Clear All
  • remoh
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Winter music conference dates announced

this is from an email i got

The Miami Music Conference dates have been announced

Press Release - October 12, 2005 - For Immediate Release

March 18th - March 26th (Saturday ? Sunday) are the dates for the Miami Music Conference, the longest, largest, highest-profile celebration of music in the city's history:
    With an extended 9 day schedule of music, celebrity DJs, industry events, and world-class musicians, the Miami Music Conference is the flagship music event of the year.
    Why the longer schedule?

In the past, cramming the celebration into just one long weekend has caused several challenges:
    1) Not all attendees can fly to Miami on the same weekend.
    2) There are too many events to attend and not enough time to attend them;
    3) Too many visitors flying into and out of Miami resulting in higher flight rates;
    4) Insufficient amount of hotel rooms resulting in over priced accommodations and services;
    5) Long lines and over priced door covers resulting from way too much consumer demand:
    6) Overcrowded and uncomfortable clubs putting everyone (especially club doormen) in a bad mood;
    7) No time to stop and enjoy Miami and the Beaches.

With a generous schedule of 9 days (5 weekdays and 2 weekends), the Miami Music Conference offers two different weekends for attendees to choose from. Miami locals now get a chance to see the action and Spring Breakers can finally take in the experience. DJs can play longer sets, attendees can catch more industry events, and, most importantly, more people can see more DJs. ?Clubs have already started booking DJs to play two shows instead of just one. This will be a tremendous help in relieving the over crowding at the clubs?, explained Louis Puig owner of Space, Spirits and Spin.
    Finally, in response to the urging of club-goers, DJs, and the entire music industry, everyone will get the lengthened music celebration and relaxation we need and deserve. The South Beach Nightclub and Hotel Association stated; ?Miami nightclubs and hotels will finally get the opportunity to properly host our guests and show the world what an incredible place this can be when you have the time to relax and enjoy. Flights and hotel rooms are already being booked so plan ahead and save.?
    The festivities will begin on Saturday March 18th with the two-day Global Gathering Music Festival. Global Gathering in England and Ireland are hugely successful celebrations that set attendance records in both countries. Angel Music Group, Track Entertainment and Space bring this phenomenal festival to South Florida as part of the Miami Music Conference. Global Gathering will take place on Saturday and Sunday and will feature a diverse lineup of the world?s top electronic, rock, urban and latin acts. These 2 massive events will attract over 40,000 people to Miami and the beaches.

MMC06
    Last edited by Jibgolly; October 14, 2005, 01:11:36 PM.
    [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
    |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

• remoh
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Winter music conference dates announced

from the m3 summit site

M3 returns to Miami Beach for the third year running: March 22-26, 2006. Stay tuned to this space for details and announcements coming soon.

Comment

• remoh
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

global gathering miami .. to kick it off

Release: October 07, 2005

It's never too early to start planning Spring Break.

Next March, you have something else to look forward to besides bikinis, sand, and Springer.

On March 18th and 19th, the world's premiere music festival is coming to Miami. The Global Gathering Festival, one of the hottest music celebrations of the planet, heads to the US, thanks to a partnership between Angel Music Group, Track Entertainment, and Space Miami. (Note: Track Entertainment is the parent company of Clubplanet.com.)

It's the world's third-ever Global Gathering, following on the heels of the two hugely successful European festivals in England and Ireland. These current shows have been produced by AMG over the past five years, setting attendance records in both countries along the way.

The success of 2005’s existing shows has prompted AMG to look for further territories in which to expand the phenomenal Global Gathering concept, which has sold out every previous show. AMG has also been successfully operating the well-known Ice Nightclub in Las Vegas under their other brand moniker; Godskitchen.

So why should you care?

Because this much is certain: expect world-class DJs, blue-chip bands, thousands of half-naked beautiful people, celebrities galore, and a vibe that will rival any concert on the planet.

Speaking on the partnership, an AMG spokesman mentioned the reasons for the expansion: “After the unbelievable response for our events in the UK and Ireland this year we believed that there were many further cities worldwide that were crying out for a quality music event for upwards of 30,000 people. Following a chance meeting with Andrew Fox and Lee Heiman of Track Entertainment (CEO and President respectively), we decided that Miami was a prime opportunity for the first event and pursued the possibility aggressively. It was Track’s existing large scale show expertise that prompted the agreement to be made.”

Track Entertainment has grown since inception in 1987 to a multi talented event producer and has controlled shows featuring some of the world’s most respected artists including Destiny’s Child, Velvet Revolver, Green Day, and Kanye West.

The partnership is completed by local Promoter and well-respected businessman Louis Puig who has been at the forefront of Miami nightlife promotion for over 30 Years including his ownership of the world-renowned Space Nightclub. His unrivalled knowledge and talent relationships have made him the obvious man to complete the team.

Speaking on signing the agreement Puig said:

"There are many reasons why MTV chose Miami to host the Video Music Awards for 2 years in a row. Miami, music and nightlife go hand in hand and especially in March during the Winter Music Conference. I am extremely pleased that AMG selected Miami to hold this world class event and I am looking forward to being a part of what will be the premiere music festival of the year."

Comment

• remoh
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

ok lets start planing!!

we were talking about a [ms] party at one of the hotels ... maybe the one where the spleen party was held. does anybody (ftc maybe) have any conections ?

Comment

• sakio pod
          SALAD TOSSER
          • Jun 2004

i'm there man

Comment

• Kinetic
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

I should SERIOUSLY start thinking about saving some money for this...I don?t wanna die without going to WMC at least once in my life...

My sister?s been there 3 years ago and to this day she still sighs everytime she talks about Miami...
            "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
            http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

So the M3 is at a different time than the Conference? That's interesting.
              A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

already booked a hotel. lol.

Comment

• devon
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

jesus 9 days now. i'm getting too old for this shit.

see you there!
                  i really wish the floor would stop moving!

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    Double hoodie beer monster
                    • Jun 2004

I'm there. All my friends are cheapies so who's sharing a room with me? No spooning allowed. I learned my lesson with Joe.

I just booked that week out of office

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

Ok, now I'm curious. The email is listed as the 'Miami Music Conference' but uses virtually the same logo. Why the name change?

Comment

• remoh
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

last year they were calling it the miami music conference as well. the logo in the email was on the space pass last year... the m3 summit is just 5 days of parties .. this year is longer because they threw the global gathering in the mix.

Comment

• geoffgulley
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Apr 2005

9 days...... ugh. I better apply for the liver transplant now.
                          "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• Jibgolly
                            Vortexuralizor
                            • Jun 2004

its soooooooooooooooo On !!!!!!!!

can we get a forum started like we had last year? skat? tom? pickles?

Comment

• skahound
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                              can we get a forum started like we had last year? skat?
                              I do not have that kind of authority. Hell, they barely trust me to wipe my own ass around here.

Comment

Working...