• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Inter-Milan match ends in chaos

Taken from www.cnn.com

MILAN, Italy (Reuters) -- The Champions League quarterfinal between Inter Milan and city rivals AC Milan was abandoned after 73 minutes on Tuesday after Milan keeper Dida was struck by one of dozens of flares thrown down from the stands.

German referee Markus Merk took the players off the pitch at the San Siro stadium after Inter fans began hurling plastic bottles and then over 30 flares on to the penalty area below them after a header by Esteban Cambiasso was disallowed.

Dida received medical treatment to his shoulder while Inter players urged their fans to stop hurling objects on to the pitch.

The goal frame disappeared in clouds of smoke as flares continued to be rained down and burn on the pitch.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Inter-Milan match ends in chaos

i read about that on the drudge report. what bullshit. remember the world cup when the fans shot and killed a player because he accidentally struck a ball into his own goal? soccer is dangerous to play, man. fuck that noise. some people take sports too far. it is a fucking game, treat it like one.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• rubyraks
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

you got to add this crazy part, the refs restarted the match after the goalie was hit. But minutes afterwards, the fans threw tons more flares onto the field and then they finally abandoned the match.

How crazy are the refs? The goalie gets hit directly in the shoulder with a flare and they have the audacity to attempt to restart the match.
      "Work like you don't need the money.
      Love like you've never been hurt.
      Dance like nobody's watching.
      Sing like nobody's listening.
      Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
        i read about that on the drudge report. what bullshit. remember the world cup when the fans shot and killed a player because he accidentally struck a ball into his own goal? soccer is dangerous to play, man. fuck that noise. some people take sports too far. it is a fucking game, treat it like one.
        Andres Escobar was the player, killed by someone after they lost a bet on the match,or some shit like that. I remember seeing that match too. Had he not knocked it in, the US player right behind him would have scored anyway.

Comment

• peloquin
          Till I Come!
          • Jun 2004

i remember that too. its sad how out of control some people get.

Comment

• sammwalk
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

The violence isn't about the game anymore- it's been going on for so long that it has become custom. Holliganism :cry:

Comment

• MJ
              Here since 2002
              • Jun 2004

Fucking firey Italians should be banned from all competions imo, if that had have been us Brits causing the trouble there would have been a major investigation, our name would have been mud and we`d be banned.

Why they let them into the ground with all them flares in the first place baffles me.
              mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Musical Journey
                Why they let them into the ground with all them flares in the first place baffles me.
                Maybe they were anticipating a car wreck or a celebration of independence.
                A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• lmmadic
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

all that said they were right for being upset imo
                  sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• Kobe
                    I wish I had an interesting User title
                    • Jun 2004

This makes US sports look tame by comparison. I agree with MJ, they need to search those fans before they enter the stadium. They can beat on eachother all they want, but the players are there to do their job and don't need to be put in danger while doing so.
                    Beats are my crack.

Comment

• fumanchu182
                      Angantyr The Ruthless
                      • Jun 2004

Addition to the carnage... This is a good read.

The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

Working...