• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCur6KJB6BA[/youtube]

this song has been doing it for me lately. dont groan b/c its dave matthews, check it out.

The Maker by Daniel Lanois

Comment

• i!!ustrious
      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by tiddles
      i can't pick just one
      [YOUTUBE]FE6MpQXqU4g[/YOUTUBE]
      he has so much depth in his playing
      [YOUTUBE]N2kxEZUk8Mk[/YOUTUBE]
      this is truly beautiful; think i mght have heard of this guy before. imho, the most beautiful music lives within 50's - 80's rare groove and sub-genres of jazz.
      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        • Mar 2008

always been fond of...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkm-i0ZdEpQ[/YOUTUBE]
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• i!!ustrious
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by res0nat0r
          [YOUTUBE]yCur6KJB6BA[/YOUTUBE]

this song has been doing it for me lately. dont groan b/c its dave matthews, check it out.

The Maker by Daniel Lanois
          this just made me feel better, thanks!
          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

^cool

Comment

• pisana
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jan 2008

i'll play though it's hard to pick just 2 cos i have heaps to post.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWmrfgj0MZI[/youtube]

and which is probably my fave

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLG8oXsIy_I[/youtube]

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by bobjuice
                [YOUTUBE]0Z4cLmbw6q0[/YOUTUBE]

or .....

[YOUTUBE]zrhZs6M5Z3w[/YOUTUBE]

Thought of Aphex too, Richard James is amazing
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• AntonyM
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                  Love Charlie's playing .. 1st got into him through Metheny's double album 80/81, that has one of the most sublime sax solos of all time from Michael Brecker (rip ) on "Every Day I Thank You" ... couldn't find the 80/81 version - but here's a later live one:

[YOUTUBE]v6LHo3Tnmcw[/YOUTUBE]

I've got Charlie's stuff with Ornette Coleman but need to check out his East West stuff, which I've never got round to doing
                  Brecker Yes!, just saw Steely Dan a couple months ago, top five shows ever, was in tears it was so good, Ornette, you get +1k for mentioning him in a thread, check out Art Blakey, Phaoroh Sanders, Eric Dolphy, sax players rule
                  Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                  3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...

Am I close here?

Comment

• AntonyM
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2004

This song changed my life and have loved electronic music ever since

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDCYjb8RHk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Am I close here?

Comment

• AntonyM
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

Another one that made embrace electronic music

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLiai4gg_0Q[/YOUTUBE]

Am I close here?

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2008

Re:

[YOUTUBE]7qAiEIuUKOo[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• AntonyM
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2004

A couple more electronic styled ones

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLiai4gg_0Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbPkxg69KAs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCdvOO1vhCc[/YOUTUBE]

Am I close here?

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                            Platinum Poster
                            • May 2008

Re:

[YOUTUBE]a6aviqsbXhE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]rUxr-Wtz-Nw[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• AntonyM
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Oct 2004

Re:

Originally posted by Michael^Heaven

[YOUTUBE]7qAiEIuUKOo[/YOUTUBE]
                              you are the man, this track is a total classic

Am I close here?

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                                Platinum Poster
                                • May 2008

Re:

Yeh, that entire cd is brilliant. I can't believe that I still have that original copy after all of these years & all of the people that tried to steal it from me.

Comment

Working...