X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonin
    Juvenile Delinquent
    • Oct 2005

stanley kubrick

in this thread we discuss the bare genius that is stanley kubrick.

i beleive stanley kubrick is the most aesthestically intellectual and best director of our time. my favorite movie by him is 2001, just because i beleive the genius of that film will never be equaled. something about it. From the soundtrack in his film to the way he sets his shots up its all pure genius. read his biography and you'll see he started out as a photographer and how much of a perfectionist he is. i read an interview where he stated he is always thinking about how he shoots, every angle, every possibility is considered, its a real shame he is gone, as we are left with a void filled with soulless shit now, but the filmography he left behind is unequaled in terms of quality among ANY director that ever has lived or ever will live.

• man_who_wasnt_there
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2006

Re: stanley kubrick

Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures (2001)

The best there was or will be IMO.
    Steve James 1978–2008

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

he was brilliant - not convinced about the cruise/kidman film tho!

you all should try this : http://www.kubrick2001.com/

defo recomend viweing ina darkened room
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• karaquazian
        Addiction started
        • Feb 2006

waste of time imo ^^^

but kubrick was a brilliant director. love all his films but especially Full Metal Jacket...still so relevant

Comment

• M?M
          Getting Somewhere
          • Mar 2006

what do you make of 2001 ?

Comment

• alejandrodg
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jul 2004

Eyes Wide Shut has a final masterpiece. and A Clockwork Orange another great movie from him. His style was unique.

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

never caught 2001. i really need to make a point to rent the dvd.

first film i saw from him was Full Metal Jacket. christ i was 12 or something. young i remember. mom didn't care what i watched when she wasn't home.
              after that The Shining became my favorite film of his. the special effects are at a minimum and the characters are pretty believable with nicholson in lead of course. very creepy film i will watch time and again. next favorite has to be A Clockwork Orange. that movie is simply twisted but underneath all the freak and wack, there is a strong message that what comes around goes around. Eyes Wide Shut is decent. i can't really get any meaning out of the movie. cheating is bad etc etc. other than it being very eye candy oriented and nice to look at i don't feel it posseses much plot.

started watching dr strangelove recently for the first time, but due to heavy intoxiacation i couldn't continue.

kubrick was all class. his movies will be studied for decades to come.

Comment

• juanpacha
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jul 2006

one of the greatest directors and producers of the time a dude to be rememberd

Comment

• peloquin
                  Till I Come!
                  • Jun 2004

best director of all time for me... love his movies, own everything post-spartacus on dvd. brilliant films. got a clockwork orange poster on the wall in the living room too.

Comment

Working...