X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superdave
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Election please end soon

Ok, I like politics as you'll are aware, but I can't wait until after 11/2/04. Too much media coverage and spin from both sides is making me crazy.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Election please end soon

I'm not a US citizen, but I think a lot of Europeans feel the same as well...the elections are all over the news here, though not nearly crowding it as much as in the US.
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• krelm
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave";p="
      Ok, I like politics as you'll are aware, but I can't wait until after 11/2/04. Too much media coverage and spin from both sides is making me crazy.
      And you really think it will be over when the clock strikes midnight on Nov. 2? I smell court cases aplenty. If it's close again, I expect the 2000 fiasco will look like People's Court in comparison.
      Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
      www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
      - Stimutacs

Comment

• EvenSteven
        Getting Somewhere
        • Sep 2004

Bush is going to win you assmonkeys.

Can't you just feel it?

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

I hear ya -- I can't wait for it to be over, either. I've been paying extremely close attention to all things political since people began announcing their candidacy last year, and I'm fucking exhausted...

Comment

• Umar
            Fresh Peossy
            • Oct 2004

I absolutely agree with you superdave...
            Even in Pakistan we're bombarded with nothing but Election news on every news channel, local or international. Isn't there anything else happening in the world?
            EvenSteven's right, Bush is going to win, but why all this exaggeration?
            I guess its just America showing that its totally democratic.
            Looking at it from a broader perspective, Kerry is made to believe he's giving Bush a tough fight, but a close win is a win nonetheless.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

Toasty, have you been listening to local STL radio? My god the dirt slinging in the state senate race is ridiculous. Between the presidential elections, and the local ones, i cannot bare to listen to AM/FM radio until it's over.

Clair McCaskil...damn woman! She's relentless.

I can hear no more from kerry and bush. I've heard enough. Now it's all just a bunch of jibber jabber back and forth, seeing who can get the last jab in before election time.

And where is Osama Bin Laden? Under a week left to, er, "find him."

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

I am so sick of seeing election commericals on tv. It has been on all summer long. Please just end. So that we can get back to those dumb commericals again.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks";p="
                  Toasty, have you been listening to local STL radio? My god the dirt slinging in the state senate race is ridiculous. Between the presidential elections, and the local ones, i cannot bare to listen to AM/FM radio until it's over.

Clair McCaskil...damn woman! She's relentless.
                  Yeah, the local races are vicious. Have you seen any of the TV ads against Gordon Maag, who is running for Illinois Supreme Court? More nasty than anything I've seen in the national races...

As for Claire, I have no choice but to vote for her (and even have one of her little signs on my lawn) but I'm not happy about it. Blunt is an OK guy (his sister is a friend of mine from law school), but he will railroad some draconian tort reform through the legislature if elected that will basically render it silly to practice law in Missouri. Claire's husband owns and operates nursing homes, so although she's assured me she will not, I know she will allow some form of tort reform to go through, too. Very much a lesser of the evils -- like the difference between being fucked in the ass with a trombone or a summer sausage.

See you at the polls on Tuesday...

Comment

• FM
                    Wooooooo!
                    • Jun 2004

I can hear no more from kerry and bush. I've heard enough. Now it's all just a bunch of jibber jabber back and forth, seeing who can get the last jab in before election time.
                    Indeed...each side is saying basically the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

WE GET THE POINT ALREADY!!! Each side says the other sucks and to vote for them....
                    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                    Facebook!
                    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...