• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funky Dredd
    Are you Kidding me??
    • May 2005

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Just got mine

Hey Matt tell your dad from one vet to another, Happy Veterans Day!
    Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• ganjamo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2006

I'm downloading it from Steam as I type
      Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• Funky Dredd
        Are you Kidding me??
        • May 2005

I played a few matches and I was also getting matches that wouldn't connect. They started and then just froze so I started playing against the bots. It was a blast going 27 and 1 against them

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

I got it at midnight last night and played until 3:30am

I had no connection problems

Comment

• Funky Dredd
            Are you Kidding me??
            • May 2005

Your PS3 though, correct?

I've read a few reports where it was slow on connection with the XBox. I won't be able to play again until Thursday or Friday so hopefully everyone will get their fix in by then?

Comment

• kevinchaapel
              Banned
              • Nov 2010

bla bla spammer go away
              Last edited by TomTom; December 3, 2010, 02:15:27 PM.

Comment

• maddlingo
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Is it worth the buy?
                "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• audiotherapy
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

single player is alright, wish it feels more like mw2 in multiplayer, but its more of the world at war look and feel.

oh yeah you can get out of your chair in the menu screen, walk to the terminal and play games... pretty neat.

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by maddlingo
                    Is it worth the buy?
                    I think so. I got to play again for a few minutes last night and I really like it. Like audiotherapy said it's more on the line WaW (which I really liked).

Comment

• GregWhelan
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Can anybody give me any tips on getting better in multiplayer.

Here is my experience:

I play free-for-all and will walk around, trying to stay close to walls etc - out of the blue I just get taken out, a lot of the time from behind me. Are these people just quicker than me? Or am I missing a trick? My current score is 5 - will I get any benefits from increasing that rank?

I do have some success. But I do tend to only get 5-8 kills a match, and will always die 10-15 times.

I have tried finding nooks and crannies, sitting there and waiting for someone to walk past, but that gets boring very quickly. But then I walk around and get blitzed!

Help!

Comment

• audiotherapy
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

For me, lag was a big issue, my knife hits never register(thou it could be how shitty the hit markers work in this game),
                        But there is the option of network locality, local, global etc... it helps alot, i never had full green bars prior to changing the network preference to local.

otherwise is just map memorization, knowing all the kill spots.

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • May 2005

Is this for MW2 or Black Ops? You really need to look at your perks. In MW2 I use the Scavenger/scavenger pro perk (perk 1), Cold Blooded/Cold Blooded Pro (perk 2) and ninja/ninja pro (perk 3). Using perk 2 and 3 with cold blooded and ninja does 2 things, first cold blooded hides you on radar and also sniping scopes and second ninja quiets your footsteps. Also you may want to switch out your guns and find something that your comfortable with and can get better accuracy. In MW2 I use the Famas, ACR and Intervention.

In Black Ops I haven't played that much yet to get comfortable with the guns or the perks as I am constantly switching them around until I find one I like the best. My current favorite is the M14 with the reflex scope, I'm really digging that for most of the boards that I have played but I haven't played all of them yet.

I will tell you that there is nothing I hate more than a camper or a toober. I hunt them down if they either pick me off or shoot me with a toob, If your five feet in front of me don't use a toob, it's a wimpy way out of using bullets. I know there are boards for that and I understand that but to just sit in one place and camp or toob just to get your numbers up irritates me.

Currently in MW2 I'm 10th Prestige and in Black Ops I just hit level 30 last night, if I had more time to play this week I probably would be higher. That's another thing too, after you start playing longer you will be right up there with the rest of them. Of course you are always going to have a bad game but it takes practice. Also keep an eye on the radar and try playing Team Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch Express, that will help because you are with a team and you can watch others a little better without being killed so much (like in free for all). You'd be amazed at what you can pick up by watching a teammate play the game.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Cheers Funky - gotta disagree on the camper thing though - I tried running around and got battered continuously!

I am a little better now (and dont camp so much). On rank 8 and I am for the first time killig more than I'm getting killed.

Perks - how do you use them exactly? I never understand that side of things. All the symbols etc? Do I have to activate them or are they just part of my character? I know when I kill 3 in a row I click right on the D pad to activate the radar

Comment

• GregWhelan
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

I'm getting better. And consequently enjoying it more. On rank 15 now. It's a great game. I am still astonished at how good some of the other people are. One guy had 30 kills and zero deaths. I just dont know how that is possible?? Gotta be a student!

What is the limit? Anyone know? Rank 99? Or do you just keep going. Put Cod2 MW in this evening and noticed some guys were rank 70 odd.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                                Double hoodie beer monster
                                • Jun 2004

Level 50 is the highest for Black Ops, but when you hit Level 50 you can prestige and start over. There are 15 prestiges, so there's essentially 750 levels. I'm on my second round already... I played a game a couple hours ago in HCDM where I went 30 and 2

Comment

Working...