Cristiano is by far the best player in the world.. relentless scorer

Messi is from another planet.
      Well said

Comment

• barski
        Addiction started
        • May 2013

Re: Lionel Messi

The thing is, looking at the stats of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, they're pretty much at the same level.
        In my opinion, right now (2014 until now) Ronaldo and Messi are BOTH the best players in the world.

Yes, Messi is a fantastic player, but he doesn't always show it in the really important games.
        Messi was downright disappointing in the 2010 World-Cup.
        He was good, but not outstanding in the 2014 World-Cup.
        So, there's still room for improvement.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Feb 2009

Most definitely there is room for improvement... goals in important games? I Can discuss that with thousands of arguments but thats not the case..

At this weird level, score is not the key.. they both are animals on that matter...

Messi is a total player, he scores, he makes possible Neymar and Suarez to score, he has magic.. hard to explain really..

Messi is the center of best player ever discussion, no to be better than Cristiano..

Anyway, both of them are contemporary and everyone who love this sport should feel grateful to see them play.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Haziel
            Likes a finger upthere
            • Jan 2007

These last competions have confirmed and embedded Messi as the best. Close call by ronaldo but no man messi has a long way still to go while I think ronaldo is burning out with 2 seasons left at his best.

Comment

• Micko
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

Another stunning goal from Messi last night

Comment

• Krystyan
                Platinum Poster
                • Oct 2004

what a beast
                https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Feb 2009

Redundant, but he never stops to amaze the world with his magic.. If he has a good day there is no way to stop him.. And if Suarez and Neymar are inspired, Barcelona is unbeatable.

The only chance for Juventus on Saturday IMO is play the best game of the season and pray for those 3 not having a good day.

Comment

• Micko
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2004

Looking forward to the game tonight

Will be sure to stock up on the beers

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!

Messi is a total player, he scores, he makes possible Neymar and Suarez to score, he has magic.. hard to explain really..
                      i´ve just read this random comment which i think describes perfectly the idea

" I have never seen a player who is an excellent playmaker at the same time a prolific goal scorer, its either you are one of them. The likes of CR7, D.Costa, RVP, L.Suarez, Ibrahimovich, are prolific goal scorers but not play makers. The likes of Ronaldihno, Xavi, Iniesta, Ozil, are excellent playmakers but not prolific goal scorers. This is what amazes me, Messi is a perfect combination of the two. an excellent playmaker and a prolific goal scorer. Messi is like a Xavi, Iniesta inside a Thierry Henry. Messi has the body movement of Iniesta, the vision and pass accuracy of Xavi, and P.Scholes, the ball control of Dimiter Bebertov or even better, the finishing of Thierry Henry. How can a player have the highest assist at the same time the highest goal scorer. This guy is something else. Even after he was moved from his central role deep into the midfield and outwide on the flanks, it never changed anything much he's still scoring goals, he's still assisting goals. I can't even tell what Messi's natural position is, because he fits into every position very well as though it is his natural position, jack of all trade master of all, he's versatile, a utility player. At first I didn't like Messi because I was jealous of him I wished my favourite player was like him but I have no choice, I have to admit it, even the blind can see it, even his haters deep down in their heart know it, Messi is the ideal footballer.Messi is the best footballer yet"

Comment

• Haziel
                        Likes a finger upthere
                        • Jan 2007

Vamos Messi, Vamos Argentina!!! Que hoy dia tiene que ganar el fútbol y no la compra de árbitros y los malos manejos de la fifa/ conmebol. Aguante Argentina!!!!

Comment

• Haziel
                          Likes a finger upthere
                          • Jan 2007

What a sad day for football yesterday. I can't put myself to believe that chile is the champion of this Copa America.

This is probably going to be my only critique ever to messi, even though he is the greatest player in the world no doubt about that. Is that he has to stop making the decisions for the coaches and they need to stop listening to him. Obviously he hand picks them in this case I believe he picked martino for barcelona and the national team both failing to achieve their goals. I doubt coaches like Simeone or Bianchi would ever coach Argentina because they would have to deal with the messi politics. Yesterday sampaoli made the hardest yet most effective change in history of copa america finals by changing their star ( valdivia) without any hesitation. I can't imagine this ever happening with Messi.

The obvious sub change yesterday was tevez instead of higuain, but it seems like messi feels more comfortable having higuain on the pitch than tevez.

One thing is for sure This WC qualifiers chile will have it very tough and on every field that they play at, the home team will make sure they feel unsettled. Anyways my 2 cents.

Comment

• Haziel
                            Likes a finger upthere
                            • Jan 2007

Notevayaslio

Comment

• barski
                              Addiction started
                              • May 2013

I read Messi stops playing for the national team.

I really hope he changes his mind.
                              He's 31 in 2018, am I correct? That's probably his last chance to win the World Cup.
                              Miroslav Klose was 36 during the 2014 World Cup, so 31 is definitely not too old for a striker.

Comment

• kaufen
                                Fresh Peossy
                                • Nov 2015

Messi is from another planet. My favorute player.

Comment

Working...