Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Transitions
    Transitions 499 ● John Digweed Fabric Live w. guest mix by King Unique

Transitions 499

Hour 1: John Digweed - Live at fabric,
    Recorded 21st December 2013 at fabric // 77a Charterhouse Street, London, EC1M 6HJ

01. The Future Sound Of London - Cascade (Saso Recyd Edit) [Virgin ‎| unreleased]
    02. Reinier Zonneveld - Shining (Tour De Traum VII) [Traum Schallplatten |TRAUMCDDIGITAL30]
    03. Crowdkillers - A Bee Sees [My Best Friend | MBF 12109]
    04. ID 19 mins
    05. Danton Eeprom - Biscotto & Chimpanzee feat. Birkii (Fairmont Remix) [InFiné Music | IF2057]
    06. Bambook - Give It Up (Alex Nagshineh Remix) [Faceless Recordings | FR003]
    07. Crowdkillers - Clique [My Best Friend | MBF 12109]
    08. We Need Cracks - Solarium (Geometryka EP) [Traum Schallplatten | Traum V170]
    09. We Need Cracks - Troposphere (Geometryka EP) [Traum Schallplatten | Traum V170]
    10. Bambook - Give It Up (Silky & Jonny Cruz's disCerN Remix) [Faceless Recordings | FR003]
    11. The Black 80s - Move On (Kollektiv Turmstrasse Remix) [Freerange | FR188]

Downloads:

Hour 1 >> John Digweed Transitions 499 Recorded Live at fabric, December 2013
    Hour 2 >> King Unique Transitions_499 Guest Mix

Release Notes:

01. The Future Sound Of London - Cascade (Saso Recyd Edit) [Virgin ‎| unreleased]

'Cascade' was the first single [Virgin ‎| VST1478] from Future Sound of London's 1994 Lifeforms album. It is a series of variations on the song "Cascade", all different from the album's version as is customary for most FSOL singles. the track Cascade (Part 1) features on Disc 1: 0° North of Sasha & John Digweed's Northern Exposure and was on the 4 x vinyl release [Ministry Of Sound ‎| NELP1]

Recorded at Earthbeat Studios - London
    Released: 25 Oct 1993

2013 Edit by Saso [Ovum, Minus12, Plus8, Rawthentic, Inmotion] of Bitola (Macedonia) 10 minute track time.

02. Reinier Zonneveld - Shining (Tour De Traum VII) [Traum Schallplatten |TRAUMCDDIGITAL30]

With the Tour De Traum VII we have reached another level. Not sure if we can repeat this one, because we think it has turned out just great. We received more demos than ever for the Tour de Traum VII which were collected over the last 5 months by Riley Reinhold, so we see the community is growing which makes us happy.

So here we proudly present a fine selection of artists some well known and many others you might never have heard of. At the beginning we feature two mixes by Riley Reinhold with all of the tracks so you get a feel of what it could all sound like in one go.

Reinier Zonneveld’s track "Shining" is as much a masterpiece as his previous ones (he also appears as a Tour de Traum artist for the second time), but Reinier produces very differently in that a lot of hand played instruments are involved and the track constantly changes its appearance, like a chameleon. This is a big epic track and its 10 minute length perfectly matches its compositional sophistication.

Release date: 18. December 2013

03. Crowdkillers - A Bee Sees [My Best Friend | MBF 12109]
    07. Crowdkillers - Clique [My Best Friend | MBF 12109]

We present here maybe the deepest Crowdkillers on MBF so far, but watch out massive baselines can do a lot of damage and not giving away too much can make you curious for more.

The EP starts with the "A Bee Sees" which is a well balanced and deep track almost MBF LTD like style. A slacker of a track that worships a feeling studded with samples and short sound inputs. The track does not build up any tension but by magic keeps up a good groove, with nice percussion coming in! We say thats great!

"Keep It Secret" contains a lot more urgent sounds in the beginning like an old school track from Blake Baxter’s Mix records, if any one of you still knows that label. But in the course of the track it keeps pulling in elements you don’t necessarily associate with the feeling happening at that time but it manages to make it all function and it grows on you step by step until it is an irresistible piece of deep techno! All that is really modern and will work fine with an advanced crowd.

"Steez Trip" slowly builds up taking much more time as "Keep It Secret" and is less musical, makes less stunts but keeps a steady groove that steers directly at the dance floor.

"Clique" is more of a nasty baseline track in the beginning, pretty reduced to beat and little more. Occasionally dropping a chord and towards the middle the track opens up a bit and throws in some dark sounds. This could be a great after hour track, since it is really easy on you.

