Re: The Top 10 best Essential Mix's of all time according to Radio 1

John Digweed 02 @ Heaven
      ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• djkix
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

22nd May 2005: Sasha Maida Vale <-- was this the really experimental one? Can't remember. If so, I hated it. I just don't like it when they get too "cute" with their sets and it's not a regular dance set. Some may argue that's closed minded but hey, I think it was boring.

Noteworthy sets:

Diggers at Tall Tree 1995
        Diggers at Twilo 1999
        Sasha Feb 2000
        Lucien Foort 2001
        Parks & Wilson 2002
        S+D Delta Heavy Miami 2002
        Sasha Manumission 2002
        Diggers Heaven 2002
        Sasha Creamfields 2003
        Diggers Warehouse project 2007

Comment

• Dzone
          Platinum Poster
          • Jul 2004

Danny Rampling Emix 2005
          ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• Kinetic
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by djkix
            Parks & Wilson 2002

Ooooh, nice, that one was huge, would be on my list as well.
            "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
            http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• ChunkyFunk
              Fresh Peossy
              • Feb 2007

Dave Clarke Essential Mix of the year 00 was always one of my favs.

Comment

• djcheezwhiz
                Fresh Peossy
                • Aug 2004

another vote for the howells 2002 mix --- the tracks were stellar and the last hour or so it just goes to another level...

also enjoyed the sos 3 hour set (can't remember the year)...i've got most of them from 1999 to 2004 kicking around, and know there were some other solid mixes over the years...

Comment

• dodsy87
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2006

Yeah lawlers from 2003 is up there for me, there are so many e-mixes though. OOOOOOOHHH, the Moshic mix from 2003, fuuuuck, how good is that set??? Completely forgot i had that, going to give it a listen now. Wicked.

Comment

• dodsy87
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2006

And yes djcheezwhiz, that Howells 2002 mix is hard to beat.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Josh Wink's 2009 EM is well worth checking out too - replayed it today (and updated the tracklist), awesome stuff.

Josh Wink - Essential Mix 2009

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QHFZ4E16

01. JPLS - Combination [M_nus | MINUS65]
                      02. Wink - Are You There (Acapella) [Ovum Recordings | OVM110]
                      03. Rhythm & Sound & Tikiman - Ruff (Afefe Iku Remix) [White Label | ARP001]
                      04. Josh Wink - Counter Clock 319 [Ovum Recordings | OVM194]
                      05. Peter Sliwinski featuring Echoplex - Microplex Part 1 [Synewave | SW78D]
                      06. Winx - Don't Laugh [Nervous Old Skool | NOS3]
                      07. Crowdpleaser & Ly Sander - XYZ [Drumpoet Community | DPC_0201]
                      08. Taho - Shambhalla (WiNK Interpretation) [Ovum Recordings | OVM183]
                      09. KiNK & Neville Watson - Blueprint [Hour House Is Your Rush Records | HHYR2]
                      10. Thom Yorke - The Eraser (Wink Interpretation) [XL Recordings | CDR]
                      11. Laven & MSO Feat. Malte - Reach (Alte Schule Acid Instrumental) [Klang Elektronik | KLANG128]
                      12. DJ Minx - A Walk In The Park (Wink's Run Through The Park Reinterpretation) [M_nus | MINUS26]
                      13. D'Julz - Just So You Know (2000 and One Remix) [Ovum Recordings | OVM188]
                      14. Josh Wink - Everybody To The Sun [Ovum Recordings | OVM90073]
                      15. Gregor Tresher - 95 Days [Ovum Recordings | OVM195]
                      16. Alexkid - Mocco Version 1 [Cadenza Split Composition | CSC02]
                      17. Kelvin K - My Pal [Hudd Traxx | HUDD019]
                      18. Andre Crom & Luca Doobie - Parklife (Mirco Violi & Sercan Remix) [OFF Recordings | OFF02]
                      19. Kerri Chandler - ESC [Deeply Rooted House | DRHCD001]
                      20. DJ Sneak - All Over (My Face)! 2008 [Downtown 161 | DT1636]
                      21. Guillaume & The Coutu Dumonts - I Was On My Way To Hell [Circus Company | CCS031]
                      22. Peter Van Hoesen - Casual Care [Time To Express | t2x02]
                      23. Wink - Superfreak (Freak) (Original Mix) [Ovum Recordings | OVM150]
                      24. Pigon - Kamm [Beatstreet | BS03]
                      25. Martyn - Vancouver [3024 | 3024002]
                      26. Portishead - Magic Doors (Noise Floor Crew Remix) [White Label | nfc001B]
                      27. Shed - The Lower Upside Down [Ostgut Ton | OSTGUTLP02]
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• trick12
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jul 2007

Matthew dekay 2004, some serious goods in there, one of the best intros ever imo
                        Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• arniepalmer
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Nov 2004

Tyrant 2000. Blistering set.

Comment

Working...