• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: How was WMC??

Originally posted by asdf_admin
    .he is deserving of that....he is not a warm up dj.
    umm. yes he is.
    HAHAHHA

I aint even gonna argue with u any more man!!

UR rite HERNAN SUX

Comment

• asdf_admin
      i use to be important
      • Jun 2004

chuck i love to pull your chain. he is a damn good dj, and yes he is no warm dj.
      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• chuckc
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

chuck i love to pull your chain. he is a damn good dj, and yes he is no warm dj.
        Its all good!

WMC was just ok this year for me...this was my 5th year adn it def was my least favorite year...

the crowd, the venues, the parties were just not at the level that i am used to....seemed kinda laid back this year.....

my favorite performer was luke fair by far....the soundsystem rocked at the bedrock party....

sasha and dig were way better than i anticipated but having to sit way up in the seats the sound just was terrible....i guess it had to be better on the floor...

plus thy only played 3 hrs.....I hope to god they play a 10 hr set next year.

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

^ sounds like you went to all the wrong shows.

Comment

• remoh
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

hey tonight ill post my pics and vids on my friends webspace... so tune back in later bitches!!!...

one thing i have to say though... (well more than one)

this year i was all prepared to go to the wmc months in advance..i had plane tickets, hotel rooms, car rental and presales bought as far as 2 months in advance. well this year everything that could've went wrong did.

got there wednesday after dealing with florida turnpike traffic for 5.5 hrs (drove from orlando)... got to club space to redeem my passport and willcall was closed. i figured since im staying on SoBe i'll just redeem it at club spin (space sister club later) checked in to the richmond. it was real nice which was surprising. got a nap in and went to lawler at club state. didn't have a problem getting my will calls there. the club was extremely packed and extremely hot and humid. you could literally cut the air. lawler was banging it out when we got there at 1am (missed clive henry which was a real bummer). he was playing acid house. that was a surprise to me, but oh well it sounded real good. he switched it towards the end to some deep progressive/bit tribal/bit acid beats. we left at around 4 am hoping to see morillo afterhours at the club space terrace. didn't happen. i was so fucking wasted that i could barely stand. then like a drunk a-hole i picked a fight with my girl. fight lasted for ever so i got pissed and went and slept on the beach. btw dont remember the fight or leaving the room. all i know is that i woke up fully dressed on the beach ..that pick of that guy was probably me.got up at around eleven sorrounded by people and did the walk of shame back to the room.
            when i got to the room we made peace and decided that thursday was going to be a banging night.
            i heard morillo was so fucked up from partying that he wrecked every mix. he played mostly remixes. i have a friend who went with 2 of his friends and paid 1000 $ for the 3 of them to get in. another friend had to pay 280 to get 2 people into the terrace. they closed the terrace off from the main room at 6am everyday.

thursday. after the drama was over i decided to go to the local record store to listen to some breakthrough wmc track (last year i loaded up with about 30 banging tracks) . most of the records on the wall i had already (the ones i cared about anyway), records topped out at 13.99 for newer imports .way to much fucking money.went to clubspin to redeem my space pass and they told me to come back later.

thursday night was meet up night at the LMR record label party at club spin. cool im ready. we get to the place at around 12am and waited in line for about a half hour. the lady at the front door told me my printout was no good. she said i had to redeem my pass at space. i pleaded with hear saying that the website said redeemable at either club, but she wasn't having it. so i left and took another nap before roger sanchez afterhours at space.
            got there at about 430am. roger had lisa pure singing and he dropped a good tribal house/tribal/house/ classics set.deep dish, pablo ceballos and berhuz were all partying in the vip area and kept giving roger props. i got a vid of ali and sharam going in the booth and jumping up and down with roger. at around 930 in the morning some dumb bimbo trips over me and falls into me, i kind of grabed her arm and smiled signaling it was ok. well my girl flipped and accused me of hitting on the chick.so we got into another huge fight. another ruined night.
            we got to the room and i left to go to the nikki beach radio 1 party. i got there and the line was huge. i saw some people go under a fence, so i followed.. got there on zabielas last song. saw ali drop a cool little set. meanwhile my girl is blowing up my phone. i finally answered and she said she was outside and that i had her ID. i tried to get her to come around the back fence but by that time there was tons of security posted. so i had to walk out. her id was in the room so we had to leave .. cool little party but it was at capacity since it opened pretty much.........

this is getting long, but hey you guys wanted to get a feel for my experience right??

anyway friday night comes and we are amped for sander k (his sets have been memorable the last 2 conferences) we get there at around 2am with our passes in hand. the line was ridiculous. every person on it had a pass or a presale and they werent let in because the place was at capacity. basicaly they oversold the place by 100%. we waited in line for 3 hrs!!! . hey i flew all thge way to florida and spent all this money to see these guys so i waited. finally got in aat around 5am.. sander was playing acid house. his set sounded just like lawlers. after a couple of hours he swithced it to electro clash (eighties samples and remixes, not to be confuses with electro= robot and computerized sound effects).. the music was good, but again not what i was expecting. he then played some funky/ bit proggy/bit acid stuff and then he went back to tribal. we left at around 10am..decent night though.

saturday night. still havent met any [ms]ers so i texted ska and he said they were all going to the spleen records party. i got to meet code11, chuckc,ftc,ska,margaritamonkey,shawna,rubyraks (who i met at the nikki beach line) , so that was pretty cool. stayed there till about 7pm and headed back to the hotel to meet up with dvs to sell him carl cox tickets for crobar. get to crobar at around 9 and waited for the stupid people there to figure out which way was up .
            saturday night was bound to be awesome. we were going to see chus and cebalos/dj vibe/ vic calderone and the we were going to see deep dish afterhours. we get to the wherehouse. shittiest club in miami. its a black box dark as fuck. we make our way to the dancefloor and my girl starts having a panic attack. turns out her stigmatism makes light burn images in her eye completely blindidng her . i had to walk her to the door. meanwhile c&c are starting. OMFG they were playing the hardest sickest tribal beats ive heard.. the whole time im trying to figure a way for her to make it to the dancefloor or somewhere near without freaking out. we tried standing her in different places getting her shades, but nothing worked. so i pretty much stood by the door for 1.5 hours. i was so frustrated but said fuck it lets go next door see deep dish.
            we got to space and the line was insane, but for some reason we walked right in with our pass. OMFG ali was playing the hardest fucking music. unbeliavable.hardest i've ever seen him play. at this point we are exhausted (word of the wmc05) and we cant really stay awake. we decided to wait for sharam to see if he redeems himself from the shiity vegas set. boy did he ever!! the music he was playing was some of the best stuff i ever heard him play..we only lasted 1 more hour and we left :cry: .

not everything was bad

got to meet the [ms] bitches and fullfilled 2 promises: bought pickle and ska a bear. made a sign for _MJ_
            got an [ms] shirt . great shirts!!
            they fucked up my 5 day pass at space and gave me 2 3day passes wich i sold and made up the difference.
            saw my family in orlando

overall

the year of acid IMO
            miami people just dont give a fuck about your problems ,questions or concerns.
            miami people are very rude and disrespecfull (from my experience, noticed that before but this year was topps)
            get your preasalesdelivered to your house.
            they dont really care if you have a presale you still have to wait (this is a first)
            spring breakers clutter the city and clubs.

anyway sorry it was so long
            [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
            |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• remoh
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc

Its all good!

WMC was just ok this year for me...this was my 5th year adn it def was my least favorite year...

the crowd, the venues, the parties were just not at the level that i am used to....seemed kinda laid back this year.....

my favorite performer was luke fair by far....the soundsystem rocked at the bedrock party....

sasha and dig were way better than i anticipated but having to sit way up in the seats the sound just was terrible....i guess it had to be better on the floor...

plus thy only played 3 hrs.....I hope to god they play a 10 hr set next year.

couldn't agree with you more

jenks it sounds like your djs delivered
              [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
              |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• lucasvickers
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by remoh

After dealing with a ton of BS last year, next time around I am going down alone.

sounds like you coulda avoided a lot of headaches if you did the same
                War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
                - Ambrose Bierce

Comment

• ecpolonyc
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

I have to say I was fairly happy with this years WMC. But there was absolutely too many people. Definintely way more crowded than the past 3 yrs I've attended. I'm glad though all the parties I went to were fun as hell. Here are the list of parties I hit up:

Palash, DJ Rap, & D:Fuse @ Nikki Beach 03/21 - A chill day in the beautiful sun.
                  Hernan & Infusion @ Spin 03/22- Infusion is the greatest live act I've ever seen. Hernan is a prog genius.
                  Groovenauts @ Fairwind Hotel- 03/23 It was good till cops mada them lower the music.
                  Erick Morillo @ Space 03/23 - First time seeing him and it won't be my last. Jose Nunez kept the music pumping after Morillo.
                  ESP @ Catalina Hotel 03/24 - party was cancelled, so that sucked.
                  Sullivan Room @ Teasers 03/24 - Music was good, vibe sucked.
                  Radio 1 @ Nikki Beach 03/25 - Line was ridiculous, so went through the back and gave security $10. Good party, but once again, cops made them lower the music at around 6pm.
                  Ultra Music Festival 03/26 - Last time I'm going to this. Way too crowded, not enough talent.
                  Deep Dish @ Space 03/26 - The greatest musical journey I've ever experienced.

My review for DD from DD messageboard...

I have to say this was by the far the best Deep Dish set I have ever heard. Got to Space @ 1:30 and Ali was already on the decks. Definitely started off the night great. I'm not one for IDing tracks, but he played a few tracks from his set @ Kristal Club, Bucharest thats floating around. Sharam came on around 4 or 5 and his set was absolutely amazing. During his set, they had a saxophone player play while Sharam was dropping some bangin tracks. It was simply a musical journey. Ali came back on around 7 and was not allowing anyone to leave with the hard basslines he was throwing down. I left @ 9am with the biggest smile on my face. Best night of my life, period.

Some tracks I can id:

Deep Dish-Say Hello
                  David Guetta-The World is Mine(DD remix)
                  Unknown-Pump Up the Jam Remix
                  Sikk-Washing Machine
                  Fleetwood Mac-Dreams Remix
                  Unknown-track with Matrix samples
                  Money for nothing vs Flashdance
                  P. Diddy & Felix Da Housecat-I've Got You
                  Dj Rooster & Samy Peralta - Shake it [Steve Angello's Mix]
                  David Guetta Tim Deluxe Bob Sinclar Joachim Garraud - Summer moon (fmif_remix)
                  Q-Tip-Breathe & Stop Remix

...Alot of tracks I have never heard were played as well. Thats what WMC is all about. Guess we'll find out this summer. I will try to tracklist some more, just have to do some research. I just have to say it was pure madness.

Overall, I had a great time during WMC, but I would prefer it to be early in March. Just so there isn't so many spring breakers. No problems with entry into the clubs. Everything went smoothly. The one thing that put me down was losing my camera @ Ultra. Lost a ton of pictures from the wedding I attended the weekend before and the WMC.

Facebook
                  Soundcloud
                  Resident Advisor
                  ------------------------------

Comment

• themonk
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Oct 2004

did the damian lazarus set sound like his rebelfuturism mixes? same style?

Comment

• hacamatic
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Sep 2004

The two outstanding DJs with the freshest sounds at the conference for me were Damien Lazarus and James Holden. They killed it. The Gournet Recordings RRR BBQ on Sat. @ the Fairwinds was off the hook. Absolutely the perfect day party after the festivities of Friday night. The place was jammed packed and the vibe was incredible.

Mon: City16. Was suppose to be at Nocturnal but got moved to Space. Saw Soul Mechanic, Tiefschwartz, Damien Lazurus, Clive Henry and Desyn Masiello. The vibe was weird that night so left early. Luke Fair, Ulrich Schnauss and a few others were playing that night too I think.

Tue: Pig & Dan party @ Bed. Cool techy proggy sound. Was impressed by their set. Digweed @ Pawnshop, THE MAN doing his thing, awesome set.

Wed: Spun @ La Galleria with Kazell and Sasha Navarro. Spun at DJsInABox Party @ W6 live with Kazell, Habersham & Luminous and others. Haberhsam & Luminous threw down a sick set. Definitely a nice treat. Met a few [MS] members. Please give me a shout as my fuzzy memory has already forgotten many names. Passed out afterparty @ the Marlin with Damien Lazurus. Heard it was off the hook.

Thu: This night pretty much sucked. Went to Teasers for the Sullivan party. Got scammed there by the waitress. $75 for four drinks (two amstels and two mixed)! Can you believe that?!? My friends and I got so pissed off we left and didn't see the DJs we were their to check out: Tony Thomas, Asad Risvi. Went to Blue and saw Evil Eddie throw down with Tangun. Still too pissed off about getting scammed to enjoy the show so we went to a hotel and hung out with some people.

Fri/Sat: Started the day off checking out Mylo at the Beach (Surf?) Comber. Then the Border Community Party @ Bed with Nathan Fake and James Holden. OMG! Simply amazing! Wandered around with some friends, ended up at a house party, wandered aorund some more and went shopping for costumes and props for the RRR BBQ. Came to the BBQ and hung out all day dancing my ass off. Little Mike started, wasn't sure who was on after him, Mazi & David Duriez threw down a nice set, James Holden came on an killed it (love his B.Spears remix) while wearing a bikini t-shirt (LOL) and then Damien went on dressed as a cracked up pirate and played some twisted shit and Three ended the night. By far one the funnest parties for me.

Sun: Got two hours of sleep went to FLL airport and flew home.

Overall, my impression of the conference was that it had a slow start but by FRI/SAT it was off the chain. Too many spring breakers, hookers, and commercial hip hop around by Sat. though. Definitely glad I came.

Big thanks to everyone who showed up to my gigs. Also thanks to everyone who gave me tracks and mixes, looking forward to checking them out.

I will have my 2 hour promo mix I put together for the WMC at the www.playcomusic.com site soon.

Cheers!

^_^
                      Hac Le

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

arrived tuesday at 8pm...hit Jade at ten for Little Mike, Ty Tek, Dj Ali, Tyler Stadius, Camea...wicked.

Camea really dropped the wicked glitch i was waiting for. Tyler Stadius, one word, WICKED!

Wednesday, hit the Movim party, lounged, drank, mazi, asad, east coast boogie, etc etc, that whole camp. Rained late afternoon and went to check Q Burns. Wednesday night tho...SVEN VATH @ BED!! Contender for party of the conference. 112 Crew opened, dennis, bill, and nick layed it down proper for Sven who came on about 1. Good god i've never heard a more slamming set of back to back gritty filthy records in my life. Closed it down and went to catch Dennis from 112 at an afterhours, which got closed down as well, and went late morning to a small loft party with that camp for the mnml.

Thursday ^ that went well into thursday...so just caught some much needed sleep for Jeff Mills @ Jade later that evening. One of the best jumping parties i've been to in awhile. Mills had that place GOING! Kevin Saunderson and Kenny Larkin finished the bill by 5am...and we were off to Pawn Shop for the mangled mess that was afterhours.

Pawn Shop, Friday morning, 112 Crew on the patio, Little Mike, Mr. C, Harris, Damian Lazurus inside. I doubt i'll ever recover from that party, and there's really no way to describe it unless you were there. So...that's it. Left Pawn Shop @ 1pm, and the girlfriend and i got on a boat to Nassau to recover for 3 days. Going through customs and getting on that boat straight from afterhours was the strangest experience, lol.

For you digweed creeps, i managed to catch him @ some random record store in south beach. He played a small set for about 20 people. I took a bunch of pics and videos. It was okay, i'm sure some of you will appreicate it more than i did, i'll get the pics and vids up soon enough.

Mills, Vath, 112 Crew, Damian Lazurus ...pretty much owned conference imo.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                          Double hoodie beer monster
                          • Jun 2004

got to meet the [ms] bitches and fullfilled 2 promises: bought pickle and ska a bear.

Comment

• peloquin
                            Till I Come!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                            got to meet the [ms] bitches and fullfilled 2 promises: bought pickle and ska a bear.
                            how much do bears go for in florida?

Comment

• peloquin
                              Till I Come!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by themonk
                              did the damian lazarus set sound like his rebelfuturism mixes? same style?
                              i would like to know the answer to this also, i have heard nothing but good things about it. i missed him in portland last month, but many people have said he was much better even than mayer, who was hear two weeks prior (and was fucking amazing)

Comment

• yelena
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Sep 2004

My favourite night was at the ultra after party at AA arena. It was awesome. The only thing about it that sucked was that once you leave the dance floor to go to the bathroom, you could not get back down there.

Comment

Working...