X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

War with Iran

Was watching MSNBC this morning and Chris Matthews was on, talking about, among other things, the upshot of the Iranian missile testing this morning. He made a comment that I thought was interesting -- he said that if McCain was elected, we'd be going to war with Iran and that if Obama was elected, he wasn't sure, that he was a wildcard/unknown.

Question is, is that a fair assessment? I think it's fair as to Obama, but is it a foregone conclusion that we're going to war with Iran if McCain get's elected? A guarantee of another war with another mideast nation is reason enough to not elect the guy, IMO. If it has to happen, so be it, but the last thing we need is another dude trying to justify war based not upon need but upon a pre-existing desire to go to war.
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: War with Iran

i think chris matthews is blowing hot smoke. the way ahmadinejad is acting, i think he is simply trying to provoke us to attack. having said that, i would think both candidates can see right through him. if we do go to war, i think there will be the utmost reason to do so. both candidates know we can't really afford to go into another war right now unless absolutely necessary.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

i dont think mccain is eager to jump into a conflict, his opinion on iraq is more along the lines of "we fucked up, can we finish the job correctly at this point ? lets not leave a bigger mess"

i dont think either idiot will draw us into iran unless isreal attacks before the election and bush puts us there.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Also, did anyone read Bill Kristol's thing opining that if it looks like Obama is going to be elected, Bush will probably attack Iran before he gets out of office, but won't if McCain looks like he's going to win?

Anyone that thinks that Bush can't still do some irreparable damage as he coasts to the end of his presidency hasn't been paying attention for the last few years...

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by thesightless
          i dont think mccain is eager to jump into a conflict, his opinion on iraq is more along the lines of "we fucked up, can we finish the job correctly at this point ? lets not leave a bigger mess"

i dont think either idiot will draw us into iran unless isreal attacks before the election and bush puts us there.

lolwhut? mccain not eager to jump into conflict? You sprinkling some crack on your frosted flakes this mornin'?
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Garrick
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

well i don't think bush can just say lets go to war again without having it constitutionally granted... lets hope the lessons were learned from the iraq war.
            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
              well i don't think bush can just say lets go to war again without having it constitutionally granted... lets hope the lessons were learned from the iraq war.

Thanks for the pick-me-up!!!

Comment

• subterFUSE
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by toasty
                Was watching MSNBC this morning and Chris Matthews was on, talking about, among other things, the upshot of the Iranian missile testing this morning. He made a comment that I thought was interesting -- he said that if McCain was elected, we'd be going to war with Iran and that if Obama was elected, he wasn't sure, that he was a wildcard/unknown.

Question is, is that a fair assessment? I think it's fair as to Obama, but is it a foregone conclusion that we're going to war with Iran if McCain get's elected? A guarantee of another war with another mideast nation is reason enough to not elect the guy, IMO. If it has to happen, so be it, but the last thing we need is another dude trying to justify war based not upon need but upon a pre-existing desire to go to war.
                I would say it is an unfair assessment on McCain, and I am very glad to see you questioning Matthews on it.

The way I see it.... The decision to go to war with Iran is ultimately going to have more to do with Iran and Israel than us. If Iran continues with producing nukes, I can see Israel bombing Iranian nuke sites and then we get dragged in defense of Israel. Whether a democrat or republican is in office won't matter. Neither party is going to abandon Israel if they're involved in a conflict with Iran.

Comment

• thesightless
                  Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                  • Jun 2004

i have a terrible feeling that in 10 years the world will be dealing with the collective greif of a destroyed nation and north america will be the only place where you can find a jew. isreal is done for unless the EU and russia get involved in a pro isreali way.

iran is more about huffing and puffing with out actually blowing the house down.
                  your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                  download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• MJDub
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                    i have a terrible feeling that in 10 years the world will be dealing with the collective greif of a destroyed nation and north america will be the only place where you can find a jew. isreal is done for unless the EU and russia get involved in a pro isreali way.

iran is more about huffing and puffing with out actually blowing the house down.
                    Man that's sounds like a doomsday scenario huh? Just think, many radicals of the 3 religions involved here would start to see North America as a new Zionist establishment and start touting "New Jerusalem! Bring on the Messiah/Allah/Jihad/Armageddon!!" or something to that nature I'm sure.

Sheesh.
                    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

^ that is a scary thought.

Comment

• Localizer
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jul 2004

any war with Iran will cripple the US. Being the 2nd largest OPEC producer, they'll blockade the straight of hormuz. It may not be a pain in the ass to break it up, but it will be a pain in the ass when Russia jumps in, especially after being pissed off at our missile defense system. According to a Russian academy, one general proposes that European nations who have this system will feel their wrath economically.
                        Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                        -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• ganjamo
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jan 2006

Start digging your bunkers !! you can throw some post-war parties afterwards also so its a win-win situation.

Actually wars suck, and nukes suck more. I hope this doesnt get any bigger.
                          Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• superdave
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

The war with Iran is a political strategy by the Democrats to win the Presidential election. They bring it up because it reminds people of how bad things have been in Iraq. People associate Bush with McCain and not vote Republican for President.

Unless Israel and/or Iran start shooting missiles at each other then we won't be in a war with Iran.
                            Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Localizer
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by superdave
                              The war with Iran is a political strategy by the Democrats to win the Presidential election. They bring it up because it reminds people of how bad things have been in Iraq. People associate Bush with McCain and not vote Republican for President.

Unless Israel and/or Iran start shooting missiles at each other then we won't be in a war with Iran.
                              McCain has already stated he was going to continue Bush policies, so as far as I'm concerned, McCain's views are nearly in line with Bush's, so yes, they are in effect 1 in the same.

The war rhetoric is more than just democrats strategizing, if that's even a possibility. It seems it's Condi Rice and the repubs who like smacking lips with Iran, not the democrats. Unless we want to unleash our nuclear arsenal, we're in no position to be demanding anything from other nations and this war rhetoric should stop from both nations. Then again, it's a great way for some oil buddies to squeeze every last cent they can out of consumers before this administration leaves office. It was forecasted that the price of oil will drop below $100 by early 2009, when it just so happens that it will be right around inauguratino day.
                              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...