X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Looper [2012]

Looks like another fun movie out this year. Bruce Willis plays Joseph Gordon Levitt's older self in some mobster-time travel story where the killer is sent back in time to kill himself (don't see why anyone would be motivated to do that).

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Looper [2012]

I was just going to post this. I've been hearing about this one for a while now, the trailer looks pretty cool. I bet this will be entertaining.

Comment

• dusk
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Noted on my must watch list.
      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• nick007
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2007

Nice trailer - gotta get that

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Saw it last night, pretty good time-travel movie. Nice tech touches and even though it's set in the future, the tech and society doesn't intrude, in a way it's all in the background like Children of Men. Levitt did a really good job of being a younger Bruce Willis. There's a scene with Willis confronting the villainous den—he's still the original bad ass as my friend put it

I just thought the pacing of the movie was a bit slow or I could just be tired.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• go0gle
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2007

Very well done!

The overall concept is simple, but very engaging at the same time. Nicely balanced plot, solid acting, and a great ending.. can't ask for more from an action flick.

Comment

• Illuminate
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Aug 2009

Was it similar to Inception?

Plot wise I must say...

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
              Sbando
              - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
              Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
              Bob
              "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
              the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
              KiwiTollway

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Nope, nothing like Inception.

Comment

• go0gle
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by feather
                  I just thought the pacing of the movie was a bit slow or I could just be tired.
                  I thought about this.. you know, its because at one point both characters were kind of.. idle (when Joe was tuck at the farm..), which was essential in setting up the conclusion.. I don't see how else they could have done it.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

It was a pretty good flick but the ending was....i felt nothing. It was kinda like Limitless.

The movie was great though but yeah that ending was like...."ok....should I feel anything towards these characters???"

Cool concept.

Was 'slightly' disappointed in the cafe when Willis straight up says don't bother thinking about the time travel paradox, as if to swat it away to let the storyline continue. Wish they had put a little more thought into it i guess.
                    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Highsteppa
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Feb 2005

You have to think of this as kind of a Terminator knock off mixed in with a touch of a western. The time travel logic is a bit loose and fuzzy, but I'll forgive the murky quantum physics for a decent story with good performances.

It was bit distracting to see Gordon Levitt's face made up to look like Bruce Willis, but he does do a very good impression. The digitally altered mouth was bothering me for about the first half hour before I just let it go and dove more into the story.

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

Watched this over the weekend, I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I thought I would have. All the ads / promotion of the movie was centered around hit-men and time-travel where in reality the movie was more about mother's love and TeleKinetics. Until the moment that the kid kills the first person in the house, I had no idea which way the movie was heading. But when it got to that point, it ended in about 20 minutes headlining the unusual sacrifice the hit-man makes while forsaking his best-friend in the early part of the movie.

Other than the visual effects in the farm scene at the end, the movie was average at best. Give it a 4.5/10
                        Last edited by Kamal; January 14, 2013, 12:40:19 PM.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Illuminate
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Aug 2009

^I'd agree with Kamal.It was so-so all around.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                          Sbando
                          - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                          Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                          Bob
                          "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                          the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                          KiwiTollway

Comment

• nick007
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Oct 2007

I thought it was a great flick

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Man you guys are too harsh

Comment

Working...