• res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

NFL suspends Saints coach, ex-coordinator over bounty program

• Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: NFL suspends Saints coach, ex-coordinator over bounty program

every team should have a bounty program. it's football...
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Not when the NFL Commissioner is saying left and right they are trying to reduce big hits and shit that hurts players....Coaches gonna lose that argument.

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

they need to change the name from NFL to PPL.... Pitty-Pat League. or better yet, go to flag football rules!

nah, seriously though... someone should never target a player to intentionally hurt seriously. but then again this is a violent sport and its hard to determine purposeful and just playing the game. i'm kinda pissed about the suspension, but if players were trying to break someone's legs on purpose for money, that's awful.
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

I saw an interview with a defensive player once where he indicated that he made every effort to hurt people on the field. He then elaborated, however, and noted the difference between making someone "hurt" which is what they are paid to do, and trying to injure someone, which is inappropriate.

The gist of his point was "look, every single guy hurts at the end of a game, because it's a physical game that creates a lot of pain by its very nature. If by making a guy hurt more than I do when we have a collision, perhaps he's going to keep an eye on me rather than the ball when he comes into my zone. That's my job"

It's actually an important difference, I think, and I'd never really thought about it that way before. With that in mind, it puts the bounty thing -- where the intent is not just to hit hard but to hit in a way that you knock someone out and potentially do damge to his very livelihood -- in a different perspective.

Comment

• lockedgroove
            Gold Gabber
            • Apr 2006

ridiculously egregious punishment IMO. Belichek & the Pats got off easy in comparison for Spygate a few years back.

Comment

• clintlove
              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
              • Jun 2004

As a season ticket holder and avid Saint's fan, I can't even describe to you how shitty this day has been. We did wrong, I'm not going to try and justify it, but I don' think anyone expected the outcome to be this harsh, .... and its not over by a longshot. I have a feeling VIlma will be suspended indefinitely and as many of the defensive players that were involved by name in the pay for performance deal, will be suspended for multiple games. I'm already ready to put it behind us and move on, but it's not going to be that easy.

This is hurting the NFL fans way more than its making a statement to other NFL teams.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

^It is crazy that a 1year suspension for the coach of all people is handed down, that is nuts! Why do you think so? I'm just guessing because it has been such a big issue the last couple of seasons on concussions and players getting hurt, and if they didn't do this there would be a huge outrage from people somewhere...which would hurt someone somewhere for some $ and they can't have that.

Comment

• clintlove
                  Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                  • Jun 2004

You can't image the local new around here; dismay and conspiracy theories left and right. We were set to host and possibly play in the Super Bowl this year. Why Goodell waited till now, after "knowing" about this for 3 seasons is beyond me. I don't want to go into my thoughts on the whole thing, cause it really doesn't matter what I think. What's done is done and we have to recover. We'll see how strong our team and our fanbase is this season, that's for sure. Payton didn't deserve a 1 year suspension, unless there is more credible evidence against him that we haven't heard about yet.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

If it will make you feel any better, the Rams lost their new defensive coordinator for at least a year, possibly much longer, before a single game was played, and the only thing we did wrong was hire the guy. We get to suffer for someone else's sins. Awesome.

of course, as Rams fans, we'd likely be suffering anyway.

Comment

• Localizer
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jul 2004

Weird that the bounty program is getting nailed hard in football when hockey pretty much has had the same thing. Regardless, the uprise in concussions has lead to more traumatic brain injuries and definitely warrants looking into intentional physical harm, especially when so many athletes are juicing. And with instant replay, it's fairly easy to determine an intentional hit to injure from one not intended to injure

This

vs. this (clean check)

Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                      -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

Have you guys heard those recordings from Williams? While I don't think it's quite as bad as the media is making it out to be -- most of it could just be characterized as using colorful language to implore the players to play a physical, hard-hitting game -- there's enough in there to be pretty damning. Seems like the Rams need to just move on rather than waiting for him to come back after his indefinite suspension. Dude is toast, his days in this league are over.

Comment

Working...