X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Polling Numbers

OK, let me start with the proposition that polls right now don't mean shit, and let me further add that the Zogby Interactive Poll, which is done online, isn't viewed with as much credibility as traditional polls that are done over the phone. Finally, there's no way on earth these numbers will hold up. If they're even close, though, McCain has got his work cut out for him. Check this out:

If this poll is to be believed, McCain doesn't really have safe leads anywhere (except perhaps Alabama). The notion that he could lose Arkansas or Arizona ought to send a chill down his spine. The VA, NC, SC thing isn't great news, either, and the fact that he's getting his ass handed to him in MI and MN -- one of which he really needs to win -- is yet another area of concern.

My takeaway from all of this is that notwithstanding the attention it's received over the last two cycles and during the primaries, Florida will have pretty limited influence this time around. Go ahead, McCain, you can have it -- there are plenty of other places to make up those votes.
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Polling Numbers

i honestly don't think mccain is trying very hard. whether it is purposefully or not. personally, i don't really care anymore. the more i hear from him, the less i like him too.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• MJDub
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

I know it probably seems like I could call everybody old, but I really do think McCain is just too old to carry out the duties of President effectively. I mean yeah Reagan was just as old, but Reagan wasn't shot down in a war zone and tortured for years either. That's a mindfuck that changes you permanently. Also, McCain just doesn't seem like he's as sharp as he was back in 2000 (when he was like a tack). Just today seeing him trying to respond to what's going on with Iran, he fumbled for words for the better part of 10 seconds to just say that they're bad.

He would have been a good president back in 2000 IMO (surprising coming from an Obama supporter huh?), but obviously things change for everybody over 8 years.
      http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJDub
        He would have been a good president back in 2000 IMO (surprising coming from an Obama supporter huh?), but obviously things change for everybody over 8 years.
        Not surprising considering that back then he was a bit of a maverick, not just a guy who held himself out to be one...

Comment

• MJDub
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Exactly right. It's like neo-conservatives replaced his brain sometime after South Carolina 2000.
          http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

Working...