X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sooper
    Addiction started
    • Nov 2004

Sideways

I saw Sideways last night... its a slow story about two good buddies, and chicks and wine. Well made, with some good laughs.

Anyone else see it?
    We are the ones we've been waiting for.
  • Solo
    Getting warmed up
    • Nov 2004

no thanks to you I did not see it, jerk, but seriously I heard good things and its nice to see that the "word on the street" did not suck this time like it did for e.g spider

Comment

• the sun the sea
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Re: Sideways

my brother said it was a great movie and he's a reliable source, so i'll probably watch it later this week.
      download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• djstevendellis
        Fresh Peossy
        • Jun 2004

Saw this the other nite. one of the better flicks ive seen in the past year or so

Comment

• smack
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jul 2004

Yeah great little movie with some funny lines. It made me want to travel through California and do some wine tours.

Comment

• sooper
            Addiction started
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by smack
            It made me want to travel through California and do some wine tours.
            do some wine tours, and do some wild kinky asian girls.
            We are the ones we've been waiting for.

Comment

• Eric Morris
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jul 2004

within minutes I wanted wine and good food....interesting characters, felt it was kinda of slow too
              CMD^Center

Comment

• wopjob
                Fresh Peossy
                • Aug 2004

I am a big fan of Alexander Payne. Loved Election. Sideways, however, is NOT a great film. It is pleasant enough, but it is hardly a classic. It has all the depth of a sitcom pilot. Oh, and Thomas Hayden Church can't act. Period.

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

I found this movie to be one of the best of the last year, imo. I have NEVER felt so connected to a character as I did for Miles (Paul Giamatti) in this film. The guy has some serious acting talent and I genuinely began to feel sorry for the character.. The underlying parallels of this film are just fantastic and the script was superb. Thomas Hayden Church pulls of his character brilliantly. What one has to remember while watching him is that his character is basically a late 30s frat boy who hasn't grown up, and therefore much of his acting is immature and crude.

I definitely recommend this film to anyone who hasn't seen it. It would get my nod for Best Picture over 'Million Dollar Baby' & 'The Aviator'.
                  A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                    Vortexuralizor
                    • Jun 2004

this is one im really eager to see. giamatti is in fact a great actor. American Splendor was really good.
                    he's been good in everything ive sen him in. 'Pig Vomit' being the best !!!

Comment

• day_for_night
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

fantastic flick, very funny in several parts, and very sad in others. all the cast was superb.

*spoiler alert...*

when he just snaps about the merlot...it may have been the funniest scene in a movie this year.

Comment

• Roderik_London
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Sep 2004

Lacking big names and still getting nominated for the Oscars....some quality can;t be denied...

Comment

• funky_monkey
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Saw it yesterday. Very nice lil' movie, perfectly suited for mid-week, when u want to chill after tiresome day :P Really good acting I must admit, both male charcters are 100% believeable
                          Some really funny lines, I also loved that intelligent Bush-bashing scene
                          --The world is always three drinks behind--

Comment

• peloquin
                            Till I Come!
                            • Jun 2004

going to see this tonight, its the only best picture nominee that i havent seen yet (not that best picture nominee REALLY means anything.. but i generally like the "critics darlings" movies :P )

Comment

Working...