X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Reggie White.. RIP

just heard on ESPN, former Philadelphia Eagle and Green Bay Packer Defensive End, Reggie White, passed away from a heart attack at 43.

• HoneyBearKelly
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Great player. 43...that's just nuts.
    Cat formerly known as Cheshire
    *cue imperial death march"

Comment

• Weizy
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Jun 2004

Re: Reggie White.. RIP

man he was only 43! I guess sleep apnea is a serious thing...

he was a damn good defensive lineman though!

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

holy shit!!
        i was just watching him on some Packers highlight reel a few days ago.
        fucking sad sad news.

Comment

• sakio pod
          SALAD TOSSER
          • Jun 2004

horrible news......one of the nicest guys ever

Comment

• evangelion
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

This is just crazy!!!! If a 43 year old former world class athlete can just drop dead then we are all fucked. One of the greatest defensive players the NFL ever saw.

RIP "The Minister of Defense"

Comment

• DaStottman
              Addiction started
              • Dec 2004

43? That's awful! RIP Reggie :*(
              My Top 5 Tunes Of The Moment:

Beckers - Fake (Greg Churchill Remix)
              4Mal - Twilight
              Formulate - The Voice Of Qi
              Mat Leutwyler & Jason Suzuki - The Contended Gastronome (Kosmas Epsilon Remix)
              Classic Tune: Djum Djum - Difference

Comment

• zeronineteen
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

RIP
                Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.

Comment

• DJZeke
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

very shocking news RIP
                  DJZeke @ SoulSeek

Comment

• rewing3
                    I really don't care
                    • Jun 2004

Heard this yesterday. Still in Shock. That is just crazy. No let like I ever meet the guy or anything but he was so young to pass aways. Damn it just seems like he was playing football not to long ago.
                    Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
                      Heard this yesterday. Still in Shock. That is just crazy. No let like I ever meet the guy or anything but he was so young to pass aways. Damn it just seems like he was playing football not to long ago.
                      you are correct, I think he retired for the last time in 2000

Comment

• ezdude1970
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sakio pod
                        horrible news......one of the nicest guys ever

nice player maybe, nice guy i don't think so. you probably have not heard his famous 15 minutes speech about gays and minorities. He was one narrowminded religious freak.

I found the exact quote
                        "Homosexuals are trying to compare their plight with the plight of black men or black people," White said in part. "In the process of history, homosexuals have never been castrated, millions of them never died. Homosexuality is a decision. It's not a race."

What would be funny is to find out if it was a coke overdose, probably not, but there is always a hope!

Comment

• evangelion
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ezdude1970
                          nice player maybe, nice guy i don't think so. you probably have not heard his famous 15 minutes speech about gays and minorities. He was one narrowminded religious freak.

I found the exact quote
                          "Homosexuals are trying to compare their plight with the plight of black men or black people," White said in part. "In the process of history, homosexuals have never been castrated, millions of them never died. Homosexuality is a decision. It's not a race."

What would be funny is to find out if it was a coke overdose, probably not, but there is always a hope!
                          There's always hope that he died from a coke overdose?!!! That might be the stupidest comment I have ever seen in my almost 3 years on this board. So tell me, exactly what did Reggie White do to make you feel this way??? Beat your team in the playoffs??? Or maybe said some things you don't agree with??? Maybe his comment struck a nerve because they hit so close to home?? Granted his spiel about gays and Hispanic and Asians was straight out of line. But to wish an overdose on him is even worse. Those comment in no way diminish what he did on the field or off. Anyone who knows anything about the man knows that he was as good a person off the field as he was on. And to wish a particular death, or any type of death, on him shows not only your stupidity, but your ignorance as well.

Here's hoping you OD on New Year's Eve, dumbass.

Comment

• ezdude1970
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by _evangelion_
                            Originally posted by ezdude1970

I found the exact quote

There's always hope that he died from a coke overdose?!!! That might be the stupidest comment I have ever seen in my almost 3 years on this board. So tell me, exactly what did Reggie White do to make you feel this way??? Beat your team in the playoffs??? Or maybe said some things you don't agree with??? Maybe his comment struck a nerve because they hit so close to home?? Granted his spiel about gays and Hispanic and Asians was straight out of line. But to wish an overdose on him is even worse. Those comment in no way diminish what he did on the field or off. Anyone who knows anything about the man knows that he was as good a person off the field as he was on. And to wish a particular death, or any type of death, on him shows not only your stupidity, but your ignorance as well.

Here's hoping you OD on New Year's Eve, dumbass.

I am not going to get into verbal exchange with you. But I will tell you my stand on Reggie White, he was a dumbass football player, and as far as a defensive lineman was overrated at best. He stroked me as an ignorant person who was hiding behind his religious believes.

In term of your comment that ?I wished a particular death on him?. Let me disagree with you there. My comment happened after his death occurred so it was a mere speculation to the cause of his death. It might come out a little harsh, but the reason for that was not addressed to Reggie, it was more towards ESPN making him a hero and a Role Model now, which let me assure you he was not.

Hopefully it made a little clear for you to the roots of my comments. And one more thing I want to clarify, I am not apologizing to you or anybody else here, just making sure that my message is not misinterpreted.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

^^^^ who cares if it was misinterpreted. youre an idiot.. I hope THAT isnt misinterpreted.

Comment

Working...