Release date: 30. December 2013

05. Danton Eeprom - Biscotto & Chimpanzee feat. Birkii (Fairmont Remix) [InFiné Music | IF2057]

Taken from the forthcoming EP « Biscotto & Chimpanzee (Remixes) [feat. Birkii] - EP

Advance single cut from Danton Eeprom's new album From "If Looks Could Kill" by out February 3rd on InFiné Music. Remixes by Fairmont, Man Power and Cristal.

Eeprom stands for Electrically-Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory. It keeps vital data safe in electronic devices and can be read an infinite number of times. “If Looks Could Kill” took eighteen months to finish and certain tracks went through 26 iterations before reaching what he considered satisfactory excellence. Danton had taken his time for once, supported by Alexandre Cazac, label manager at inFiné Records and just the A&R man Danton needed.

It all started with "Biscotto & Chimpanzee". This exercise in synth-pop, a veritable invitation to jump into the sea off the Balearic Islands, laid the foundations for an intricate, detailed album.

On previous advance cut "FemDom", you can feel the fascination for the moist cellars and twisted beats of Detroit that have made his reputation. Noble, sensual techno that reminds one of sweaty bodies rubbing up against each other in the night, loaded with the promise of a certain hook-up. Nights where you’ve drunk too much, smoked too much, and yet you don’t want them to end.

Released by: InFiné Music
    Release/catalogue number: IF2057
    Release date: Jan 13, 2014

[airlondonmusic]

A busy end to 2013 for Fairmont. His latest EP, ‘Lie to Me’ arrived in September on the much respected My Favorite Robot Records and received strong support from across the board and was awarded a solid 3/5 by Resident Advisor. The EP’s title track was also selected to be featured on John Digweed’s upcoming edition of his ‘Bedrock’ compilation series.

The Canadian native also has a number of remixes set for release before the year is out. Upcoming this month is his remix of Chloe’s ‘Low’ on My Favorite Robot Records and Henry Saiz’ ‘Take Me Home’ on Madrid based record label, Natura Sonaris. December sees the release of the Fairmont remix of Danton Eprom ‘Biscotto and Chimp’ (Infine) and Hot Since 82’s ‘Planes & Trains’ on Suara. Fairmont will then kick start 2014 with the release of his next EP, ‘Dysnomia’, out on Areal Records in January.

06. Bambook - Give It Up (Alex Nagshineh Remix) [Faceless Recordings | FR003]
    10. Bambook - Give It Up (Silky & Jonny Cruz's disCerN Remix) [Faceless Recordings | FR003]

Bambook is the collaborative guise of Swedish producers Eiad Sayegh and Hannes Netzell. A duo who over the past few years have racked up a string of releases for some of the leading labels in electronic music, namely Global Underground, Get Physical and Circus Recordings, covering a broad spectrum of styles but always with the focus on the dance floor. Here they join the Faceless Recordings roster, following output on the label from Climbers, Jon Charnis, Balcazar & Sordo, and Directors Cut (Frankie Knuckles & Eric Kupper).

Kicking off proceedings is the original mix of ‘Give It Up’, a tripped-out, peak-time workout fuelled by a gritty saw wave bass hook, sweeping rhythms and smooth, blossoming pad lines. The duo ride this groove out for just over six and a half minutes, keeping the groove in an ever enticing state, while the emotive, Nu-Disco tinged vocal lines drive the musicality and modern appeal to the record. Following we have a rework from Cocoon, Supplement Facts and BPitch artist, Chaim, who shakes things up a little with his interpretation, flipping the vibe into dark and dubby realms as he brings raw drums to the forefront, bubbling atmospheric pads and warm chords then add an understated beauty to the record, while the vocal lines are processed into a psychedelic cavernous state with expansive reverbs.

The A.NAG reshape steps up next, stripping things back to a refined minimalistic state, with loose, rugged beats, as looped vocal snippets, eerie bass tones and fluttering arp-lines meander around them, again putting the mix on a mind-bending, experimental tip. Label head Silky teams up with My Favorite Robot’s Jonny Cruz next as disCerN, the duo offer up a pure dance floor destroyer with a chuggy bass hook, low-slung rhythms and glitch synths, the record subtly blooms over seven and half minutes with an ever-evolving dynamism and progressive vibe, heavy stuff as you’d expect from these two proficient producers. Last but not least to close the single Bambook turn in their ‘303 Mix’ of Give It Up, doing exactly what it says on the tin and delving deep into the Acid House era with stuttering 303 lines, cosseting piano chords and tension building synths.

Released by: FacelessRecordings
    Release/catalogue number: FR003
    Release date: Feb 5, 2014

08. We Need Cracks - Solarium [Traum Schallplatten | Traum V170]
    09. We Need Cracks - Troposphere [Traum Schallplatten | Traum V170]

We Need Cracks give with this stunning 3-track EP "Geometryka" their debut on Traum.
    We Need Cracks are the French duo from Toulouse Fabien Garcia & Antoine Rigail who have released on smaller labels so far. Both were musicians before they entered the world of electronic music party.

