Delta Heavy Miami Essential Mix Sasha & John Digweed - Uploaded by Diggers 23.3.2022

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gizze
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2010

Delta Heavy Miami Essential Mix Sasha & John Digweed - Uploaded by Diggers 23.3.2022

What is this then? Are they going to release some unheard classics do you think?

https://www.mixcloud.com/johndigweed...essential-mix-sasha-john-digweed/?fbclid=IwAR11j5eHxMqdHaVoXvFLv-_L0igho2Bej4repHQ5Q-bij3N1GT2COG6bxhI
    My Soundcloud page...
    GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
  • Weizy
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

Re: Delta Heavy Miami Essential Mix Sasha & John Digweed - Uploaded by Diggers 23.3.2

nothing new to see here unfortunately as this was broadcast on Radio 1 back 2002. However, let's hold out hope we'll get more than those 2 hours that were aired at some point.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Nov 2013

Re: Delta Heavy Miami Essential Mix Sasha & John Digweed - Uploaded by Diggers 23.3.2

This never did much for me at the time TBH. There were many better EM’s from that year, James Holden’s, Roger Sanchez’s, Gordon Kaye’s, Francisco Fartha, Timo Mass…… I do think that it would be better if you could hear the whole thing, for me a snippet of the night lacks something.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Nov 2013

It does make me laugh that they delayed the broadcast of this because the night that it was due to be broadcast Princess Margaret died, so as a mark of respect they postponed it and played 2 hours of someone playing dance music, as if anyone listening to the Essential Mix, off their box at 2 am would give a shit.

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

the pre delta heavy set from orlando 4 disks was the classic one i think. all vinyl back then too

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            This never did much for me at the time TBH. There were many better EM’s from that year, James Holden’s, Roger Sanchez’s, Gordon Kaye’s, Francisco Fartha, Timo Mass…… I do think that it would be better if you could hear the whole thing, for me a snippet of the night lacks something.
            Agree with you there. Every time I see it posted again I just say to myself... oh f here we go again, replaying the broadcasted boring 2 hours when anything from his DAT archives would be more welcoming.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
              Addiction started
              • May 2008

Agree 100% I always felt that it won EM of the Year because it was Sasha & Digweed, not because it was actually any good. And if they were cutting it down, why use 2 hours that have repeated tracks in them? Do we really need to hear them both play the Timo Maas Remix of We Are All Made of Stars? It's not that great!

James Holden, Jori Hulkkonen, Danny Howells, Circulation, FC Kahuna, Layo & Bushwacka Live at Glastonbury, Mr C, Timo Maas, Adam Beyer... there were some fantastic EMs in 2002. This was nowhere near as good.

Comment

• Weizy
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Jun 2004

Could not agree more with the comments on this thread. Truly an overrated mix, but at least it captures that Delta Heavy 2002 sound.

That tour included a stop here in Minneapolis and I will submit they played most of the same records and it was quite the memorable experience. Sadly clubs close pretty early here so that set was only a few hours long, but it'll always stand out to me.

And chuckc is definitely spot on with that Hard Rock Orlando mix from 2001.

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ENNISELLIS
                  Agree 100% I always felt that it won EM of the Year because it was Sasha & Digweed, not because it was actually any good. And if they were cutting it down, why use 2 hours that have repeated tracks in them? Do we really need to hear them both play the Timo Maas Remix of We Are All Made of Stars? It's not that great!
                  Not just them but also sentimental because of the Delta Heavy 2002 Tour in and of itself... 2 DJ's bussing across the US like 70s rock stars, it was a great tour, created a ton of memories. But yes, this mix in particular is loaded with anthems that were overplayed 100x that year.
                  "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Weizy
                    MCast Resident DJ
                    • Jun 2004

I can't find a link for it, but at the time Beatport had a writer embedded on the bus tour and there were some fairly hilarious anecdotes about how hard Sasha got after it party wise and was hardly ever on the bus.

Comment

• Progressivey
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Nov 2021

Hahahah, Weizy. Sorry, just found out the topic.

Comment

Working...