• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • |Thrax|
    Platinum Poster
    • Mar 2007

i never went to art school

so i'm going to post stuff on here and pretend I did. :-p

Tumblr is a place to express yourself, discover yourself, and bond over the stuff you love. It's where your interests connect you with your people.
    This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
    Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: i never went to art school

Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about time, masters worry about light.”
    –Unknown

I like that very much. I guess that makes me an amateur master.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Haha, I like that one Jef. Never went to art school myself as well, but still people call me a graphic designer. So much to learn though, I barely dare call myself one...
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Digger
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Nov 2004

damnnnnnnn that video looks so fuking goooooooood

jesus is that a hd cam?
        https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
        All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• |Thrax|
          Platinum Poster
          • Mar 2007

thanks

in a word, yes..

But it's not a converntional video camera!

This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

^I'd love to get my hands on that camera,I probably would never put it down.

Also, this video is a good example of when choosing "HD" makes a noticeable difference in the quality of the picture.

(make sure to watch the whole video, the camera really shines during the crowd shots)

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• |Thrax|
              Platinum Poster
              • Mar 2007

I would totally use Vimeo, edit and process my video more, but I just don't havwe that money or time.
              Vimeo lets me upload 1 HD video per week.
              Youtube is unlimited, plus it goes to 2GB each video.

I posted a good 2 or 3 videos from a few outings

The quality is more noticable when there is depth to perceive.. true.
              here is my vimeo acct
              chris soltis is a member of Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

-Chris

Comment

• |Thrax|
                Platinum Poster
                • Mar 2007

here's the other one from the same day, different lens.
                [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go0ZFzudtGs[/youtube]

this link should open a bigger size:

I don't like youtube very much.. i wish they would keep their sizes native

-Chris

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

^ya vimeo > youtube forsure, wow that chica in the front there is sure enjoying herself

Comment

• |Thrax|
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Mar 2007

Last edited by |Thrax|; August 3, 2009, 08:39:06 PM.

-Chris

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by |Thrax|
                      I would totally use Vimeo, edit and process my video more, but I just don't havwe that money or time.
                      Vimeo lets me upload 1 HD video per week.
                      Youtube is unlimited, plus it goes to 2GB each video.

I posted a good 2 or 3 videos from a few outings

The quality is more noticable when there is depth to perceive.. true.
                      here is my vimeo acct
                      http://vimeo.com/user1065272
                      Google buys On2 to boost YouTube quality

Google on Wednesday morning said it would buy On2 Technologies in a $106.5 million deal that could improve the quality of YouTube videos. The acquisition gives Google access to On2's video compression methods and is expected to directly translate into one or more of Google's video websites, most likely involving YouTube but potentially Google Video as well. While the search engine giant says it can't talk about product plans, it claims to be "committed to innovation" in video quality on the web.
                      The two companies expect the corporate union to be approved and completed during the fall.

Google has in the past been criticized for lagging in video quality compared to sites like Vimeo and SmugMug, which were some of the first to play 720p and 1080p video on the web respectively. However, the company started improving video quality in 2007 when it moved to the H.264 video format, in part to help the iPhone, and has since offered both a higher resolution standard definition option as well as a pseudo-HD option for videos recorded above DVD quality.

The upgrades represent both an increased popularity for HD video recording as well as a likely necessary upgrade to begin offering full-length movies and other content that would need improved quality to justify ads or even paid viewing.

Comment

• |Thrax|
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Mar 2007

nice, thanks for the info.
                        Google video is already not an option, as the big G said they want to make that a
                        video search engine"
                        so, it must be for "The Tube"

I won't bother to buy a premium Vimeo account.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWBtIj7tWM[/YOUTUBE]

-Chris

Comment

• Toronto111
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Oct 2009

Most likely, yes. Most art schools are regular colleges just with an arts focus, and any accredited school will require a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). You could take classes at a community college or something like that, but you wouldn't be able to apply any credits to a future degree.

Comment

• |Thrax|
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Mar 2007

-Chris

Comment

• |Thrax|
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Mar 2007

-Chris

Comment

Working...