Payment options
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88

Thread: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you over

  1. #46
    Transitionator simonr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    8,766
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Tickes sales - that ridiculous fee for effectively generating a bar code and a number, with the data you inputting feeding into a set template with export for Pdf functionality.
    SimonR

    This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

  2. #47
    Are you Kidding me?? thebanned1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    glasgow,scotland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,779

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    What strikes me is people in the arts come across as privileged and not wanting to do the de-meaning jobs that their followers do. A pure sense of entitlement .. whether that be from having grown up in a well to do family and never having to work hard, or moving away from being working class and now looking down on their roots as unseemly.
    Sorry Simon but that is utter bullshit!

    Are you saying that people in the arts do not work and train up to a point where they can make money from it ? Are you saying that if I wanted to play stairway to heaven all I needed was a guitar and straight away I could play it ?

    Jobs (yes jobs) in the arts take a lot of time and patience to get to a level where it is actually a viable source of income, just like any other job and although some DJs/producers are making a healthy wedge from it doesn't mean they should be excluded in all this shit. Most people in the arts don't make a great deal of money but people always highlight the 5 grand a set people to make an example of them, most of the shouting about this from what I've seen are not the 5 grand a set people, truth is many people are making less than a grand a set, have mortgages, children to feed and a family to take care of yet they've obviously been given a wide berth by the chancellor because "some" people do make a healthy wedge from it.

  3. #48
    Aussie Pest DIDI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    16,131

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Have to say the people I have known in the industry over the years would work any crap job so they could do the work they love. And I worked for years in the entertainment industry in photography.

    Aside from anything else. On purely practical grounds the entertainment industry generates billions in the economy. As Dom says they are jobs !

    There be some whiny little bitches in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVrk View Post
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

  4. #49
    Are you Kidding me?? thebanned1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    glasgow,scotland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,779

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by DIDI View Post
    Have to say the people I have known in the industry over the years would work any crap job so they could do the work they love. And I worked for years in the entertainment industry in photography.

    Aside from anything else. On purely practical grounds the entertainment industry generates billions in the economy. As Dom says they are jobs !

    There be some whiny little bitches in this thread
    of course they're jobs

    I might be misunderstood here when I say that the people who are arguing against that have never made a tune or have experience of being a DJ, that shit takes work and just because a very select few people stand out from the crowd and actually "make it" doesn't mean those that are not quite making the same money as those people should be overlooked in all of this.

    Also... the two who are arguing against are probably the most two privileged people on the board itself.

  5. #50
    Are you Kidding me?? ♫♫♫♫♫♫'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    GoingAboutMyDay
    Posts
    3,228

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by thebanned1 View Post
    Sorry Simon but that is utter bullshit!

    Are you saying that people in the arts do not work and train up to a point where they can make money from it ? Are you saying that if I wanted to play stairway to heaven all I needed was a guitar and straight away I could play it ?

    Jobs (yes jobs) in the arts take a lot of time and patience to get to a level where it is actually a viable source of income, just like any other job and although some DJs/producers are making a healthy wedge from it doesn't mean they should be excluded in all this shit. Most people in the arts don't make a great deal of money but people always highlight the 5 grand a set people to make an example of them, most of the shouting about this from what I've seen are not the 5 grand a set people, truth is many people are making less than a grand a set, have mortgages, children to feed and a family to take care of yet they've obviously been given a wide berth by the chancellor because "some" people do make a healthy wedge from it.
    The shouting is coming from people like Fatboy Slim, Goldie, Sasha, Dave Seaman, Hannah Wants, Sven Vath, do I need to go on? We have airline pilots taking up delivery jobs, but DJ's are too good for that.

    Many jobs take years to train for, students have loans to pay for in most industries. Musicians tend to say they do it for the love, but now moan because they can't make enough money out of it. They do not give a fuck about the Bar Staff, Sweepers, Door Men or anyone else in clubland, but they go further than that, they claim that it is a way of life that is being distroyed. Nope, clubs will open again. Do you really think that the guy searching people on the door at Fabric gets excited because Joris is playing tonight? No, he does not. The reality is that he is probably doing the door as a second job, because he needs additional income.

