• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superwave
    Are you Kidding me??
    • May 2006

Sasha - 2001-12-14 - Live @ Everybody, Off Corso @ westoceanevents.com

Sasha - Live @ Everybody, Off Corso, 12-14-01

Much Grattitude Goes to the sun the sea from westoceanevents on slsk156 for the heads up on this amazing hitter! BRAVO

NOTES:

here is what someone else posted about it on another board

"I have uploaded a rare live set of Sasha @ everybody, Holland to the FTP server. This set was nerver released until Jerry @ www.groovecollection.nl put it on line this weekend. It was the time Sasha was on form and the set is awesome

There is a little story behind it. It was the opening night of Sander k's new clubnight Everybody. Line up Sander K, Darren Emerson and Sasha. Sander K opened, followed by Darren E and then Sasha. Everything ok untill rumors started that sasha didnt make his plane earlier that evening (whats new Razz ) He had played a party in Birmingham, UK the night before and was laying at his hotelroom total mashed. As this would have been a first time sasha for a lot of people there Sander and his GF where not happy.
    So they rushed to rent a private plane, Simone (sander's GF) went with that plane to make sure he got back on to get to Holland (he was living here to record ADD). she forklifted him of his bed, grabbed his record box to get him on the plane (now you dont mess with simone) So sasha arrived many hours to late and in state that cannot be describe any other than fucked up to the max. He could barely stand and they had to push him on stage behind the decks to take over of Darren E who had bored everybody for 3 hours of mediocre tech house.. That Sasha even could mix 2 records and stand up straight was a miracle, but after providing him with some proper HQ semi-chemicals Wink he was and what a set he played!!! with story in the back of your head this set can be called brilliant.. The tracks are of the roof and his mixes awesome.. Sasha at his best..

The first track is the sander K remix of Schorchio whcih was the last track of Darren, and its kind of funny that Sander K, Darren and Sasha where all in the same dj booth at that Point. Sasha completly changed the setting of the night with his set. At the end he couldnt stop and you can hear him play 2 encores

btw thanks to Jordi and Jerry @ groove collection for the background info of the night and to Jerry for uploading this set at his forum Smile "

PART1
    01. Sasha & Darren Emerson - Scorchio (Sander Kleinenberg remix)
    02. Bjork - All is full of love (Brancchio & Asher Remix)
    03. Tilt - Headstrong
    04. Gardner & Thomas - Control (Blackwatch's Distressor Dub)
    05. Francesco Farfa - The Search (Weekend World remix)
    06. Tone Depth - Rumblefish
    07. Deceptions - Eastern Promise
    08. Guy Garber & Sahar Z - Kenny's Back
    09. Tocharian - Lacuna
    10. The Future Sound Of London - Papua New Guinea (Satoshi Tomiie Main-Path)
    11. Timo Maas - To Get Down (Timo's Dub Mix)
    PART2
    01. Weekend World - Twister
    02. James Holden - Solstice
    03. Rui Da Silva - Fire
    04. DB Boulevard - Point Of View (Quivver Dub)
    05. Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place (Josh Wink remix)
    *silence- first encore starts again with
    06. Bjork - All is full of love (Brancchio & Asher Remix)
    07. Age Of Love - Age of love
    08. Orbital - Lush 3:2
    09. Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar
    *silence- Sander annoucing the end
    10. Cosmos - Take me with you (instrumental)
  • fabric8
    200mph Club
    • Jul 2006

Re: Sasha - 2001-12-14 - Live @ Everybody, Off Corso @ westoceanevents.com

thanks wave, downloading now, sounds interesting

Comment

• Galactic Soap
      Getting Somewhere
      • May 2006

Great story! Thanks for the heads up, downloading now...

Comment

• chrisarm
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

where is the link fon these

Comment

• rewing3
          I really don't care
          • Jun 2004

Were is the link at???
          Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• dusk
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

^^^ Was thinking the same thing, suppose I have to register and Grovecollection for it then?

Thanks for the story btw.
            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• ribbario
              Underwater
              • Aug 2006

Sasha - 2001-12-14 - Live @ Everybody, Off Corso @ westoceanevents.com

Look @

Mixes !!!

Comment

• itsjung
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

is it just me or did that story reaaaaaaaaaaally make you want to download that set?

Comment

• spacecadet
                  Addiction started
                  • Apr 2006

haha i love Sasha's mashed up stories from back in the day..This is something that happened quite frequently back then..Great story hoping this mix rocks

Comment

• chrisarm
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

cheers

Comment

• unkle
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Mar 2007

thanks.

Comment

• chunky
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jan 2006

Sasha not turning up because he was recording ADD was Sasha's excuse for No Shows for about 4 years. He dint turn up to at least 2 gigs on the Northern Exposure tour because he was recording his artist album. One he was replaced by Guy Ornadel and the other Allister Whitehead.
                        Originally posted by res0nat0r
                        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• martin.ltb
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Dec 2006

hehe nice story :-) in my country there were 4 canceled sasha's gigs hell
                          It's all about the progressive!

Comment

• chunky
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jan 2006

I saw Sasha the night before this set @ Code in Brum. He did the last ever Session (Steve Lawler's night) with Lawler and John Digweed a great night. Sasha & Digweed did their only appearance together at Fabric on the Saturday as well. There was so many people in Fabric it was unreal never again.

Great share anyway. Sasha went off the boil for me in 2002 and took quite a while to get back on top. This set reminds me a bout the good old days
                            Originally posted by res0nat0r
                            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Homegrove
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

This set has a great story but it's also pretty fucking amazing musically and the mixing's just off this world.
                              Forward thinking house music

Comment

Working...