Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Oblivion [2013]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Oblivion [2013]

Tom Cruise stars in Oblivion, an original and groundbreaking cinematic event from the director of TRON: Legacy and the producer of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. On a spectacular future Earth that has evolved beyond recognition, one man’s confrontation with the past will lead him on a journey of redemption and discovery as he battles to save mankind.

Jack Harper (Cruise) is one of the last few drone repairmen stationed on Earth. Part of a massive operation to extract vital resources after decades of war with a terrifying threat known as the Scavs, Jack’s mission is nearly complete.

Living in and patrolling the breathtaking skies from thousands of feet above, his soaring existence is brought crashing down when he rescues a beautiful stranger from a downed spacecraft. Her arrival triggers a chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows and puts the fate of humanity in his hands.

Oblivion was shot in stunning digital 4K resolution on location across the United States and Iceland.

TOM CRUISE | OBLIVION | APRIL
  • xellsys
    Gold Gabber
    • Jan 2010

Re: Oblivion [2013]

looks promising. im not a big fan of tom cruise but i really like olga kurylenko

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Always up for sci-fi eye candy.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Highsteppa
        Gold Gabber
        • Feb 2005

The synopsis reads kind of like a live action Wall-E.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2008

Originally posted by xellsys
          i really like olga kurylenko
          +12345!

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Highsteppa
            The synopsis reads kind of like a live action Wall-E.
            I thought it felt familiar!

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

What a surprisingly fantastic movie, Prometheus landscapes meet Matrix 3 fight sequences (especially underground). The eye-candy is unreal, the storyline, while not intriguing in itself, is wonderfully put together. Consider 3 timelines jumping in and out of sequence to try and make sense of the entire plot, that to me was very well put together and didn't leave the viewer entirely too confused (Vanilla sky, I'm shaking my stick at you).

It was just very well made, and the graphics, for me, were borderline better than Pacific Rim - especially the part where he repairs the drone on the stadium grounds and it shoots off into the air spewing dust into his face AND the part where Tom Cruise goes surfing earth's dust-addled surface on his little futuristic motocross bike leaving tire-prints in the dark sand as he flies by beached/stranded ships. Couldn't get more believable than that.

Give it a good 6.5 / 10. I'd like to give it a 7 on 10 but I ducked the half point for the casting, his wife could've been his gf and vice versa. But overall, I honestly cannot believe this movie didn't do as well as I now imagine it could/would have done. Granted Tom Cruise's belabored over-acting does little for the overall experience but the landscapes and CGI themselves make up for that aspect of the move.

really Really REALLY worth a first watch.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Highsteppa
                Gold Gabber
                • Feb 2005

I have mixed feelings about it. There's no doubt the director, who did Tron Legacy, has a very good eye and a knack for translating his vision onto the big screen, but he still needs to work on character and making his actors seem less like props to advance the next grand special effects or action sequence. Still, he does a better job here than he did with Tron Legacy.

My biggest beef is how the story is like a Michael Bay version of a particular sci-fi film from 2009, which handled the plot twist a lot more delicately and did a better job of humanizing the material.

Still, it's not terrible by a long shot, and it's kind of fun seeing Tom Cruise's character being put through the blender.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                  Platinum Poster
                  • May 2008

Re:

This just got released on dvd. So, I'm looking forward to seeing it. I heard mixed reviews, though.

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Visual fest, a tad slow, and decent story. But what stylish visuals. I'll never get blase about the incredible world-building CG allows these days.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by xellsys
                      looks promising. im not a big fan of tom cruise but i really like olga kurylenko
                      Le Serpent ... a french film is great with her in too.

sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...