Sasha - Live @ Gatecrasher's 5th Birthday, The Republic Sheffield (18.09.1999)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha - Live @ Gatecrasher's 5th Birthday, The Republic Sheffield (18.09.1999)

Is this the vinyl ?
    Attached Files
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• ashley23
      Getting warmed up
      • Nov 2007

Re: Sasha - Live @ Gatecrasher's 5th Birthday, The Republic Sheffield (18.09.1999)

Yeah, yeah, that's the one.

Comment

• chunky
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by superwave

Can't wait to hear extended Transmission95
        I got the tapes today. looks like its 2 X 90 min tapes

Originally posted by res0nat0r
        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• andyrUK
          Getting warmed up
          • Apr 2009

It's great your all enjoying the set!

I always remember this as I was in 3 beat in Liverpool in the afternoon playing through tons of tracks as I did most weekends and I heard the Human Movement remix of Baba and grabbed it! Always a nice feeling to hear the man like drop it a few hours later! That happened a few times actually!!

I still feel haunted by this mix as I love track two and still don't know what it is?

Who the f**k is Neil Bentley??? What a D**K! A man of far, far, too many words

Comment

• ashley23
            Getting warmed up
            • Nov 2007

Yeah, happened to me a few of times that. Not many like. Cos they were so upfront in those days

Got ''Silhouette - Silhouette Of Our Love (Dark Matter Remix)"a good few months in advance before all the big-boys started playing it. Actually heard Scott Bond play it first at Gatecrasher. Then Sasha at Cream.

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

link no workie for me...
              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
                link no workie for me...
                Must be a Megaupload issue in your area - the link's still live.

Any continued issues let me know - I'll try to provide an alternative.
                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                  Must be a Megaupload issue in your area - the link's still live.

Any continued issues let me know - I'll try to provide an alternative.
                  works now, megaupload was the problem.

thanks chunky!!
                  "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• superwave
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2006

another new one fron chunky in '09

Comment

• chunky
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jan 2006

Bumping threads for no reason again supperwave
                      Originally posted by res0nat0r
                      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• andyrUK
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Apr 2009

"Got ''Silhouette - Silhouette Of Our Love (Dark Matter Remix)"a good few months in advance before all the big-boys started playing it. Actually heard Scott Bond play it first at Gatecrasher. Then Sasha at Cream."

Yes I heard 'Silhouette - Silhouette Of Our Love (Dark Matter Remix)" at Cream as well.

It was boxing day with Sasha in the Annexe. He played a GU San Fran set!

Remember he road tested "Bellfunk"! Seemed like an age before it was eventually released after that ! Must have only just finished it in the studio with Charlie.

Also mixed two copies of "Twilo Thunder" together teasing the main hook and keeping it going for ages!

Remember lieb's mix of "Love Simulation" and either Classified Projects "Resurrection" or Medway's - Resurrection E.P.

Where you there that night?

Me and my younger bro Jules went, we still think it's one of the best ever times we heard the man like! That and at the bomb with James Zabiela when he was still in his school shorts!

Comment

• michailnina
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Aug 2009

thanks

Comment

• ashley23
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by andyrUK
                            Yes I heard 'Silhouette - Silhouette Of Our Love (Dark Matter Remix)" at Cream as well.

It was boxing day with Sasha in the Annexe. He played a GU San Fran set!

Remember he road tested "Bellfunk"! Seemed like an age before it was eventually released after that ! Must have only just finished it in the studio with Charlie.

Also mixed two copies of "Twilo Thunder" together teasing the main hook and keeping it going for ages!

Remember lieb's mix of "Love Simulation" and either Classified Projects "Resurrection" or Medway's - Resurrection E.P.

Where you there that night?

Me and my younger bro Jules went, we still think it's one of the best ever times we heard the man like! That and at the bomb with James Zabiela when he was still in his school shorts!
                            No, I wasn't at the Boxing Day one. I went to the 6th Birthday in October and the next one in November. And a couple more before that earlier in the year when he played in the main room - Much prefered it when he played in the Annexe though tbh.

The October Birthday he came on after Burridge & Richards with the Bedrock mix of Humate..... He also did the 'Chain>Change Me>Twilo Thunder mix'. All the others too like, Silhouette, Down The River (Gogo Mix), Belfunk, Aira Force.

November was good as well. Started and finished with Delerium. Then he was throwing the San Fran CDs out at the end - Think it was the weekend before it got released - Didn't get one though.

Comment

• superwave
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • May 2006

Has anyone got the ID for 2 or 3 on this set? I ask cause i care!

Comment

• OkiDokie
                                Addiction started
                                • Dec 2010

Link is dead

Comment

Working...