Wow, we had this happen to us in 1986 and it was scary as heck, thoughts and prayers with everyone in Aussie
When you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes....
Collapse
X
-
Re: When you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes....
Thousands of Ks . I am perfectly safe. Thing with the internet is that you know so many people from so many places . I have been worrying about people I normally see posting on our local forum who aren't at the moment. Pretty well the whole of the eastcoast is having storms and flash flooding. Just not to the level of Queensland and northern NSW. Damage here will most likely be property rather than people.
Brisbane is shut down.
A riverside restaurant called Drift, did, took off down the Brisbane river.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: When you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes....
never said i was upset, just in poor taste that's all, carry onNormally the statement, "when you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes..." finishes with, "....counterclockwise." It's one of the best-known bits of trivia. But, of course, when you're lured into the thread thinking this is what you'll find, you find something different, something more engaging. something not discussed on the thread before.
And somehow you thought it appropriate, based on thread title, to tell me to 'have some fucking class.'
Yes, you are a tightass.
u upset still?
edit: tell you what steve: i'll change the thread title to be more aligned with forum sensibilities. just name it and i'll change it.
didi: is there anything you don't find offensive? just curious.Comment
-
Re: When you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes....
grouphug.jpeg?
I'm sure Mariner wasn't aware of the fact that lives were being lost... the video looks like a river got flooded and car lots were being swept away. I haven't heard anything about massive floods in Australia and I have a friend in Sydney. Obviously this is a big deal and now that we are all educated about what's going on, act accordingly.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: When you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes....
Glad to hear you are far away from the situation DIDI. I hope all of your friends and family are safe as well.
I saw the initial video of them on the car this morning and it was so sad to see them there, and then by the time they got back they were missing. Its good to hear that they found the mother and child, but so sad that the father is missingAmazingly two of the people on the car have been found alive . The father is unfortunately still missing.
http://media.theage.com.au/?rid=7224...112-19nfw.html
I still can't get over the amount of damage that is being done and that this flood came out of nowhere....I was talking about it with co-workers today at work, and all of us said the same thing.....we wouldn't have a clue what to do in a situation like this. Seeing horrible situations like this really makes you realize you need to educate yourselves on how to handle situations of natural disasters....sigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
Re: When you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes....
^^^ Thank you DQ , there are some unbelievably sad stories, like the 13 year old boy who was swept away because he insisted they save his little brother, and the parents who died saving their children . I have found what people are doing for each totally inspirational. I am very proud to be an Aussie at the moment. We are fortunate that because we live in a first world country we don't have the incredible loss of life they way they did in Pakistan or Haiti, but that certainly doesn't make it any less sad. We are also incredibly lucky to have two amazing women working together to provide all the help as and when it is needed. Anna Bligh and Julia Gillard are doing a superb job. No grandstanding here. !!To say that you obviously aren't educated. Come back when you are.grouphug.jpeg?
I'm sure Mariner wasn't aware of the fact that lives were being lost... the video looks like a river got flooded and car lots were being swept away. I haven't heard anything about massive floods in Australia and I have a friend in Sydney. Obviously this is a big deal and now that we are all educated about what's going on, act accordingly.
Btw Don't make excuses for Marriner , he is obviously quite able to make his own.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Comment
-
Re: When you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes....
I can't believe you guys are more interested in playing a pathetic game of one up man ship with me . Did you go looking for more information. ??
Mariner. I'd rather you didn't send me any more pathetic pms. I would have liked to think our divergent opinions stayed in the politics forum. But obviously putting me in my place is more important to you than the disaster that is happening here.
Just for once consider it isn't about yourselves.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Comment
-
Re: When you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes....
^^^ I found something that may put it in context for your Sydney friend.That's the dam that feeds into the brisbane river.A volume of water equivalent to two Sydney Harbours is pouring over the vast dam's spillway into the river every 24 hours.
Yeah you are right, and thanks for putting up the donation link . I just came back from a walk and my glasses are fogging up.
I really can't believe how much our weather has changed in such a short time. Just about every river system on the east side of the continent has a flood warning issued at the moment.
But I don't want or need an apology, It wasn't about me.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: When you flush the toilet in Australia, the water goes....

Brisbane powerhouse flood sculptureAttached FilesComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment