X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paxahau
    Fresh Peossy
    • Mar 2009

[DET] Official Movement 2011 Opening Party feat. Cassy - May 27th

The Official Paxahau Movement 2011 Opening Party featuring...

Cassy

Cassy is Catherine Britton, born in Kingston Upon-Thames to a Caribbean Father and an
    Austrian mother. At a young age, she moved to Austria and attended school in Vienna.
    Already accustomed to the life of an entertainer as both a singer and actress, Cassy was
    ready when she was introduced to DJ'ing in Vienna. Cassy would tag along with an older
    female DJ, Electric Indigo, to gigs and it was decided that Cassy should learn in order to
    not pay for her trips. Cassy eventually ended up in Geneva where she was introduced to
    Luciano at a friend's studio in 2003. Cassy soon moved to Berlin where she was offered a
    residency at the legendary Panoramabar in Berghain after she DJ'ed for Luciano's Cadenza
    party.

Since then, Cassy has grown into an internationally recognized DJ and producer. Her
    production credits include collaborations with Steve Bug, Ricardo Villalobos, Luciano,
    DJ Elin, Dave The Hustler, Mathew Jonson and Swayzak. She has a diverse body of work
    on such highly-regarded labels as Playhouse, Perlon, Ostgut Ton and Cocoon. Cassy also
    runs her own self-titled label as an outlet for her unique sound. In addition to her work
    as a producer, Cassy provides vocals for many of her tracks. In 2011, along with her
    recurring presence at Panoramabar, Cassy has additional residencies at Rex in Paris and
    Trouw in Amsterdam, the city in which she currently resides.

When it comes to her DJ sets, Cassy doesn't subscribe to any certain genre, instead she
    embraces all sounds from house to techno. Her approach to any dancefloor, whether it be
    for 30 or 3000 people, is about creating a distinctive drive balanced with a sense of warmth
    and soul. Cassy entices her audience to the dancefloor with a groove and then, with each
    new track, she gently guides the listener into the present moment. For Cassy, DJing is about
    presenting herself through her mixes and track selection, to intuit her environment and go
    with the flow of the changing energy in a room. It's why crowds all across the world now
    recognize Cassy as a truly special talent.

w/ opening selections from Paxahau resident

John Johr

Oslo
    1456 Woodward Ave
    Detroit, MI 48226
    18+

very limited capacity!

ticket's available here:

more info and details soon...
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: [DET] Official Movement 2011 Opening Party feat. Cassy - May 27th

Saw her in Miami, really great set, spun vinyl, solid mixing.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Caley Martin
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Oct 2004

Re: [DET] Official Movement 2011 Opening Party feat. Cassy - May 27th

why oh why is this 18+
      For your aural infusion of Caley:
      http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
      http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
      http://ultrawizardsword.net
      RA: Caley