Payment options
Page 1 of 31 1 234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 461

Thread: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

  1. #1
    Transitionator simonr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    8,766
    Blog Entries
    7

    The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    Though I'd start a new thread.

    Those long cold winter nights have kicked in, so it's time to put the fire on, settle on the sofa, kick back, and put on music that is spellbinding.

    I've just dusted this off - it's one of my favs:

    ]

    Post your youtube links ... if the mood grabs you
    Last edited by simonr; February 19, 2011 at 11:13:32 AM.
    SimonR

    This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

  2. #2
    DUDERZ get a life!!! Micko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    7,468

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    Great idea Simon

    Ambient music is perfect for this mood

    I'll get back to you on this

  3. #3
    DUDERZ get a life!!! AntonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,414

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    Sounds a bit morbid but whatever the hell they do with my remains when I kick off
    this is what I want playing

    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so-L12LFRR8[/YOUTUBE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpira View Post
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

    All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
    Let me get this straight.

    So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

    1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

    Am I close here?

  4. #4
    DUDERZ get a life!!! AntonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,414

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    IMO One of the best pop songs ever
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKd06s1LNik[/YOUTUBE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpira View Post
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

    All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
    Let me get this straight.

    So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

    1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

    Am I close here?

  5. #5
    DUDERZ get a life!!! AntonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,414

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    This one still gets me worked up
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZZo3ft4Sg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpira View Post
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

    All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
    Let me get this straight.

    So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

    1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

    Am I close here?

  6. #6
    I got some N64 Games Yo!! i!!ustrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    orange county californa
    Age
    35
    Posts
    12,300

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    silence and the soundless sound

  7. #7
    DUDERZ get a life!!! AntonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,414

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    Though I'd start a new thread.

    Those long cold winter nights have kicked in, so it's time to put the fire on, settle on the sofa, kick back, and put on music that is spellbinding.

    I've just dusted this off - it's one of my favs:

    [YOUTUBE]5EAQ1oX7hv8[/YOUTUBE]

    Post your youtube links ... if the mood grabs you
    Those two are quite a duo and props to you for being a Charlie Haden fan
    saw him back in the early ninties as a trio (Wanton Spirit) also the LMO stuff is great, very avant garde material between him and Scott La Faro who played with Bill Evans, two large influences on my bass playing, as for Pat Metheny, if you have seen him live, what else is there to say, mindblowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpira View Post
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

    All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
    Let me get this straight.

    So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

    1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

    Am I close here?

  8. #8

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    Franklin's Tower- Grateful Dead. A beautiful tune for me it's timeless. Listen to that guitar

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ppefO1Mja4

    You'd think I could embedd it by now.

  9. #9
    I got some N64 Games Yo!! i!!ustrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    orange county californa
    Age
    35
    Posts
    12,300

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    ^ just wrap the youtube tags around the link bro.

  10. #10
    Aussie Pest DIDI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    16,131

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours



    Beautiful music tends to be my thing but, this is the one I keep going back to. First heard on Hernan's metrodance and my tune of the year that year.

    Hernan's version had more groove
    Last edited by DIDI; February 19, 2011 at 09:14:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVrk View Post
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

  11. #11
    I got some N64 Games Yo!! i!!ustrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    orange county californa
    Age
    35
    Posts
    12,300

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    imagine if deejays mixed only beautiful music; i know of only a handful.

  12. #12
    Are you Kidding me??
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Liechtenstein
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,864

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    one of the best edm tune for me so far..
    a ten year old love. jap, 99 was a great year!



    [youtube]1aYxeE_pTwY[/youtube]
    ...and yes, its a repost^^

  13. #13

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    Quote Originally Posted by coleby761 View Post
    Franklin's Tower- Grateful Dead. A beautiful tune for me it's timeless. Listen to that guitar

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ppefO1Mja4

    You'd think I could embedd it by now.
    [youtube] youtube link here [/youtube]

    dont forget the forward slash ^^^^^

    (you can manually type out the above youtube brackets)

    It was fun while it lasted...

  14. #14
    Are you Kidding me??
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Liechtenstein
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,864

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    Quote Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
    [YOUTUBE] youtube link here [/YOUTUBE]

    dont forget the forward slash ^^^^^

    (you can manually type out the above youtube brackets)
    and in this case ur youtube link would be => 6ppefO1Mja4
    ...and yes, its a repost^^

  15. #15

    Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z4cLmbw6q0[/YOUTUBE]

    or .....


    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrhZs6M5Z3w[/YOUTUBE]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 30, 2009, 05:10:41 PM
  2. Dj Sneak live @ Krystal Club, Bucharest, Romania - 6.12.08
    By tunito in forum Promos & Recommendations
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 26, 2009, 11:32:20 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 31, 2008, 11:07:59 PM
  4. DJ Food - Raiding the 20th Century - Words & Music Expansion
    By yesme in forum Promos & Recommendations
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 3, 2008, 08:03:58 AM
  5. Matthew Herbert Interview
    By peloquin in forum General Yakkity Yak
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 9, 2006, 01:26:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •