X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmglobal
    Gold Gabber
    • Sep 2004

How was WMC??

I thought a space should be created for those of you who made it down to Miami last week to share your stories of your experiences...we're dying to know what your favorite night/day was, who surprised you, who dissapointed, crazy hotel stories, most embarrassing...
    Hope everyone had fun!!
    Peace.
  • DavidJoseph
    Getting Somewhere
    • Oct 2004

Re: How was WMC??

the need to wear sunglasses 24/7, cancelled parties...some dope music, set of conference by Damian Lazarus...

there's more..just too tired to reiterate it all.
    "Perceptions" on Proton Radio hosted by Dres and David Josephs every second Monday of the month: www.protonradio.com

David Josephs mixes: http://www.spectivedance.com/andres/...vid%20Josephs/

Comment

• peloquin
      Till I Come!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DavidJoseph
      set of conference by Damian Lazarus...

i missed him when he was in town 2 weeks ago :cry:

Comment

• 3d_1200
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

favorite sets: Olivier Berge who opened for pig and dan
        Clive Henry who opened for Lawler.

both were dark and dirty. i was only able to recognize a couple tracks from henry's set and none from Berge's. Berge was also the biggest suprise as i had never heard of him prior to that night. If anyone knows anything about him, please share.

disapointement: The Saw Party was CANCELLED! But other then that, Desyns at the bedrock party was the most disapointing - im not sure what happend but the music cut out twice, digweed even kind of pointed at him when it happend. his set didnt seem to go anywhere, and luke fair stole the show with out a doubt. Jimmy van m didnt show.

hotel story: getting kicked out our hotel for smoking a blunt only to get it back an hour later and also have our drinks comped at the hotel bar for the rest of the trip.

favorite club - state although it was hot as hell inside, there was a good vibe and great sound.. although space is pretty cool, esp being on the terrace at 7am.
        http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• rewing3
          I really don't care
          • Jun 2004

Sounds like everyone had a good time at WMC. Can't wait to here some of the WMC sets over the next week or so.
          Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• lukef
            Fresh Peossy
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by 3d_1200
            Desyns at the bedrock party was the most disapointing - im not sure what happend but the music cut out twice, digweed even kind of pointed at him when it happend.
            Hey man...glad you liked the set. Though I just want to point out that the sound issues were not Desyn's fault at all. I had the sound cut out twice when I opened and the monitors would cut in and out all night. Also, one my cds that he was to mix out of must have been scratched and died in the cd player and stopped the music completely.
            Unfortunately he was the one standing up there when it happened.

Luke

Comment

• mmglobal
              Gold Gabber
              • Sep 2004

Every dj's been there, it's not a matter of IF it happens...cuz it will.

It's all about the recovery.
              Peace.

Comment

• 3d_1200
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lukef
                Originally posted by 3d_1200
                Desyns at the bedrock party was the most disapointing - im not sure what happend but the music cut out twice, digweed even kind of pointed at him when it happend.
                Hey man...glad you liked the set. Though I just want to point out that the sound issues were not Desyn's fault at all. I had the sound cut out twice when I opened and the monitors would cut in and out all night. Also, one my cds that he was to mix out of must have been scratched and died in the cd player and stopped the music completely.
                Unfortunately he was the one standing up there when it happened.

Luke

thanks for clearing that up - i wasnt sure what to think as it happend twice in a matter of like 20 minutes or so. I didnt get there until mazi was finishing up. Shit happens. It was pretty cool how john was hanging out on the street by the door and greeted us when we came in.
                http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• Pataky P
                  asdf_imo
                  • Jun 2004

Last year i think Hernan Cattaneo..not?

Comment

• code11
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Not as much fun as years past. I am still recovering and will post more later.

Comment

• musicnazi
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Jul 2004

james holden rocked my world... mr howells at bed was fantastic...

Comment

• skahound
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DavidJoseph
                        set of conference by Damian Lazarus...
                        I couldn't agree with you more. The show of the conference was the Hallucination Party on Wednesday night at the Marlin. The only downside to the whole evening was the fact that it was hotter than hell in The Marlin. I ended up dipping right before Three went on because I couldn't breathe. Thank god I got to see Damian's set though. Abso-fucking-lutely AMAZING. As he walked through the crowd on his way out I had to stop him and tell him that I thought it was far-and-away one of the best sets I've EVER heard. He threw down some of the most evil, twisted tracks I've heard and the man was just brilliant with his mixes and effects. The whole night was incredible and Mazi deserves some proper respect for his set as well.

Other than that my highlights include seeing Nic Fanciulli at the LMR Party (along with [ms]ers: neoee, jibgolly, code11, picklemonkey, djmatthew, evangelion) on Thursday and dancing my fuggin ass off in front of the booth for his entire set. What an amazing talent he is. I implore all of you to check him out if you're lucky enough to have him appear within 500 miles of you. Truely brilliant. The Spleen Records party thrown by Mehmet was a wonderful time as well and had one of the best lineups of the conference (Bill Patrick, Desyn, Ozgur Can, Barish Turker, Dan Berkson, Dr Kucho, etc etc etc) not to mention the fact that it turned out to be the 2nd offical unofficial [ms] meetup (me, chuckc, remoh, rubyraks, picklemonkey, ftc, code11, holy shit I'm drawing a blank). Anyway, someone out there has pics of the event.

Last but not least, Sasha & Digweed. The only thing I could've wished for was that it had been in a better venue. Hell, it could've been in Abu Ghraib and it would've been a better venue. But what a helluva show!

Well, I will post pictures and video later but I have to go get something to eat for the 2nd time since last Wednesday.
                        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• rubyraks
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

I had a great time...took the red eye back to nyc this morning and went straight to work...need more much more sleep. Will post much more including pics of many of your favorite MS post-whores later. :wink:

Nice meeting you all...details to come...very sleepy........................
                          "Work like you don't need the money.
                          Love like you've never been hurt.
                          Dance like nobody's watching.
                          Sing like nobody's listening.
                          Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• frisky
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Im still recovering... HUGE thanks to all that made it out to the frisky party on Sat. Great meeting rubyraks there! It was good to see Kevin Shiu, Steve Porter and Kramer at out party too! Good meeting everyone that came out! Jondi and Spesh played an extra long 5+ hour set at our party and we literally had the party stoped at around 5am...

The entire party was recorded and will be played on friskyRadio soon... Stay tuned for deets on that...

The highlight for me was the Radio1 party on friday... I had a wicked time time there!!! I was there from 11am to around 6 pm hanging out in the back area... the vibe at nikki beach is just amazing.

more updates later... need sleeeeeeppp now.
                            f.
                            frisky Radio - feelin' frisky?
                            Now with 70% Less Fat :: http://www.friskyradio.com/frisky_low.m3u

Comment

• skahound
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jun 2004

I'll post these now since Hos thinks I'm a loser for wanting to eat...

Beach pics

From the Hallucination Party at The Marlin

From the LMR Party at Spin

Villo at the Balance Party at The Marlin

The pickle stuffing monkey at the Proton Party

And last but not least: Jibbity Doo Da sporting the [ms] shirt at Spin
                              A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

Working...