X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Android 3.0 - Honeycomb

Anybody play with this yet? I just installed it on my Android emulator and it's pretty slick. For those who haven't heard anything about it, it's essentially Android's version of an iPad competitor OS.

I'm eyeing the LG G-Slate pretty hard... only a few months left before it'll probably be mine

• dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Android 3.0 - Honeycomb

Rather interesting... more importantly what are you using for your Android emu?
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• picklemonkey
      • Jun 2004

If you go check out http://developer.android.com you can download the SDK. It contains an emulator package along with an update system that lets you download/install all of the latest Android OS packages for developer testing

Comment

• threehills
        I heart Lollergirl
        • Jun 2005

would this let me use android apps on my PC? There are a couple of apps I'd like to be able to use outside my phone.
        It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• picklemonkey
          • Jun 2004

yeah. They don't have the market in the emulator but if you download the .apk file to your computer, there are ways to install it. I have done it with multiple apps

Comment

• threehills
            I heart Lollergirl
            • Jun 2005

Cool! Will have to check it out. Thanks!
            It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• zen313
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Using my Xoom right now. It's definitely a little early. NO SD card or Flash support yet, but as with any major revamp of an OS, these things will take time.

Overally Honeycomb rocks. It will definitely take over the smartphone arena in time, especially on 4.3 inch screens.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                • Jun 2004

Ok, I just bought the Motorola Xoom WiFi on Amazon. It's supposed to ship somewhere around March 27.

I had enough in gift cards to cover all but $29! I don't care how early this is... it's gonna be worth $29. EXCITED!

Comment

• dusk
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

I've heard plenty good things about the Xoom..... tablet wars going on in my head now :s

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

Since the wifey has an iPhone and with me traveling a lot over recent times, getting the iPad (for facetime) will be really worth it. I am an android fan too but have been wanting an apple toy for a bit.

But the Xoom DEFINITELY is an interesting option, though I'm not too sure about Motorola
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    Originally posted by ace_dl
                    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• dusk
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                      Since the wifey has an iPhone and with me traveling a lot over recent times, getting the iPad (for facetime) will be really worth it.
                      The best thing since slice bread! I speak with my sis & mom almost daily and I love it, no extra charges....booyah

Edit - Skype and Viber on the iphone/ipad work excellent as well.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                        • Jun 2004

I got my Xoom a few days ago and I'm in love with it

i recommend everyone get one if you have nothing better to do with your money

Comment

Working...