Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Re: Hernan Cattaneo (5hrs+). Fri 28th Oct. Billboard

2 Days to go !!!
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

tonight's the nite - down under time.

have fun everyone
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Not sure I want to share jk!

I had an amazing weekend. Starting with the wonderful fellow Hernan fans at Billboard. You all know who you are!! No matter how Hernan plays it is the most danceable music on the planet , and that isn't just my opinion. He drops every track exquisitely at exactly the right time. !! His mixes are immaculate. As I said before I didn't notice one missed beat in the 3 gigs I was lucky enough to see. !

Sydney started off badly finding I was in Sydney and he was stuck in Melbourne. But our faith was rewarded. He didn't let us down. Arrived 2 hours late to a packed room which stayed that way until he stopped!! They loved him , being selfish I wish there could have been just a few less of them. Dancing properly was a bit out of the question and that is a sacrilege to Hernan's music Shorter set meant a bit harder as well. But just the sheer musicality of his music is always there. I think over the last few days I have used up most of my superlatives, But he does that long flawless single track thing better than anyone. Despite Alan Joyce [CEO of Qantas, who canned all qantas flights on Saturday ], he showed us how yet again this weekend.

Canberra, Very, very late again , which was a shame because even while I was there a lot of people gave up on him getting there , others turned up late expecting him to be there later. So it balanced out a little. I feel so sorry for those who had to leave, because he really delivered a perfectly formed 3 hour set , full of the beautiful tracks he hadn't been able to play over the rest of the tour , some from my favourite radio show of the moment, 023! I don't think a three hour set has ever gone so fast. I felt I could have danced forever, and I certainly wanted to !!

I got to quite a few shows over the year and while some are truly great, I usually walk out feeling something is missing. But as soon as Hernan starts to play it's all there, total and complete. I never walk out feeling I have missed out , although like all great things, the more you have the more you want . It totally amazes me that after hearing him play and progress over 7 years it always happens. And I am always surprised Why does it happen? Talent obviously , incredible hard work , but where it all stems from, that all encompassing love of this amazing music that we are so lucky to share with him and that he wants so badly to share with us.! Even to the extent of flying in an aged plane with a child pilot to Sydney to make sure we all get to hear and dance to it.

I wasn't lucky enough to get to Brisbane , but I know he thought it was amaaaaazing And from the reports on Brisbane so did everyone else.

Mostly I think I just feel incredibly grateful that he loves his fans here in australia enough to make the incredibly long journey every year to share his music with us. Common sense tells us he doesn't have to ! We have too small a population to make it a very lucrative exercise and that even an aged plane with a child pilot would take a chunk of the profit.

I think I've run a out of superlatives now, have to learn some more for the next time I see him. And I probably ended up over sharing

For everything, Hernan Cattaneo . Thank you !!

Reproduced from my local forum . Even the emoticons
          Last edited by DIDI; November 3, 2011, 07:48:59 PM.
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• dodsy87
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2006

I totally agree. Hernan gets better every time I see him. I feel he is the Jimi Hendrix of DJing, minus of course the drugs alcohol etc. His way of expressing his music is effortless. Every track nurtures one another as if they were meant to be played together. His build and his crowd reading is the best I have seen of a DJ, as his tracks do not have an IN YOUR FACE character, but everyones emotions get caught up in his magic. My friend came, who really is not into that music, and he had a ball. If you are wanting a spiritual experience with dance music, Hernan Cattaneo is your answer. Long live Hernan Cattaneo, there are not enough people in the scene that posses his profile, which is accuracy, humbleness, professionalism and down right talent. Instead there are two many poser wannabes like the dickheads that went on stage and carried on on like fuckheads with Hernan behind the decks, understand who your dealing with, this isnt a bloody beetroots or crookers show or some hack DJ show that you are used to going to in Melbourne. Leave your flat brimmed baseball cap at home with the rest of the garbage you wear and get real. Your the problem with clubbing in Melbourne.

It was nice to finally meet you as well DIDI

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Nice to meet you as well. Sorry if i was a little distracted , I was in a a highly excitable state Had so many people come up to me and ask if i was excited. As if I wasn't ? I have great taste in Djs !!

Totally agree with everything you say here. But if you thought those guys were bad , the Sydney crowd were 10 times worse and most of the crowd were like that !! I'm not easily intimidated, in fact I don't think I have felt intimidated in any club I have ever been to anywhere in the world. But the Sydney crowd did it. If it had been any other Dj in the world I would have left. But wasn't missing out on one beat of his music for anything and yes definitely a spiritual experience and for Hernan as well !

Most definitely without the drugs and alcohol He gets high on music, which is as it should be

Btw I think Jim Morrison is a better fit for Hernan

Comment

• dodsy87
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2006

Hahaha, yeah true, Jim Morrison is an obvious choice

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and child pilots - Australia provides quite a review !

glad it was fun
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Fun doesn't even remotely cover it

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
                      Not sure I want to share jk!

I had an amazing weekend. Starting with the wonderful fellow Hernan fans at Billboard. You all know who you are!! No matter how Hernan plays it is the most danceable music on the planet , and that isn't just my opinion. He drops every track exquisitely at exactly the right time. !! His mixes are immaculate. As I said before I didn't notice one missed beat in the 3 gigs I was lucky enough to see. !

Sydney started off badly finding I was in Sydney and he was stuck in Melbourne. But our faith was rewarded. He didn't let us down. Arrived 2 hours late to a packed room which stayed that way until he stopped!! They loved him , being selfish I wish there could have been just a few less of them. Dancing properly was a bit out of the question and that is a sacrilege to Hernan's music Shorter set meant a bit harder as well. But just the sheer musicality of his music is always there. I think over the last few days I have used up most of my superlatives, But he does that long flawless single track thing better than anyone. Despite Alan Joyce [CEO of Qantas, who canned all qantas flights on Saturday ], he showed us how yet again this weekend.

Canberra, Very, very late again , which was a shame because even while I was there a lot of people gave up on him getting there , others turned up late expecting him to be there later. So it balanced out a little. I feel so sorry for those who had to leave, because he really delivered a perfectly formed 3 hour set , full of the beautiful tracks he hadn't been able to play over the rest of the tour , some from my favourite radio show of the moment, 023! I don't think a three hour set has ever gone so fast. I felt I could have danced forever, and I certainly wanted to !!

I got to quite a few shows over the year and while some are truly great, I usually walk out feeling something is missing. But as soon as Hernan starts to play it's all there, total and complete. I never walk out feeling I have missed out , although like all great things, the more you have the more you want . It totally amazes me that after hearing him play and progress over 7 years it always happens. And I am always surprised Why does it happen? Talent obviously , incredible hard work , but where it all stems from, that all encompassing love of this amazing music that we are so lucky to share with him and that he wants so badly to share with us.! Even to the extent of flying in an aged plane with a child pilot to Sydney to make sure we all get to hear and dance to it.

I wasn't lucky enough to get to Brisbane , but I know he thought it was amaaaaazing And from the reports on Brisbane so did everyone else.

Mostly I think I just feel incredibly grateful that he loves his fans here in australia enough to make the incredibly long journey every year to share his music with us. Common sense tells us he doesn't have to ! We have too small a population to make it a very lucrative exercise and that even an aged plane with a child pilot would take a chunk of the profit.

I think I've run a out of superlatives now, have to learn some more for the next time I see him. And I probably ended up over sharing

For everything, Hernan Cattaneo . Thank you !!

Reproduced from my local forum . Even the emoticons
                      wow, great review di. i am jealous as i havent seen hernan in almost 6 years now he doesnt come to miami like he used to besides wmc.

Comment

Working...