"Troposphere" is the opening track of the French duo and a brave one indeed when it plunges from heavy baselines. We Need Cracks are true masters of a delicate composition and have established themselves with this tune on Traum as one of the top recent producers. Please judge for yourself.

"Solarium" is a great piece of electronic music that conjures up the magic spell of Kraftwerk like melodies, so eternal and immortal and still very modern in its approach, that it leaves you with "goose skin" as we say here in Germany. This is music so emotional and yet so controlled when it gives away only small portions of it time by time that it lets your inner self scream with joy. We don’t want to say much more but let you decide on this phenomenal song.

We Need Cracks tell a tale with "Telescopium", when they switch elegantly from a snap-reading method to an epic one, keeping a perfect pace of slow motion and acceleration, deep inside a quiet storm.

"Telescopium" creates skillfully and with brilliance spaces between the lines, that set free a lot of imagination. Their wide ranging dynamics in "Telescopium" refer to subject masters such as the sky, the earth, science, the elements… but do connect very strongly to earthly matters when melodies evoke great sensual French film music.

Through that We Need Cracks create that subconscious and "muffled sensation" that clads "Telescopium" so elegantly mild and sensual.

Release date: 02. December 2013

11. The Black 80s - Move On (Kollektiv Turmstrasse Remix) [Freerange | FR188]

Philadelphia native Hollis P Monroe is a man who has been slowly and steadily building a respectable catalogue of music since his debut on Canadian label Stickman in 1997. Appearances on Josh Wink’s Ovum and the legendary West End label have all helped establish Hollis as a talented writer, producer, vocalist and DJ having recently been drafted in for collaborations with the likes of KiNK, Trickski and Rampa. Here we find him producing under his new moniker The Black 80s in collaboration with Frank Julien, and following hot on the heels of a killer release for Compost Black Label.

For their Freerange debut The Black 80s have created an expansive slice of deep, electronic house on Move On. The expertly crafted minimal production really highlights the warmth of the song and creates space for the vocal to shine. Tried and tested by Jimpster from South Africa to Berlin, this is a standout track with that perfect balance of raw simplicity for the dance-floor and depth for longevity.

On the Overnight Mix of Move On things tread in a more experimental, leftfield direction with filtering breaks and layers of dust and noise creating an abstract and edgy backing, complimenting the sweetness of the vocal perfectly.

Finally, we have Kollektiv Turmstrasse providing their own inimitable spin on their remix, fattening up the beats and adding more drive which builds perfectly to the breakdown where we’re introduced to an echoing bass-line and finally, the full vocal.

Hour 2: King Unique

Tracklist tba
    Last edited by simonr; July 9, 2014, 04:41:51 PM.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • sbando
    Going back to Romford
    • Apr 2008

Re: Transitions 499 ● John Digweed Live from fabric w. guest mix by King Unique

Kisses to Petra and Zoe. Have fun!
    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sbando
      Kisses to Petra and Zoe. Have fun!
      Will do

Zoe not going now but will see her in April.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Hour 1 up early as gotta wash, iron, pack, travel etc. for Miami

... enjoy !
        sigpicSimonR

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Awesome, enjoy Miami!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Hydrosonic
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

Get in there! Have fun in Miami, Simon
            320 requester

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Whoa FSOL! Wasn't expecting that.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

http://www.martin-audio.com/edge/pdfs/martinaudio_theedge_4.pdf

Top notch first hour, would be great to hear another couple more. Sounded amazing in the club, that Martin Audio system is crystal clear.

RA: fabric: An oral history
                sigpicSimonR

Comment

• rewing3
                  I really don't care
                  • Jun 2004

Thanks for the link. Always enjoy his Fabric sets.
                  Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• tiddles
                    Encryption, Jr.
                    • Jun 2004

oh fuck, didn't realize the boat party broadcast was gonna be 5 hours

Comment

• sbando
                      Going back to Romford
                      • Apr 2008

True, available from this new site for streaming mixes. I also hope Proton's version will be two hours.
                      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sbando
                        True, available from this new site for streaming mixes. I also hope Proton's version will be two hours.
                        The full 5 hours will be here if some kind soul would like to hit record:

http://mixlr.com/johndigweed
                        sigpicSimonR

Comment

• simonr
                          Transitionator
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
                          oh fuck, didn't realize the boat party broadcast was gonna be 5 hours
                          I'll be holding up the antenna on [ms]s behalf to make sure you can all get a good broadcasting signal !
                          sigpicSimonR

Comment

• Evil_Concussion
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Aug 2009

i will record it simon ;-)

Comment

• sbando
                              Going back to Romford
                              • Apr 2008

Nice!
                              ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

Working...