Mercuryserver 5th birthday (2007)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Re: [ms] 5th birthday - The mixes

Originally posted by billyz
    Happy Birthday and Thank You guys for bring us this forum in which to vent our feeling and join into friendships, whether locally or globally through music. I regret not being a part of this sooner, but hope to be a part of this for many more years! Kudos!
    Thanks a lot for the kind words.

Comment

• MJ
      Here since 2002
      • Jun 2004

I was on soulseek one night leeching some prog from a friendly dude called Sheppie, we were chatting about various things when he said "Do you know about MS?" "MS" I replied "Yeah MercuryServer" he said. Thats was almost 4 years ago and I'm still here now.

Over the next few years my love for MS grew and grew.

I have seen members come and go but there has always been a group of people that were so devoted to the site that they have put it where it is now. Having met almost every Moderator and quite a few members it's true to say that they are as genuine and kind in real life as they are on this board and it was a pleasure to meet you.

I have many memories that stick out for me over these years, none more so than famous MS ver1.0 crash. Life at that time seemed to stop for us all and my sausage fingers were stuck for something to do for more time than I could care to imagine. Who could ever forget the comical [YOU] I remember the first time I saw it in Kamal's signature "MJ, if you need to see the FAQ's click this link" Me, a seasoned MS pro needing to read the FAQ's? I was straight into the PM'ing to ask what was going on.... Yes I was one of the many that was taken in. <-- if you don't know what I'm talking about I'm sure [YOU] will tell you

WMC 2006, man what a week that was, meeting up and staying with Jib and Pickle, having two guys you've never met before treat you like their one of their best friend was awesome. Then in the same week meeting nearly every other Mod and countless MS members was a time that will stick with me for a very long time.

And all this from a message board. I have friends that look at me funny when I say I post on an internet site almost everyday, they fail to see what the attraction can be. The posts above and the posts that are to come in this thread are just the reason I am here.

So we are 5 years old, 5 years of ups and downs, 5 years of laughs, sadness and 5 years of total enjoyment.

Here's to 5 years of MS.... and here's to 5 more
      mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

Originally posted by MJ
        I was on soulseek one night leeching some prog from a friendly dude called Sheppie, we were chatting about various things when he said "Do you know about MS?" "MS" I replied "Yeah MercuryServer" he said. Thats was almost 4 years ago and I'm still here now.

Over the next few years my love for MS grew and grew.

I have seen members come and go but there has always been a group of people that were so devoted to the site that they have put it where it is now. Having met almost every Moderator and quite a few members it's true to say that they are as genuine and kind in real life as they are on this board and it was a pleasure to meet you.

I have many memories that stick out for me over these years, none more so than famous MS ver1.0 crash. Life at that time seemed to stop for us all and my sausage fingers were stuck for something to do for more time than I could care to imagine. Who could ever forget the comical [YOU] I remember the first time I saw it in Kamal's signature "MJ, if you need to see the FAQ's click this link" Me, a seasoned MS pro needing to read the FAQ's? I was straight into the PM'ing to ask what was going on.... Yes I was one of the many that was taken in. <-- if you don't know what I'm talking about I'm sure [YOU] will tell you

WMC 2005, man what a week that was, meeting up and staying with Jib and Pickle, having two guys you've never met before treat you like their one of their best friend was awesome. Then in the same week meeting nearly every other Mod and countless MS members was a time that will stick with me for a very long time.

And all this from a message board. I have friends that look at me funny when I say I post on an internet site almost everyday, they fail to see what the attraction can be. The posts above and the posts that are to come in this thread are just the reason I am here.

So we are 5 years old, 5 years of ups and downs, 5 years of laughs, sadness and 5 years of total enjoyment.

Here's to 5 years of MS.... and here's to 5 more

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• unkownartist
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

man i dont know what to say, i just personally gave my thoughts to kamal and tomtom on msn and it turns out that tomtom wasnt actually admin right from the start ( bloody german peasants ) but in all honesty that doesnt matter as for me the 2 go hand in hand in making this forum one of the best on the web and it means a lot to me to be part of such an amazing place and i know i can speak for about 90 % of the members here when i say that i honestly would be lost without this place, u guys have no idea what it meens to me to be able to participate in making this forum what it is each week ( although i,m partial to the odd screw up lmao ), in all honesty i have more posts in this dam place than i have on any other forum ( for u people that know me that may come as a surprise ) and this is due to such a thriving and god dam fun community to be around, all i can say is that long may it live and continue to thrive in the way it has been

i wish u all the best

p.s. wheres the god dam birthday party????

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

mate 5 years later we got a bloody banner, you only gonna get a whiff of my far for the next 5
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            Originally posted by ace_dl
            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• chakakan
              Getting Somewhere
              • May 2005

Thats The Way I Like It

Comment

• phil
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Awesome! What a treat.
                Providing Aural Satisfaction

Comment

• unkownartist
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Kamal
                  mate 5 years later we got a bloody banner, you only gonna get a whiff of my far for the next 5

ah 2 hell with it ur gettin a happy birthday mix from me as well, gotta get 2 it, cya all soon

edit: bad idea, nicotine withdrawls are killin me, i,m even trainwrecking on ableton

NOT GOOD
                  Last edited by unkownartist; May 3, 2007, 09:12:55 AM.

Comment

• TomTom
                    • May 2002

@ all straight from the heart postings.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                      Vortexuralizor
                      • Jun 2004

i can't believe its been 5 years either. whod'a thunk that leeching kiss 100 sets and posting nonsense would be so fun for so long. i can't count how many of you i've met and partied with over the years, but i assure you i would do most of it all over again.

btw, mj, that was wmc 2006 we attended together not '05.

Comment

• tiddles
                        Encryption, Jr.
                        • Jun 2004

i remember joining sheppie's usergroup way back when so i could get the passwords.
                        fun times on this board, remember mr.krinkle? that guy was hilarious
                        sheepfucker...when hits to this site came from searches for kid strippers...this place was an oasis for music in the pre-megarapidwhateverupload days, it still is.

thx the site

Comment

• simonr
                          Transitionator
                          • Jun 2004

Bloody hell 5-years - I found [ms] in 2003 and it has fueled the fire within me for checking out progressive sounds and also opening my ears to new artists. Its great to have a forum that shares my passion and really captures my imagination - plus you couldn't wish to meat a better bunch of people to from the Founders/Admins/Mods to the forum participants. Here's to another 5 !!
                          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• circuit breaker 000
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2004

i'm back, happy b-day, and i will stay!

Comment

• MJ
                              Here since 2002
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                              btw, mj, that was wmc 2006 we attended together not '05.

Whats one year between friends.
                              mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• TomTom
                                • May 2002

^^ LMAO fyi this is the guy you hear in the jingles on all mixes. Thanks for making them, Mike.

Comment

Working...