but somehow mangaged to end up with the tracks on it correlating to the date - yea, people are dicks and change names of sets, but it's more likely that it's the first one, not this one, that's been changed

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Nov 2013

Really? How can you guarantee it? We will be going into black helicopter territory next.
                  Last edited by ♫♫♫♫♫♫; April 18, 2020, 12:54:18 AM.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Nov 2013

And then Sasha drops all of his big tracks, only to start playing them again a few weeks later, on JJJ
                    Last edited by ♫♫♫♫♫♫; April 18, 2020, 12:53:19 AM.

Comment

• Jay Robinson
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Nov 2011

Really? How can you guarantee it? We will be going into black helicopter territory next.
                      Because the tunes my friend... the tunes.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Nov 2013

But yet he has dropped Slacker and Swell and picked them up again a few weeks later. I asked for a guarantee, not an opinion.

Comment

• Jay Robinson
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Nov 2011

But yet he has dropped Slacker and Swell and picked them up again a few weeks later. I asked for a guarantee, not an opinion.
                          he didn't 'drop' anything - just didn't play them, you can only get through so many tunes in a 3 hour session innit'. there's not one tune in that other mix that came out any later than August...what makes you so sure it's from November? it's not going to be the case that he plays a 3 hour set at the end of Nov. and does'nt play anything from the previous 3 months - - have you ever seen him do that? Even in his '95 BT & Blue Amazon days when that's all he seemed to play, you'd still have the odd track here and there that would be new.

Either way, happy to hear this set - brings back good memories

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Nov 2013

Yes, but, Scared was one of his pivitol tracks from that era, but he seemed to have forgot to drop it that night. Seems to me, that you want to believe that it is Sasha from that night.

Comment

• Jay Robinson
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Nov 2011

Yes, but, Scared was one of his pivitol tracks from that era, but he seemed to have forgot to drop it that night. Seems to me, that you want to believe that it is Sasha from that night.
                              I'm somewhat confused - so you don't even think it's Sasha at all now?

Also, pivitol why? Becuase he played it a few times? I feel that's just your perception as there aren't all that many mixes from 1996 out there to check, but what we do know is that that Liquid Groove mix was a week after the essential mix and he didn't play it on there..

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Nov 2013

Sorry, I got my dates mixed up, I was thinking about this, I think that you are right. If they didn't join together, I would have to ask myself where part 2 fitted in on a timeline. Apologies, I was very drunk last night. Serves me right for not listening to it properly.
                                Last edited by ♫♫♫♫♫♫; April 18, 2020, 05:25:36 AM.

Comment

Working...