X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyH
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2005

Laptop Purchase Advise

Am looking to spend about ?600 - ?800 on a laptop, mainly for General use and downloading and playing tunes through MP3 mixer. No graphics or anything like that..

Recommendations please chaps..
    [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'
  • unrecogniseduser
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Laptop Purchase Advise

i just bought a Dell E1705 from the us. 17" screen, great for watching movies. Supposed to be more of a desktop replacement than a laptop to carry round everyday. I got it for 1500 dollars and got it sent to the UK by some relatives over there to avoid the import duty. Saved a lot cos the dollar is such a weak shit currency right now
    motherlover

Comment

• unkownartist
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

i just bought one @ christmas, quite quite even though its pentiums first generation of dual core chips ( 1.66 centrino ) with 512 MB ddr2 ram for 500 quid its not a bad little computer but the keyboard is a complete nightmare, i think thats something i,ll e looking for when i buy my next one, i would sudjest going to ebuyer and checking out them there if u cant actually get toa shop and try them out which i will be doing with my next purchase, its hard to sudjest u one becuase a: there are so many out there and b: ur price range aint exactly exact lol, check out here and check out dells website

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

if ur smart though i would get a core 2 duo chip

Comment

• AndyH
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2005

Have checked out the Core 2 duo chip, but what is the benefits of having specifically that? U will have to forgive me but I know literally nothing about computers..

Comment

• unkownartist
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

there quick, basically, plus they will pass the test of time longer due to them being a newer technology

Comment

• rbuffetta
              Addiction started
              • Feb 2006

cnet does some good reviews.

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

Comment

• AndyH
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2005

Thanks guys, much appreciated..

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

There are half decent deals at Circuit City and Best Buy. Have someone in the states order and ship you one you should be ok.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• beanzncheez
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2004

^^ Yeah. If you've got a good contact, ask him/her to help you out and get you a good deal here in the states. Much cheaper.

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

seriously considering the purchase of this puppy

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• unkownartist
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Kamal
                        seriously considering the purchase of this puppy

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Toshi...oductDetail.do
                        better pray it has a better keyboard than my toshiba, its terrible and thats a satelite pro

plus u will need to order a software disc that cost extra if u wanna format and have the same software again

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

dang thanks for the heads up... will make sure they have that shit in the store.
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• davetlv
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Kamal

I'm on my third Toshiba Laptop - M70 Staellite Pro - having moved over to PC's from being a Mac User for years 4 years ago - I love the machines!

A word of warning though if I might, on my previous two Toshiba's I had problems with the DVD drives, so make sure you have that warranty kept safe!!!!!

That said I've had the M70 since August and have had no problems with it at all!

Enjoy your purchase!!!!

Comment

• unkownartist
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

hey dont get me wrong this is a fantastic little computer, i just would of expected a little more "service" from a company like toshiba, i have just contacted them about getting a disc with the os and other stuff so i,ll get back to u on how much its gonna cost, i formatted this a couple of weeks ago then sudenly realised that i had no recovery disc, nightmare, went from xp pro to home also downloading the drivers and other stuff from the website doesnt give u half the toshiba stuff u got origonally

Comment

Working...