X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Big
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2004

The SWISS can suck my balls.

Well for the second time now the swiss have denied ireland getting into a major football tournament. in 2004 it was the Euros and last night we drew with switzerland which means we wont be going to the worldcup next year in germany..

shitty match at home in dublin and ireland played bollox, it just wont be the same with out us there.. every country loves hanging out with the irish during the world cup.... ah fuck it theres always 2010 to the next one.
    www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
    Pimps up Hoes down.
  • NastyD
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: The SWISS can suck my balls.

It seems to me that the trouble with the Irish team is that they hardly ever seem to win matches. They manage to draw enough times to get a good enough points total, then win a match that tips them over. It might get them into some tournemant finals, but they'll never win anything.

This isn't an Irish bashing fest by the way - I married one (second generation at least), just the state of the football.
    An ounce of image is worth a pound of performance.

Comment

• Kinetic
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Big
      it just wont be the same with out us there.. every country loves hanging out with the irish during the world cup.... ah fuck it theres always 2010 to the next one.
      I agree.

I remember a qualifier (I don?t remember for which tournament, I think it was for Euro 2000) that we played here in Lisbon against Ireland. We beat you guys 3-0, and I remember I got piss drunk at a pub after the game with a whole bunch of Irish supporters. Even after losing you guys were celebrating and enjoying it as much as we were. Great sportsmanship.

I always thought of the Irish as sort of our "Northern Europe spiritual brothers", so I felt sad when I saw that you guys hadn?t qualified.
      "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
      http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• Mr.Big
        Platinum Poster
        • Nov 2004

yeah ya see, we know our squad has always got by on hopes and dreams.. we just love to be involved. unlike some countrys we keep the support up even if we keep losing.. just sad to see us not in the worldcup.

I remember japan 2002 and everyone was in such a good mood, everyone was getting wasted in japan and at home in ireland, so many supporters remorgaged there house to make the trip.

Our country lost millions in the last world cup due to people not turning in for the work and being drunk haha... ah sure its a shame but i guess good luck to the rest of the teams.
        Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• geoffgulley
          Platinum Poster
          • Apr 2005

It's a sad state of affairs when the US becomes a regular in the world cup and not Ireland, and I live in the states. Whats worse is this country could give a rats ass about the sport or its own teams accomplishments. Having spent a good deal of time abroad and once spending a semester in Cork the passion people have for football (soccer to all my dimwitted American friends) is amazing. I have many a friend here who's lineage is Irish and they are the proudist people I know. They work hard, drink hard and are my favorite people to be around. I don't know squat about the sport in all honesty (hockey is my favorite sport, both playing and watching) other than some of the personalities, teams, rules etc. I couldn't tell you who's currently in the world cup and who's not but I do love watching it and the odd match here and there on cable. At least for this world cup I won't have to get up at 4am to catch matches.
          "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• Mr.Big
            Platinum Poster
            • Nov 2004

yeha i was actally in california for the last worldcup for the final two matchs.. it was fine cause there was a good few irish students there so the buzz was still there..

well the reason america always get in is because the groups there in to qualify or fairly easy to get through. in fairness our group besides france was easy enough and we should have made it.

It would be great to see the US more involved in there team as they did really well in the last worldcup and i still think that its the greatest and the biggest tournament in the world. I like rugby alot more than football, but even the rugby world cup or 6 nations doesnt compare.
            Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

...but damn they make good cheese.
              A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004

the swiss can suck my balls... during brunch with freddy prinz jr while eating lots of very chocolately things all the time

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

HAHAHA... and look, England won their group

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Well...I'd rather have seen the Irish on the World Cup Tournament as well...they have the coolest bunch of supporters out there IMO.
                      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• TomTom
                        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by Mr.Big
                        Well for the second time now the swiss have denied ireland getting into a major football tournament. in 2004 it was the Euros and last night we drew with switzerland which means we wont be going to the worldcup next year in germany..

shitty match at home in dublin and ireland played bollox, it just wont be the same with out us there.. every country loves hanging out with the irish during the world cup.... ah fuck it theres always 2010 to the next one.
                        saw this yesterday evening..really sad that you can't party with us next year. I heard our pub owners have cancelled half of their Beer order for the Tournament next year after they heard the news. But seriously, it?s always fun to have the Irish team on big tournaments as their fans are really awesome and know how to cheer a crowd up.

Comment

• Mr.Big
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                          saw this yesterday evening..really sad that you can't party with us next year. I heard our pub owners have cancelled half of their Beer order for the Tournament next year after they heard the news. But seriously, it?s always fun to have the Irish team on big tournaments as their fans are really awesome and know how to cheer a crowd up.
                          Cheers dude.. well im sure it will still be crazy. would have been great if the supporters were there to fuck some shit up and get messy drunk and puke all over the place..

Hey UNOME.. i wouldnt say england are favorite now, they got beatin by N.ireland recently for gods sake... there the crappest team in europe by far. england as usual will glorify themselves coming up to the world cup and get beatin in the second round or quaters.
                          Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

you can talk all you want about losing to N.I., who cares about that, we beat them 4-0 1st match, and we went back to the 4-4-2 and won two must wins. nuff said.
                            and as far as the worst team in europe? werent there a few countries that didnt make it to the finals next year?
                            euro champs greece, ireland, denmark..
                            losing in the 2nd round or 1/4's is better than not making it at all.

Comment

• peloquin
                              Till I Come!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by NastyD
                              It seems to me that the trouble with the Irish team is that they hardly ever seem to win matches. They manage to draw enough times to get a good enough points total, then win a match that tips them over. It might get them into some tournemant finals, but they'll never win anything.
                              *cough* liverpool *cough*

Comment

Working...