X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3ibb3
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2005

Portland Oregon

i am heading out that way at the end of the month, anyone have any recommendations on things to do as well as night clubs to visit?

cheers
    Eddie
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Portland Oregon

I have a buddy who just moved out there a year ago. I can put you in contact with him if you can't find anybody else with good info.

Comment

• danielRR
      Getting Somewhere
      • May 2008

I lived there for awhile, it's a pretty cool place.

There's not all that much going on with House music. For other genres there's plenty of good stuff but I'm not going to pretend to know about it.

If they happen to be doing Karaoke with the live band at Dante's on Burnside, that's always fun.

Go eat some mac n cheese (and other stuff) at Montage underneath the Morrison bridge. Trust me on this one. 301 Southeast Morrison Street.

Refuge PDX on Yamhill has some good events from time to time. Worth checking into.

bring a coat.

http://soundcloud.com/lexajune

Comment

• ddr
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by danielRR
        I lived there for awhile, it's a pretty cool place.

There's not all that much going on with House music. For other genres there's plenty of good stuff but I'm not going to pretend to know about it.

If they happen to be doing Karaoke with the live band at Dante's on Burnside, that's always fun.

Go eat some mac n cheese (and other stuff) at Montage underneath the Morrison bridge. Trust me on this one. 301 Southeast Morrison Street.

Refuge PDX on Yamhill has some good events from time to time. Worth checking into.

bring a coat.

Can vouch for this.. Portland really is a black hole when it comes to quality Friday/Saturday club nights--Seattle/SF is where its at. One thing I say to visitors is to start at Henry's Tavern in the Pearl District.. then kind of bar hop/walk around after that.. a lot of good microbreweries around that area--Rogue, Deschutes. Don't have to worry about getting mugged either, Portland is a pretty safe area Downtown.

As far as what to do, there is plenty of good hiking trails--Multnomah Falls is a must see as well as a nice Zip Line park (which I havent been to yet but it always has rave reviews) Tree to Tree Adventure Park

If you are into good food, Portland is a GREAT place for that.. very eclectic. Hit up Salt Straw - Fresh Made Ice Cream for organic ice cream (Almond Brittle is aaaamazing) and make sure to go to Pine State Biscuits or Veritable Quandary for breakfast/brunch and Screen Door for dinner if you are into amazing southern cuisine. Lots of different food cart options as well littered throughout Portland... all are quality.

Also if you love coffee -- Stumptown Coffee Roasters Everyone I take there, say its the best they have ever had.. stay away from Sbux, lol.

But yes, be prepared to eat a ton.
        Last edited by ddr; September 5, 2012, 10:56:00 PM.
        "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

relevant (and funny as hell)

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• 3ibb3
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2005

Thank you for the tips guy's i appreciate it

cheers
            Eddie

Comment

• peloquin
              Till I Come!
              • Jun 2004

i live in Portland. Orbital are playing here at the Roseland Theater on Fri 9/28. should be a good'un. also tons of great beer if you like microbrews.

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
                i live in Portland. Orbital are playing here at the Roseland Theater on Fri 9/28. should be a good'un. also tons of great beer if you like microbrews.

Broooooooooooooooooooo! How you been?

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
                  Saw this the other day.. not sure if I can make that but Im going to try.. Roseland is a pretty small venue to, GA on the bottom, and stadium seating for the fat arses and lazy people on the top floor with the bar.
                  "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• peloquin
                    Till I Come!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                    Broooooooooooooooooooo! How you been?
                    hey man, i'm good. haven't been on here for a while obviously... so busy. hope all of my ms buddies are well!

Comment

• 3ibb3
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jul 2005

Orbital! No Shit, looks like i found something to do friday night

Comment

• 3ibb3
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jul 2005

If either of you guy's go let me know. i'll be there and alway welcome the company of an MS'er

Eddie
                        617-480-1016

Comment

• darin epsilon
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jul 2004

I'm going up there next week to visit family. Whiskey Bar is probably the best known venue for electronic dance.
                          Website | Facebook | SoundCloud | Beatport | Twitter | YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013

Comment

Working...