X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Anyone would like to share

kiss fm sets?? i just got a 100 gig hard drive and have all of 2006 sets so far. I have most of 2005 on my ipod. I am looking for all the sets from 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001. If any one would be kind enough to share them pm me and i can get them of ya on soul seek. Thank u

• unrecogniseduser
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Anyone would like to share

check out themixingbowl.org

i remember all the kiss sets from 2001 in a single torrent, and they most likely have the other years too
    motherlover

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
      • Oct 2005

How do u use the mixing bowl?? i mean i went on it early last year and i just did not understand all this talk bout torrent etc. Can anyone explain.

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

Wikki wikki wikki my man:

BitTorrent is the name of a peer-to-peer (P2P) file distribution client application and also of a file sharing protocol, both of which were created by programmer Bram Cohen. BitTorrent is designed to distribute large amounts of data widely without incurring the corresponding consumption in costly server and bandwidth resources. CacheLogic suggests that BitTorrent traffic accounts for ~35% of all traffic on the Internet,while other sources are skeptical.
        The original BitTorrent application was written in Python. Its source code, as of version 4.0, has been released under the BitTorrent Open Source License (a modified version of the Jabber Open Source License). There are numerous compatible clients, written in a variety of languages and running on a variety of computing platforms.

The BitTorrent protocol defines a method for advertising and sharing files over a network. BitTorrent is a variation of earlier Peer-to-Peer or P2P protocols which allowed groups of computers to share files with one another, instead of having to access a central repository. BitTorrent incorporates mechanisms to provide greater scalability and reliability than previous P2P protocols such as Gnutella, at the cost of requiring a central list of clients sharing files (although some versions of the protocol can operate without a central client list). BitTorrent typically works as part of the TCP/IP stack, meaning it can operate over normal Internet channels.
        BitTorrent clients are programs which implement the BitTorrent protocol. Each BitTorrent client is capable of preparing, requesting, and transmitting any type of computer file over a network using the BitTorrent protocol. This includes text, audio, video, encrypted content, and all other file types.
        [edit]

Creating and publishing torrents

To share a file or group of files through BitTorrent, clients first create a “torrent”. Each torrent contains meta information about the file to be shared, and about the host computer that provides the initial copy of the file. The exact information contained in the tracker file depends on the version of the BitTorrent protocol, however a torrent file always has the extension .torrent. Torrent files contain an “announce” section, which specifies the URL of the tracker, and an “info” section which contains a suggested name for the file, fragment size, a key length, file length, and a pass. A single torrent can contain information on one or more files. Clients who have finished downloading the file may also choose to act as seeders, providing a complete copy of the file. After the torrent file is created, a link to it is placed on a website, and it is registered with a tracker. BitTorrent trackers maintain lists of the clients currently downloading the file.[3] The computer with the initial copy of the file is referred to as the initial seeder.
        [edit]

Downloading torrents and sharing files

Using a web browser, users navigate to the site listing the torrent, download it, and open it in a BitTorrent client. After opening the torrent, the BitTorrent client connects to the tracker, which provides it with a list of clients currently downloading the file or files. A group of peers on a BitTorrent or P2P connected with each other to share a particular torrent is generally referred to as a swarm.
        Initially, there may be no other peers in the swarm, in which case the client connects directly to the initial seeder, and begins to request fragments. The BitTorrent protocol breaks down files into a number of small fragments, typically a quarter of a megabyte (256 KB) in size. Larger file sizes typically have larger fragments. For example, a 4.37 GB file will often have a fragment size of up to 4 MB (4096 KB). File fragments are checked as they are received using a hash algorithm to ensure that they are error free. [4]
        As peers enter the swarm, they begin sharing fragments with one another. Because clients share fragments with one another, instead of directly from the seeder, BitTorrent networks easily scale to large numbers of clients. The protocol incorporates mechanisms so that clients choose peers with the best network connections for the fragment they are requesting. One major innovation that adds to the scalability of BitTorrent is the concept of “rare fragments”. The BitTorrent protocol specifies that clients should always request fragments that are the rarest, meaning they are held by the least number of clients in the swarm. By requesting the rarest fragments, the BitTorrent protocol ensures that one machine will not be swamped with requests, eliminating potential network bottlenecks. [5]
        BitTorrent also uses a mechanism called “optimistic unchoking” and to create a group of “preferred peers”. Preferred peers are a subset of peers in a swarm who are known to offer the most bandwidth. Optimistic unchoking allows BitTorrent to determine which peers should be preferred by periodically testing peers. Peers outside the group are offered a file fragment. If the peer downloads the fragment faster than a peer in the preferred peered group, the new peer displaces the old. This ensures that clients are always downloading from a group of the fastest available peers.[6]

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by johns
          How do u use the mixing bowl?? i mean i went on it early last year and i just did not understand all this talk bout torrent etc. Can anyone explain.

You need to register at The Mixing Bowl first, then go to www.bittorrent.com and download the bittorrent client and install it. At TMB in the "torrents" section open a thread, and whoever is supplying the torrent will have posted a link, click it and then you will see the torrent appear at the top of the page, ie.
          DJshitface@discoclub.mp3.torrent
          Click it and you will be asked if you want to save or open the file, choose "open" and the bit torrent client will open and your file will start to download (seed permitting)
          Here is a screenshot where you see the torrent link at the top left of the browser window and the bit torrent client open.

Hope this helps, if you get stuck drop me a pm

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

that looks disturbingly like a bed on your desktop chem, who's on there behind tmb??
            motherlover

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

My bitch

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

motherlover

Comment

• geoffgulley
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by chemicalbeavis
                  My bitch

awhhh.
                  "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• thezzapper
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

Checkout the full domain details of Freshlymixed.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!

Here's a good site. They have Digweed's Kiss 100 show archived as far back as 2000.
                    sigpic

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thezzapper
                      http://www.freshlymixed.com/

Here's a good site. They have Digweed's Kiss 100 show archived as far back as 2000.

yeah and they are asking money for them

Comment

• the sun the sea
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

maybe try peer 2 peer with www.slsknet.org and do a search. there were always a few people willing to share their entire collection with me.
                        download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                          Anyone have Styx livesets?
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by johns
                          kiss fm sets?? i just got a 100 gig hard drive and have all of 2006 sets so far. I have most of 2005 on my ipod. I am looking for all the sets from 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001. If any one would be kind enough to share them pm me and i can get them of ya on soul seek. Thank u
                          keep going with figuring out thebitorrent info - it took me ages to figure it out - but when you do......
                          its, like, so totally worth it, dude (or something).

Before you know it you'll have hundreds of gigs going up and down (ahem) every week.

have fun
                          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                            • Oct 2005

Thanks for the info guy's but that bit torrent thing looks too complex for me . I will stick to soul seek i think. oh well i will just dwnload it little by little.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chemicalbeavis
                              You need to register at The Mixing Bowl first, then go to www.bittorrent.com and download the bittorrent client and install it. At TMB in the "torrents" section open a thread, and whoever is supplying the torrent will have posted a link, click it and then you will see the torrent appear at the top of the page, ie.
                              DJshitface@discoclub.mp3.torrent
                              Click it and you will be asked if you want to save or open the file, choose "open" and the bit torrent client will open and your file will start to download (seed permitting)
                              Here is a screenshot where you see the torrent link at the top left of the browser window and the bit torrent client open.

Hope this helps, if you get stuck drop me a pm
                              that really is all you have to do, easy as pie
                              motherlover

Comment

Working...