X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Because I'm Happy

You know how some pop songs make you wonder if you live on the same planet as the people who enjoy them? This song is that for me.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • unkle
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Mar 2007

Re: Because I'm Happy

I love the song.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2014

OP, haven't you ever felt so good, ecstatic, that you felt like a room without a roof (e.g., so much air & freedom that nothing could make you sad)? or a hot air balloon that could fly away and nothing could bring you down, ground you back to earth, because things were going so well and everything was fitting you like a glove or lifting you up out of this world? full & content? uncontainable joy? That's for the lyrics. Then there's the happy-go-lucky, upbeat beat & clapping that goes with that feeling. It's got a 70s vibe I think some people relate to also. I guess it's not for everyone, but what exactly don't you like about it? maybe you're not in that place right now? You will be one day & on that day, give it another go. Let it carry you off.................

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
        OP, haven't you ever felt so good, ecstatic, that you felt like a room without a roof
        In my life? Yes, in the recent memorable past? No where close.
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• KiwiTollway
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2014

^ hmmmm, how far is recent memorable past? if we're talking years, time to make a change!

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

i fucking hate this song
            How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• FFF
              Banned
              • Nov 2013

Reminds me of this

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
                OP, haven't you ever felt so good, ecstatic, that you felt like a room without a roof (e.g., so much air & freedom that nothing could make you sad)? or a hot air balloon that could fly away and nothing could bring you down, ground you back to earth, because things were going so well and everything was fitting you like a glove or lifting you up out of this world? full & content? uncontainable joy? That's for the lyrics. Then there's the happy-go-lucky, upbeat beat & clapping that goes with that feeling. It's got a 70s vibe I think some people relate to also. I guess it's not for everyone, but what exactly don't you like about it? maybe you're not in that place right now? You will be one day & on that day, give it another go. Let it carry you off.................
                I'm very content and I have the feeling you are describing almost daily, which is great. But I don't need someone repeating "because I'm happy" 1,000 times in 4 minutes to remind me ... then again I'm not really a fan of any of Pharrell's (or whatever his name is) productions. Having said that, good for him he's found a niche that seems to be making him tons of $$$$.

Comment

• unkle
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by FFF

Against me, I like some of his music,
                  im not a fan but he has some good shits.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2014

Got it, you hate repetition. Normally I do too... I don't find this song too repetitive like in an "It's a small world..." way you might. I find it upbeat, positive, and kind of clever about a man in love. Set to dancing of happy children was nice on the awards show as well, I enjoy hearing & seeing it with dancers.

Maybe you have something against the word "happy" in general .... because it rhymes with sappy, pappy, lappy, etc.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jan 2014

You know what really annoys me? People who write "having said that" in typing something to others. First off, you haven't SAID anything because we're not talking to each other.

Secondly, if I just read what you wrote,which obviously any reader of it would, you don't have to point it out in your next sentence.

Thirdly, it's just pompous.

Having said that, carry on. "Cuz I'm happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

Comment

• nick007
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2007

^Yet every second post is a diss on someone. Makes me wonder what really makes you you happy?

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• nick007
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Kamal
                          In my life? Yes, in the recent memorable past? No where close.
                          Old age bud old age and there are more important things like our children that take over our lives and hearts and souls

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

^exactly. i used to strive to feel "happy" but now the feeling is much deeper than simply "happy." Maybe the timing of this songs release is why I'm not happy to hear it .

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jan 2014

I think cutting carbs has made me a bit cranky, I apologize for dissing on anyone.

Something happened yesterday that has me ticked off as well.

Comment

Working...