X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

From night owl to morning man...

so I finally landed a radio gig, covering in the mornings, as this station is in-between morning shows (last group got fired, now a new one is slowly being assembled). Not the greatest in the payment field, but it could or could not lead to something else dependent on how the new morning show decisions pan out...don't know yet. (PS this is not a big radio market so don't think I can make big bank here... )

In any event, I now have to get up everyday at 4am, and then I can be home between 10 & 11am...after getting home last night around 1 and then getting a quick "nap", I got through this morning ok, then came home and took a nap. Just woke up and now I look like this

It's gonna be rough for a while... This coming from someone who currently has been going out around 5 nights/week.
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

what station?

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

congrats on landing the job.
      good luck with the night to day transition.
      i, for one, am incapable of doing AM hours.

Comment

• rewing3
        I really don't care
        • Jun 2004

AM hours suck basically. Your social life goes down the tubes. I have to get up at 5:30 am everyday baiscally. But one bonus is I do get weekends off for the most part unless I am asked to work which is not that often. So now instead of going out everyday I occasionally go out on the weekends at that is it.
        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• MJ
          Here since 2002
          • Jun 2004

To get where you wanna be is not going to come and land on you`re plate, you`re gonna have to go out and find it with hard work man. We all start off at the bottom somewhere even if it means getting up at stupid o`clock.

Good luck to you sir and congrats on the gig.
          mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• FM
            Wooooooo!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles";p="
            what station?
            http://www.lazer993.com ... it's nice in the matter that the majority of the playlist (i.e. older tunes) I grew up on, then kind of went away from when I got into dance music ~'97...

Originally posted by Musical Journey";p="
            To get where you wanna be is not going to come and land on you`re plate, you`re gonna have to go out and find it with hard work man. We all start off at the bottom somewhere even if it means getting up at stupid o`clock.

Good luck to you sir and congrats on the gig.
            Indeed...anyone who is or was in the radio industry like myself can attest that it is NOT easy to get in, and even once in, there's no guarantees. Basically, I got that "break" that you need, which I'm very grateful for vs. what I was doing in some of the past stations I worked for.

I ultimately just really pray that this does lead into what I think it could, rather then get half-kicked to the curb in a few weeks...

Now, back to bed
            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
            Facebook!
            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...