Amazing old school party! Full energy!! Enjoy
    Part 1

Part 2
    "superdeepsexyhypergroovalicioustrpfunkhousevi bes"
  • fatalfelix
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Re: Old School: Sasha @ Club Shaboo 1990

Whehe, it's still funny to see this old energetic raves with only real house music addicts. It reminds me btw of a old Sasha interview where he said: "In the beginning I didn't even knew where the pitch was for, I thought it was the volume" XD.
    "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Wow, what a blast from the past this is Reminds me of clubbing when I was 14 back in 1994... Thats nearly exactly how my friends were too.... well maybe not quite as energetic actually

That first track is awesome btw. The vocals are totally from that era. The second track in the first video sounds real familiar, anyone know the names of these tracks?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• jackdaniels
        Addiction started
        • Aug 2008

^
        Together - Hardcore Uproar
        4 For Money - It's A Moment In Time (Club Version)
        sigpic

Comment

• jackdaniels
          Addiction started
          • Aug 2008

Not gonna lie, but the new remix of hardcore uproar is a guilty pleasure of mine.

sigpic

Comment

• GregWhelan
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Hazarding a guess that chunky was at this night

Comment

• chunky
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by fatalfelix
              Whehe, it's still funny to see this old energetic raves with only real house music addicts. It reminds me btw of a old Sasha interview where he said: "In the beginning I didn't even knew where the pitch was for, I thought it was the volume" XD.
              Opposed to standing there with your mobile phone filming the DJ while doing some chicken dancing

The difference between now & twenty years ago, people didn't look like they where going through the motions. It was going off big time. The days of freaky dancing are long gone, now everyone just stands there rubbing their arms back and forward like a chicken
              Originally posted by res0nat0r
              OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by chunky
                The days of freaky dancing are long gone, now everyone just stands there rubbing their arms back and forward like a chicken
                So true.... then again, the days of House music sounding like trance are long gone as well

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• subterFUSE
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by chunky
                  Opposed to standing there with your mobile phone filming the DJ while doing some chicken dancing

The difference between now & twenty years ago, people didn't look like they where going through the motions. It was going off big time. The days of freaky dancing are long gone, now everyone just stands there rubbing their arms back and forward like a chicken
                  That has to be the most retarded looking event I've ever seen involving Digweed. No one is dancing.
                  To be fair, I'm sure there were a lot more drugs at the old Sasha party.... but at the same time, I wouldn't expect people to dance as much to a pure techno track like Funk D'Void - Italoca the same as they would to the music from those Sasha videos. People like vocals and melodies.

Comment

• gizze
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2010

Good point, house is now for DJ's and technology lovers, none of my my mates wives/girlfriends would go to a night anymore unless dragged.
                    Where as they all went to the illegal events back in the day as it was musical, it had a melody and it had a hooky vocal, sure there was the odd trance tune dropped in, but it was the exception and because of that it worked for them.
                    Sasha has started playing some more musical stuff lately and his latest sets are appealing more to my missus, but we were playing some old tunes recently and she said "We should go to a night playing this stuff soon." but there isn't nights playing this stuff.

Stuff we were playing.....

Just cool dance tunes that the girls also like.
                    My Soundcloud page...
                    GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• subterFUSE
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Nov 2006

Yup. Too much techno these days. Not enough "music".

Comment

Working...