John Digweed - Bunker Session #27 (07-11-20)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NastyD
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: John Digweed - Bunker Session #27 (07-11-20)

Originally posted by matttymm
    That is strange. The stream itself on mixcloud is 2h49 so don’t know where the extra 10 mins comes from unless it’s an error.

Have you downloaded the file itself ? Might be an error.
    It's the same as far as I can tell, only the intro track lasts about 11 minutes longer.
    An ounce of image is worth a pound of performance.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Nov 2013

That is strange. The stream itself on mixcloud is 2h49 so don’t know where the extra 10 mins comes from unless it’s an error.
      This is quite a common error, particularly if the file is being switched from Mac to PC. They sometimes read the file size and the durations differently.

Comment

• matttymm
        Fresh Peossy
        • Jun 2005

I’ll be sticking with the Dhar tweaked mood file.

Those guys have been total legends even if the batton has been handed on today

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

So I guess we will be running into this problem every week now.
          Crazy we went 26 bunkers without any hassle.
          We need to ban this chap.

noticed the links for bunker 26 was pulled too. WTF

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
            Addiction started
            • May 2008

I’ll be sticking with the Dhar tweaked mood file.

Those guys have been total legends even if the batton has been handed on today
            These are the Dhar tweaked files. I grabbed the FLAC before the hammer fell. The MP3 is a new conversion from Dhar's FLAC for those that wanted an MP3. No baton passing yet.

Comment

• s73vend0yle
              Getting Somewhere
              • Oct 2010

Thank you all for your amazing efforts today, it's really appreciated here.

Any link to the torrent sites for future reference would be incredible if at all possible?
              Many many thanks.

Comment

• matttymm
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jun 2005

ENNISELLIS - sure clocked that and thanks again. I was meaning I would keep this file vs the tribalmixes file. I updated all my bunker sessions once I found these threads as Dhar and Moods is superior in quality.

Mini passing of the batton shall we say then - I wouldn’t be listening to it now unless you’ld have stepped in fella.

Still need the guys though and hope they can still help next week.

Comment

• s73vend0yle
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Oct 2010

I will be on it like a hawk waiting for bunker 28 next week.

Looks like they are on to the links now. I hope you guys can still produce the goods in future.
                  Such an amazing series of mixes.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                    Addiction started
                    • May 2008

ENNISELLIS - sure clocked that and thanks again. I was meaning I would keep this file vs the tribalmixes file. I updated all my bunker sessions once I found these threads as Dhar and Moods is superior in quality.

Mini passing of the batton shall we say then - I wouldn’t be listening to it now unless you’ld have stepped in fella.

Still need the guys though and hope they can still help next week.
                    No worries. There are usually multiple copies doing the rounds. I know DJLellone sometimes provides a low quality rip for those that can't (or won't) wait for Mood and Dhar to provide the HQ version. But theirs is the gold standard. Hopefully it's not the end of the road if the Net Police are taking these links down now.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                      Addiction started
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by s73vend0yle
                      Any link to the torrent sites for future reference would be incredible if at all possible?
                      Not sure that's wise if there are spies in here. I don't want torrent sites getting taken down as well. Not the ones that share radio shows, live shows, and mix sets anyway.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                        Addiction started
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by pictus
                        Exactly this, I pay for Select but the sound quality compared to the original live broadcast is awful. I want to be able to just move the file to my phone and play it without an app. If they want to charge for it, they shouldn't be providing a low quality version.
                        Yep. That's why I pay for the DIFM streams - you get better sound quality, can stream online or on the move, etc. so it's worth the money. If Mixcloud Select was similar, that would be fine. But it's rubbish sound quality and restricts how you play it back. Not paying for that.

Comment

• Denied51
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Dec 2016

thank you ENNISELLIS for keeping this up

Comment

• matttymm
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ENNISELLIS
                            Yep. That's why I pay for the DIFM streams - you get better sound quality, can stream online or on the move, etc. so it's worth the money. If Mixcloud Select was similar, that would be fine. But it's rubbish sound quality and restricts how you play it back. Not paying for that.
                            That’s so the truth. I used to spend up to £50 every month on Mix CDs. I would happily pay CD price for the mix each week if I could take the file with me in high quality.

I imagine it’s a licensing thing why they don’t, but I’m not paying £3 for a copy I need an app to play in lower sound quality.

I would like to help the artists but there isn’t the right platform.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                              meat and potatoes
                              • Jun 2004

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the radio silence. Its been a busy day!

So, as many of you have noticed the links for Bunker #027 are inactive due to DCMA contestation.

This morning in my inbox i received this:-
                              Subject: DMCA Notice - Unlicensed Content Owned By Our Client Bedrock Records - Please Remove ASAP

To Whom it May Concern:

SUMMARY NOTIFICATION

1. Rights Owner: BEDROCK RECORDS;
                              2. Rights Agent: DIGITAL COPYRIGHT CONSULTANCY;
                              3. Infringed Rights: COPYRIGHT;
                              4. Infringing Activity: LIVE MUSIC/DJ PERFORMANCE BY JOHN DIGWEED AVAILABLE FOR UNLICENSED DOWNLOAD - BEDROCK RECORDS IS THE COPYRIGHT OWNER AND THUS HAS THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO REPRODUCE & DISTRIBUTE THAT MATERIAL;
                              5. Signature: JAMES BRANDES, ON BEHALF OF THE DIGITAL COPYRIGHT CONSULTANCY;
                              6. Date & Time: SATURDAY 30h MAY 2020, 14:52 (GMT).

Which is from this UK agency here:-
                              https://digcopyright.co.uk/about-us/

And states to have numerous music industry clients

Since inception, the Digital Copyright Consultancy has provided internet anti-piracy services for over a dozen worldwide Number 1 chart topping albums and over 30 Top 40 chart albums. We have protected albums and singles for Kylie Minogue, Blink 182, Avril Lavigne, Dido, The Prodigy, Janet Jackson, Lil Dicky, Chris Brown, Alt-J, Rick Astley, Nickelback, The Temper Trap, Pharrell Williams, Fergie, Gary Numan, Editors, James, Nas, Run the Jewels, You Me At Six, Texas, Blondie, Gabrielle, Morrissey, The Pixies, Newton Faulkner, Jack Savoretti, Shed Seven, The Charlatans, DJ Shadow, Bloc Party, Enter Shikari, Leftfield, John Digweed, DJ Koze, Booka Shade, & Trentemøller.

After discussing with Mood, we have ascertained that this was a targeted clean up on #027 as you have seen across all sites online.
                              This unfortunately doesn't bode well, as if it had been all the posted bunker sets, it would have been a webcrawler and a more general DCMA clean up. Since it has been targeted it means that someone has physically and purposefully shut down the release of #027.

We can discuss at lenght how you can copywrite something that is broadcast compared to an album you buy, but seeing as the Bunker Sessions are behind the payment service on Mixcloud and to avoid any legal rammifications we will have to abstain from further postings and all previous links have been disabled.

Whilst we are not happy about this, as for us the MS community is about sharing high quality sets (that mixcloud select in this case doesnt supply) for people who love the music. However, neither Mood or I want to go against John out of respect or face any kind of legal action.

Comment

• matttymm
                                Fresh Peossy
                                • Jun 2005

Dhar and Mood. Thank you so much for the post and everything that you’ve done to date.

I for one as I’m sure all the others do respect and understand your position.

This site serves a market no one else does and it just happens to be free.

Thanks again you two.

Comment

Working...