X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuzzFuzz
    Addiction started
    • Feb 2007

Re: Sasha @ Lost Horizon Festival - 04 June 2020

Why is everyone so sure, that track at 21:02 is his own track?

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
      Addiction started
      • May 2008

Whilst I'm not going to argue with those who found the decision to use this set for the latest LNOE podcast "lazy", as he explains in the intro, other people asked for a copy of it (and I appreciate we are spoilt with access to quality rips of these kinds of sets, but not everyone is a savy or has such good taste as us ), and he also included an unused first "take" that went unaired as he felt it was too clubby. So 50% of it is exclusive to the podcast.

It's pretty clear from the fact the LNOE podcast is no longer on a regular schedule that he is struggling to do anything meaningful with the show during lockdown now he has no "new" sets to use for it. I agree, it's a good opportunity to use classic sets, or do a studio mix like the Bunker Sessions, but for whatever reason he clearly isn't interested in doing this. It's a shame, but it's his choice.

Comment

• model1974
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jul 2008

The bottom line is that he's lost every bit of interest in DJ'ing that he once had. This is plainly obvious with the quality of his sets and a general lack of willingness to produce anything fresh and meaningful. The writings been on the wall for years and this period has pretty much galvanised it. Yes age has something to with it but there are plenty of DJ's out there older than him that are pleasing large crowds, and haven't lost that Buzz. It's called being professional. Is sasha being professional, expecting the same salary per hour for worse material and lazy arse DJ'ing, or is he within his right to do whatever he wants? He is after all a performer. Ask yourself that. Back in Sasha's heyday he was one of the best remixers/producers and probably the best DJ. Now he is neither. Riding on his own coattails of past success. Perhaps technology has something to with it. When everything went digital and he went onto Maven and Ableton he even said himself he was jumping up and down like a skool kid. What's out there to stimulate people like him now? Same tracks, made in the same way, in the same clubs to the same nob-end crowds of people who piss themselves as soon as they hear an electronic beat. Where is the change in technology that makes you sit up and think 'wow this is the future'?
        I don't blame the guy for preferring the hills in Ibiza now to the clubs in Ibiza. I would, and besides he's had a good run. Clubbing is pretty much finished for now anyway with this virus. You cant be part of an atmosphere in a club that can now only take 50 people with social fucking distancing. So Sasha probably has resigned himself into forced retirement, in some sort of way. If he cant be bothered now, there's an even slimmer chance of him rekindling that passion when clubs re-open again, if any of them actually do. There's no financial margins in a club that can only take a 1/3 of the footfall. You either have to make bigger clubs to take more people at reduced numbers or charge more for admittance. Either way clubs are finished, for now anyway, and so is Sasha

Comment

• sbando
          Going back to Romford
          • Apr 2008

He stopped caring about dance music a while ago, imho.
          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
          ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• DjLellone
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Aug 2009

The real music is dead in the early 90s (94)...after that only boring noise. DJs like Digweed and Sasha are overrated...never heard a decent set from these two.
            My 2 cents.
            DjLellone's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• D.Williams
              Platinum Poster
              • Aug 2006

^^^ never really?

Also, nothing good sense early 90s, yet your still here. Why bother?

Comment

Working...