• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duff McKagin
    Gold Gabber
    • Sep 2004

opening warm up tracks

hey all,
    i'm opening up for the beatfreakers, a breaks group fom chicago, on labor day and i need some nice sexy, grooving tracks to play for the first 2 hours. my style is much like luke fair, desyn, jody wisternoff. most of my tracks are peak time and i can't play them to start out. i'm also closing the night so i'm all set there. basically i have never really searched for warm up music because i'm poor and i dont play out that much. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, ryan
    Fly? Yes. Land? No!
  • Duff McKagin
    Gold Gabber
    • Sep 2004

Re: opening warm up tracks

forgot to mention. the beatfreakers play mostly funky and nu-skool breaks, which is far from what i play. so i figured that i can play some bangin tracks before they come on considering that they will be completely switching it up for the 3 hours they are on.
    Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• BureOne
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Hey Duff,

Check out these artists and labels, hopefully you can find something that might fit your warm up set.

I personally dig the following labels: Moods n' grooves, season, Naked Music, Playhouse, Open bar, guidance, plastic city,

Artists: Alton Miller, Toka Project, Pete Moss, Freestyle Man, Jay West, Jimpster, Demarkus Lewis... check out the labels they're on for more options.

hope it helps and have a great time!

Comment

• hambino21
        PFC Semen Ham
        • Jul 2004

Check out Hipp-E, H- foundation (I think they are one in the same plus one or 2 others) look at OHM records, Lord street Heroes, Time writer has some killer warm up stuff.
        " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• Duff McKagin
          Gold Gabber
          • Sep 2004

thanks alot guys, keep 'em comin i got 2.5 hours to fill and i'm listening to everything that i can so far.
          Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• crown-one
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2007

Check out this thread, there is an mp3 and the dudes who did it have a lot of stuff I think might fit well. Cates' mixes, they also have stuff on beatport so check out their myspace.

Comment

Working...