  6. #51
    Are you Kidding me?? thebanned1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    glasgow,scotland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,779

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫ View Post
    The shouting is coming from people like Fatboy Slim, Goldie, Sasha, Dave Seaman, Hannah Wants, Sven Vath, do I need to go on? We have airline pilots taking up delivery jobs, but DJ's are too good for that.
    And you don't think that they're trying to help the other people in the scene, so far all I've seen from Sasha was him posting a petition link.

    Many jobs take years to train for, students have loans to pay for in most industries. Musicians tend to say they do it for the love, but now moan because they can't make enough money out of it. They do not give a fuck about the Bar Staff, Sweepers, Door Men or anyone else in clubland, but they go further than that, they claim that it is a way of life that is being distroyed. Nope, clubs will open again. Do you really think that the guy searching people on the door at Fabric gets excited because Joris is playing tonight? No, he does not. The reality is that he is doing the door as a second job, because he needs additional income.
    As already stated some people also have jobs to fill the money gap because they're working in the arts and don't talk to me about student loans, I studied Audio technology for 4 years, if I was working in the business do you not think I should be entitled to something to help me, in fact don't answer that we already know the answer. The airline pilot also got furloughed.

    Most people do it for the love yes but that doesn't mean to say that now that they've reached a level where they're making money from it that the government should overlook them, they pay their taxes just like anyone else, what you've done here is point out the ones that are privileged (Hanna wants and her 5 grand a set) and labelled all the rest in the same light, I suspect the government did the same. The doorman had to train up to gain a certificate that shows he's capable to be a doorman, your argument is irrelevant here. Just because a DJ or someone works in the arts loves their job should they be excluded when everyone else got 80% of their wages paid up till the 31st OCT.

    Clubs won't open for another year at least I'd say which means that everyone in it, all those jobs, are fucked.

  7. #52
    Are you Kidding me?? ♫♫♫♫♫♫'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    GoingAboutMyDay
    Posts
    3,228

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    As already stated some people also have jobs to fill the money gap because they're working in the arts and don't talk to me about student loAs already stated some people also have jobs to fill the money gap because they're working in the arts and don't talk to me about student loans, I studied Audio technology for 4 years, if I was working in the business do you not think I should be entitled to something to help me, in fact don't answer that we already know the answer. The airline pilot also got furloughed.

    Most people do it for the love yes but that doesn't mean to say that now that they've reached a level where they're making money from it that the government should overlook them, they pay their taxes just like anyone else, what you've done here is point out the ones that are privileged (Hanna wants and her 5 grand a set) and labelled all the rest in the same light, I suspect the government did the same. The doorman had to train up to gain a certificate that shows he's capable to be a doorman, your argument is irrelevant here. Just because a DJ or someone works in the arts loves their job should they be excluded when everyone else got 80% of their wages paid up till the 31st OCT.
    No, I do not think that you should be entitled to something no one else is. Just because you studied in something you don't have the right to get paid for it indefinitely.

    Just because you have reached a level where you have just started to make money out of something also doesn't give you the right to be propped up by the taxpayer. There are hundreds of kids that have a promising career in football, only to get injured and have to retrain. Gordon Ramsay is a good example of that. Maybe you think that we should have paid Gordon a football player salary instead of having Gordon go out and start another career. Whether they love it or not is irrelevant.

  8. #53
    Are you Kidding me?? thebanned1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    glasgow,scotland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,779

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫ View Post
    No, I do not think that you should be entittled to something no one else is. Just because you studied in something you don't have the right to get paid for it indefinitely.

    Just because you have reached a level where you have just started to make money out of something also doesn't give you the right to be proped up by the tax payer. There are hundreds of kids that have a promising career in football, only to get injured and have to retrain. Gordon Ramsay is a good example of that. Maybe you think that we should have paid Gordon a football player salary instead of having Gordon go out and start another career.
    No one is asking to get paid indefinitely, see this is where you're wrong, the people shouting about it are only asking to get what the rest of the people got and that is furloughed or maybe something from this new thing that is coming NOV 1st, you know to pay the mortgage etc...so are you saying that those that were furloughed should just fuck off and go retrain to a new job ? Newsflash Chris no-one can work just now because there is a deadly virus floating around, did you forget that ?

