X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Am I Nuts?!

I think so....baby number 2 is due in July!
    I am going to have 2 kids under 2 (Brodie will be about 20months by then), eek!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Am I Nuts?!

perhaps a little . my younger sister had twin girls first, and now has a baby boy. its rough, but it can be done, we are gonna wait another year I think before we have our second.
    Attached Files

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Congrats Karen xx
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

^^^^thanks simon! xo

Awww Florida, he is a sweetheart! How old now?
        How many years apart were your sisters twins & the next kid?
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

Congrats Karen! One is enough, you're totally crazy. I can't imagine having a second baby to take care of!

Comment

• Illuminate
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Aug 2009

DQ congrats!! I think only the mother can tell if more than one is right.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
            Sbando
            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
            Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
            Bob
            "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
            KiwiTollway

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

its ok karen we've all know you were nuts for years
              How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                ^^^^thanks simon! xo

Awww Florida, he is a sweetheart! How old now?
                How many years apart were your sisters twins & the next kid?
                Like 2 yrs apart. My son is 21 months .

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

^^^ he is definitely a cutie! how old are you thinking of waiting for him to be before trying for another?

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                  Congrats Karen! One is enough, you're totally crazy. I can't imagine having a second baby to take care of!
                  lol thanks Adam! I am definitely a little scared, but we are very happy as well. We have both always wanted 2 & having them fairly close in age was the plan (although we were aimin more for Brodie to be closer to 2, but I don't think 4mos off will make much of a difference)....we aren't getting any younger! we want to be able to do stuff with them without falling apart lol

Originally posted by thebanned1
                  its ok karen we've all know you were nuts for years
                  har har Dom
                  sigpic

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

waiting another year. . it's more work than my wife bargained for, having less children in her family and being around less children growing up (cousins, etc) her perspective on the workload was unrealistic. imho

Comment

• audrey_w
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jan 2013

maybe you are a little nuts but congratulations
                      My own life is so busy I really can't envisage having time for children so I bought a tamogochi and that has satisfied my maternal instincts.
                      I have 15 jobs already and combined with listening to music and training to be a sumo wrestler it often doesn't leave time to invent stories on the internet, make close friendships through wikipedia and make lists of my favourite things that no One gives a fuck about.
                      Good luck. I take my hat off to anyone who has a real life and isn't living in a world of complete bullshit and make believe xx

Comment

• audrey_w
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jan 2013

maybe you are a little nuts but congratulations
                        My own life is so busy I really can't envisage having time for children so I bought a tamogochi and that has satisfied my maternal instincts.
                        I have 15 jobs already and combined with listening to music and training to be a sumo wrestler it often doesn't leave time to invent stories on the internet, make close friendships through wikipedia and make lists of my favourite things that no One gives a fuck about.
                        Good luck. I take my hat off to anyone who has a real life and isn't living in a world of complete bullshit and make believe xx

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jan 2014

Congratulations!! Not nuts at all. I'm raising my sisters kids, she passed away 5 yrs ago in a car accident. I was unprepared for how much work it is, and I had lots of cousins and siblings. Being one of the younger siblings in my family, I guess everyone else did most of the work and took care of me. So taking care of children (or anyone) is rather new to me, but I love it. I have less time to take care of myself (the way I used to), but I believe this is one of the greatest jobs on earth and it's only for as long as they're needy little kids, so I don't mind. Kids keep you truthful and humble. They just lay things out for you and give you a new perspective on everything... especially kindness, I've found. If you're irritable, overwhelmed, or resentful, your kids will end up being kind of bratty I think, because they require alot of thoughtful, kind interaction and self sacrifice -- not everyone is cut out for. JMO Enjoy!! Blessing on it's way!!

Comment

• chanty
                            John, John, where art thou!
                            • Jun 2004

Congrats to you and your family Karen! I'm so very happy for you!
                            Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

It's how we are wired, well some of us... when I see a cute infant, I really want another one too. If I had a good job with normal hours we would probably be ready now. But we are just trying to be as prepared as possible for our next child. I think it's great you are having another and commend you for your bravery . When my sister was pregnant with #3, everyone was a little shocked when they found out because her twins were more than just a handful, but she's good at meeting challenges and overcoming them. I think you are probably similar in that regard . She is also a stay at home mom, her husband has a secure job, which nowadays is incredibly rare, but he's an actuary and there aren't many of them out there but the position has a lot of demand.

Comment

Working...