• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: "You Lie"

Originally posted by labmonkey
    I didn't like him either and most of the country too and he was never interrupted or heckled in this manner, ...

no he just had a shoe chucked at him

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

^^ Not in the same vein either. Member of Congress > Paparazzi Abdul no ?
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Lorn
        Looking for a title!
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by runningman
        I'm comparing humans to humans.. beware of the numbers and %'s.. hungry is hungry..39 million people hungry in the US is more than the population of Canada. It is a shame.

Have to agree with RM here.

Comment

• labmonkey
          Addiction started
          • Apr 2005

It is a shame the number of people going hungry everyday in this country, that's the biggest failure of this economical-political frame we are in, it is also a shame that our elected officials choose to play politics instead of work together for the well being of the rest...
          "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted"

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

while i agree that Obama's HOPE banner of last year has done absolutely fuck all so far in his presidency... i do think that this douche's LIAR comment was way out of line. Out of all the times Bush gave speeches, not 1 person called him a liar, when effectively he lied to get us into Iraq and he is by far a worse President than Obama has been so far.

bottom line, it was way out of line... i agree with Toasty, that is something 3-year olds do... one look at all the Republicans last night, a lot of them holding piles of paper in defiance is just so child-like its sad. Republicans are just further putting the nail into their coffin, complete idiots and children.

And for the record, if the Dem's did this to Bush Jr., i would be thinking the same.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

funny this guys opponent received $405k today because of that outburst. Goldman perhaps for going against their man? What company do you think?

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

funny this guys opponent received $405k today because of that outburst. Goldman perhaps for against their man? What company do you think?
                What on earth does "Goldman perhaps for against their man" even mean? I've tried to diagram the sentence and everything, and I keep coming up snake eyes.

While you're at it, though, take a look at the opensecrets page on this race and explain why it is that you think that Goldman Sachs is suddenly flooding this dude with money. Doesn't really match up. Then again, I can't make heads or tails of your original post, so maybe that's not what you're saying at all...

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

it was a joke.. reffering back to Obama's biggest contributor. Or maybe Soros for that Oil deal down in brazil..

tis tis Toasty you were the one telling me a bit ago to lighten up.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    Anyone have Styx livesets?
                    • Jun 2004

i did that search too - and I certainly didnt go thru every link - but these are not in session in the comons as far as i can tell.
                    PMs have certainly been called liars on the street on tv etc.
                    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Miroslav
                      WHOA I can change this!1!
                      • Apr 2006

Well did anybody see Obama's speech yesterday? I thought it was a great speech full of all the lies and usual bullshit he says. What a great moment when Joe Wilson spoke up and yelled "You Lie!" finally Obama got a taste of what all the others are getting when they do their townhalls.
                      Why am I not surprised that you thought his little "comment" was great.... However, you will note in the media that everyone else, including his own party members, found his behavior to be boorish and pathetic. You can disagree with the President and have an aggressive debate at the right time, but interrupting and heckling his speech was NOT the time or manner in which to do it. It's rude to do during any President's speech, always.

All Joe succeeded in doing was painting the Republicans like a bunch of hick morons by association with himself and making it that much more likely that people would be sympathetic to the Democrats. Congrats.

The major lie for me yesterday was Obama taking credit for turning the economy around. What a crock of shit when the jobless report came out today saying another 216,000 people lost their jobs last month. I guess when quarter of a million people lose their job it is a success. Also when analysts are saying that millions of foreclosures are on the way.. Oh ya great job.
                      Hey, you can debate how much Obama should get credit for the economy, but there are many signs that the economy is turning the corner towards a slow recovery. That does not mean that everyone is suddenly employed and that all our problems are over. But compared to losing close to 700,000 jobs a month like we were for a while, edging downward to 200,000 is a trend in the right direction which will hopefully continue.

I know this is very bad news for you since you love it when things in the world are as miserable and gloomy as humanly possible - my condolences!
                      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• runningman
                        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                        • Jun 2004

funny how these stupid uneducated Republicans have you educated smart Democrats on the ropes.

Comment

• Miroslav
                          • Apr 2006

funny how these stupid uneducated Republicans have you educated smart Democrats on the ropes.
                          I didn't say all Republicans were stupid and uneducated, just that heckling the President during a major televised speech is inappropriate and exhibits very poor manners, particularly from an elected official. And it doesn't matter who the President is. And he apologized very quickly for it, because he recognized that he was in deep shit. But honestly, I'm not surprised that the inappropriateness of this kind of behavior doesn't register with you.

Comment

• runningman
                            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                            • Jun 2004

yet again I think you have a false image of your country. You weren't founded on politness or courtesy. Keeping that in mind stunts like this should n't surprise you but yet here we are. You in shock and I'm not.

Also I don't appreciate ice pick jabs implying that I am not courteous or to stupid to recognize how this is inappropriate. Also I am not gloomy but when I look outside and its raining I tell everyone it is raining no matter what the weather man says.

Comment

• toasty
                              Sir Toastiness
                              • Jun 2004

tis tis Toasty you were the one telling me a bit ago to lighten up.
                              My bad, I meant brighten up.

Comment

• Miroslav
                                • Apr 2006

yet again I think you have a false image of your country. You weren't founded on politness or courtesy. Keeping that in mind stunts like this should n't surprise you but yet here we are. You in shock and I'm not.
                                I'm not in shock. And I don't see why the manner of the founding of our country necessitates boorish behavior. I just think it was poor behavior, the Republicans thought it was poor behavior, and Joe HIMSELF said that it was poor behavior and apologized.

So I think you're kind of on your own on this one. And that was my point with the "I'm not surprised" comment, because you usually are on your own with a lot of your comments. As far as your behavior goes, not gonna comment on that because we've all seen lots of it and formed our own opinions by now anyways.

Comment

Working...