I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Birds aren't real

It was fun while it lasted...
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Birds aren't real

I sure miss the era where each town had their crazy people, everyone knew they were crazy and just let them spout their nonsense into the town center's microphone and that was that. Now with population out of control combined with social media, those morons are everywhere and gullible selfish-"religious"-people are now joining forces. Luckily, we are just one bad pandemic away from wiping them out of existence apparently but in the mean time, Nazi-ism seems to be making a come back here in the States.
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• REDROCK
      Gold Gabber
      • Feb 2015

A rich spiritual life is only 1 of many parts of what it means to be human imo, and if you can share that communally then great! I think religion can keep some people in check if they attend a good church. Far from the popular opinion among our generation. But I'm all for community and accountability and if people find that at a church, good for them. Those that take it too far and are religious zealots or holier than thou usually are either new to the faith community or confused, and there are plenty of them. But again, I think some people require a religion to keep their instincts in check.

These days everyone is anti church, and I get why, but it's unfortunate, because a good one can be wonderful.
      Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• ddr
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by REDROCK
        A rich spiritual life is only 1 of many parts of what it means to be human imo, and if you can share that communally then great! I think religion can keep some people in check if they attend a good church. Far from the popular opinion among our generation. But I'm all for community and accountability and if people find that at a church, good for them. Those that take it too far and are religious zealots or holier than thou usually are either new to the faith community or confused, and there are plenty of them. But again, I think some people require a religion to keep their instincts in check.

These days everyone is anti church, and I get why, but it's unfortunate, because a good one can be wonderful.
        I agree that a good church can provide a lot, especially in the moral area where a person might not otherwise get any positive reinforcements in their life. I feel like the church, at least in the USA, has been uttlerly perverted and weaponized by the Right. It is no longer about empathy or the teachings of the human we call Jesus. This is why there is a very anti-church sentiment and the staunch covering up/allowed to continue sexual abuse of boys certainly doesn't help either.
        "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Did you guys see this idiot throw up on live TV? His platform is as weak as his stomach.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

And I dont believe in God, I don't even believe that if there is really a God, that us humans would be in any cognitive capacity to recognize him / her if they stood in front of us.
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            Originally posted by ace_dl
            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

A persons spiritual life is totally personal and in many cases developed over time, like any practice. For me it meant asking tough questions, over time, finding some of the answers that resonated with me, apart from my friends and family. For others they prefer not to even bother. Some feel called to connect with a higher power - others feel that’s ridiculous. If youre common unity with other non believers has been good and true for you, then that’s obviously the right journey for you. I see a divinity component in every human I meet and I enjoy experiencing that common unity with others.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...