  9. #54
    Are you Kidding me?? ♫♫♫♫♫♫'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    GoingAboutMyDay
    Posts
    3,228

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by thebanned1 View Post
    No one is asking to get paid indefinitely, see this is where you're wrong, the people shouting about it are only asking to get what the rest of the people got and that is furloughed or maybe something from this new thing that is coming NOV 1st, you know to pay the mortgage etc...so are you saying that those that were furloughed should just fuck off and go retrain to a new job ? Newsflash Chris no-one can work just now because there is a deadly virus floating around, did you forget that ?
    The furlough is over, people have had enough time to to sort their shit out. Who is asking to get get paid past 1st Nov? News Flash, there are people having to work and go looking for work during the deadly virus. So yes I am saying that people that have been paid should go out and retrain if the the other option is paying them to sit at home.

  10. #55
    Are you Kidding me?? ♫♫♫♫♫♫'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    GoingAboutMyDay
    Posts
    3,228

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    This is the bullshit we have to deal with.



    All ofthe people featured, are fully capable of going out and carrying other employment. Are they really too good for it?

    #IWasA... #You'reNotAnymore

  11. #56
    Are you Kidding me?? thebanned1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    glasgow,scotland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,779

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫ View Post
    The furlough is over, people have had enough time to to sort their shit out. Who is asking to get get paid past 1st Nov? News Flash, there are people having to work and go looking for work during the deadly virus. So yes I am saying that people that have been paid should go out and retrain if the the other option is paying them to sit at home.
    There is support for people starting NOV 1st, you know the people who's industry has been told to shut due to unsafe working conditions.

    The furlough may be over but who got nothing ? I don't even see you having a valid argument here. Honestly. These people were left to fend for themselves since where ? March ?

  12. #57
    Are you Kidding me?? thebanned1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    glasgow,scotland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,779

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫ View Post
    This is the bullshit we have to deal with.



    All ofthe people featured, are fully capable of going out and carrying other employment. Are they really too good for it?

    #IWasA... #You'reNotAnymore
    How many people work in the art and entertainment industry Chris ? That is a big hit for the employment statistics for a government to take and how do you retrain when you've been forced to pay for your responsibilities since march on your own ? especially due to the fact that you're paying to retrain on your own. Point is they've got no fucking money to retrain in the first place.

    #iwasasupersardjnowI'mina4yearcollegecourse yea right

  13. #58
    Are you Kidding me?? ♫♫♫♫♫♫'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    GoingAboutMyDay
    Posts
    3,228

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by thebanned1 View Post
    There is support for people starting NOV 1st, you know the people who's industry has been told to shut due to unsafe working conditions.

    The furlough may be over but who got nothing ? I don't even see you having a valid argument here. Honestly. These people were left to fend for themselves since where ? March ?
    Really? So the nightclub workers haven't been furloughed since March.

  14. #59
    Are you Kidding me?? thebanned1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    glasgow,scotland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,779

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫ View Post
    Really? So the nightclub workers haven't been furloughed since March.
    who's talking about nightclub workers ? you keep bringing up DJs and people like that, of course people who work in a nightclub environment were furloughed, my sister being one of them. It's unsafe for them to work.

  15. #60
    Are you Kidding me?? ♫♫♫♫♫♫'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    GoingAboutMyDay
    Posts
    3,228

    Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

    Quote Originally Posted by thebanned1 View Post
    How many people work in the art and entertainment industry Chris ? That is a big hit for the employment statistics for a government to take and how do you retrain when you've been forced to pay for your responsibilities since march on your own ? especially due to the fact that you're paying to retrain on your own. Point is they've got no fucking money to retrain in the first place.

    #iwasasupersardjnowI'mina4yearcollegecourse yea right
    If they have no money to retrain, they take the first job that they are caperble of doing and start climbing, like everyone else does. They do not have the right to work in the entertainment industry if there is no money to be made.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tide Edit 004 on MCast 1 04 2010 - pt2 Sobo
    By MCast bot in forum MCast - Automated variant music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 11, 2010, 11:11:17 PM
  2. Top 50 Football Managers of all time (soccer)
    By Huggie Smiles in forum Sports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 23, 2007, 04:37:28 AM
  3. Download managers
    By Huggie Smiles in forum Computers / Electronics / Games
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 2, 2007, 05:27:54 PM
  4. High Tide Boat Parties
    By jarble187 in forum General Yakkity Yak
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 22, 2007, 04:57:55 PM
  5. is it allowed to use download managers ?
    By DragonFire in forum General Yakkity Yak
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 3, 2005, 08:40:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •