• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kat
    A pretty fn good milkshake
    • Mar 2006

My 2K story

Yeey I finally reached 2K

OK since I am entitled to my own thread at this point I thought I’d use it to share my story about how I met Dalai Lama.

I was like 20 years old or so, still living with my parents and that day I had a really bad day, I was depressed, feeling sorry for myself and what not probably about some adolescent problem and was desperate for a change. So I was watching this documentary on Discovery channel about the unexplained phenomena. There was this village where Dalai Lama had visited a family and blessed their house. Few years after that there was a disastrous fire and the whole village burnt to the ground except this house he was in, and this house stood right in the middle of it but was not touched by a fire at all. At that point I thought to myself wow if I could just touch his hand or at least see him with my own eyes, I’d be saved out of my misery and be well for the rest of my life lol, and I’m not religious, but at that desperate moment I was ready to believe anything to make me feel better.

So years passed, I have completely forgotten about that and I was already in Faculty and was volunteering at this ICEL conference as a part of my study practice. So we were notified that Dalai Lama was in Slovenia and will have his speech at that same building. I was so happy; I thought I’d finally be able to see him. People were gathering and a bunch of us volunteers stood in the back of this hallway, it was very crowded. There was also this lady standing there with 2 kinds of tickets in her hands, red and yellow ones. I approached her and asked what those were for and she explained the red ones were for invitees only to see him live in a large hall and the yellow ones for other less important invitees for the small hall to watch him on a big screen. As the crowd moved inside there was still bunch of us standing there waiting for his arrival. So this lady suddenly asks me if I wish for a yellow ticket coz she’s got few left and I was like jumping of excitement and took the ticket. Then this friend of mine comes to me begging me for that ticked and I though oh well as long as I see his arrival I’m happy and I’ll just see the reply of the speech on TV or something and gave her the ticket. Minutes passed and this lady was still waiting for some people to arrive but they never showed up so she asks me again if I wish to have another ticked, this time the red one, I was in so excited, so I rushed in the large hall and it was packed to the last corner so I stood at the top of the stairs and in that moment Dalai Lama entered the room right behind me and first thing he sees was my big eyes and a smile to my ears and he smiles at me, takes my hand and doesn’t let go but takes it as a support as he descends the stairs. Wow I was in heaven literally He starts his speech and I notice this guy just left the room and left an empty chair in a first row, so I rush to it and still in bliss listen to his speech from near aaaahhhhh
    ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

• DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: My 2K story

Very cool Kat, and congrats on finally making it to 2k
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

That's a great story Kat ... talk about fate !
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

That's an awesome story Kat!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnHaTlI1p7o&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Haziel
          Likes a finger upthere
          • Jan 2007

Nice story Kat and congrats on the 2 k posts

Certainly one of the greatest minds of our time

Comment

• Lorn
            Looking for a title!
            • Sep 2004

Lovely story.

Comment

• Kat
              • Mar 2006

thanks guys

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• chanty
                John, John, where art thou!
                • Jun 2004

Did your life change from that moment on? Great experience and congrats!
                Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Kat
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by chanty
                  Did your life change from that moment on? Great experience and congrats!
                  my life is changing all the time for the better so i guess yes, it did

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    Anyone have Styx livesets?
                    • Jun 2004

so is DL coming to [ms]????????????

congrats on 2k!
                    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• sakio pod
                      SALAD TOSSER
                      • Jun 2004

give your self a pat on the back

don't understand why people care about how many post they have

but HigH5......sure the story was nice

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

^ its a rite of passage!

every culture has them!

Comment

• Aleks_B
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Nov 2006

kool story.

congratz on 2k!!
                          aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• ddr
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

very nice story Kat.

i remember watching his interview on Charlie Rose a couple years ago.. extremely good speaker and with a lot of good ideas.
                            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• ribbario
                              Underwater
                              • Aug 2006

congrats on 2k Kat !

Mixes !!!

Comment

Working...